• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's the way it is in a few European countries. You have to store your firearms at the range and can only access them there. Lots of politicians would like to see this implemented. It would make it a lot easier to grab them.

Indeed so. You have to admire the efficiency and convenience of one-stop shopping!

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    sold my gear at the indy 1500 this past weekend. kept the bodyguard .380 and the m&p 9mm, but only kept the ten round mags, sold the 17 rounders for 100 bucks a peice, was awesome. kept the m1 garand, but sold the ar for about 2300 bucks, over twice what i paid for it, definately sellers market. if ban goes into effect, i am set. nothing i own any more will hold more than ten rounds. now if i could only find some ammo for the suff i have left.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    i don't believe texas will go with this.

I would say that you are right. The Massachusetts state legislature, in spite of representing such storied locales as Lexington and Concord has a bad enough case of the stupids to pass this tripe. The Texas legislature would never consider it.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I believe that SCOTUS would have to strike that as is in direct opposition to the meaning of Keep and Bear. SCOTUS has recently left little doubt that it is not within the Govt's authority.

Whatever they do, I hope it's fast. It needs to hit SCOTUS before the Illiterate Left gets to fein blindness to the past and revise the future.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Ya we store our guns at a government depot just so when we go to get them they say uh sorry you can't have them. Great idea just allow the government to come into our lives more. It's not enough that they pretty much own our properties and makes us pay taxes on things that are ours.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Why in the world would anybody be ok with this.... This is basically voluntary confiscation. Let the government hold my rifle for me my a**!!!! I DONT THINK SO!!!!!

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Wait guys, you are all looking at it wrong.

Why not let them borrow your rifles? Charge em $2500 a month, with the condition that you have to use it and have ammo provided for said use at least once a month or there is an additional $5000 penalty paid you in the event you cant use it or the ammo for said use isnt provided.

Seems like an easy way to supplement your income, considering how the gov likes to throw money around.

Sorry....dont do the purple...but yeah...sarcasm.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    This is absolute harassment. Where is our side introducing a bill overturning NFA? Screw this February 8th rally at the state Capitol. We need a rally in DC. These MF'ers need to look us in the face, look a few million of us in the face, and tell us they as going to try and pull this BS.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This is absolute harassment. Where is our side introducing a bill overturning NFA? Screw this February 8th rally at the state Capitol. We need a rally in DC. These MF'ers need to look us in the face, look a few million of us in the face, and tell us they as going to try and pull this BS.

They'd be happy to do so.

In DC, no one without a badge is allowed to lawfully carry a firearm.

Blessings,
    Bill

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

^^^

+1

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I believe that SCOTUS would have to strike that as is in direct opposition to the meaning of Keep and Bear. SCOTUS has recently left little doubt that it is not within the Govt's authority.

Whatever they do, I hope it's fast. It needs to hit SCOTUS before the Illiterate Left gets to fein blindness to the past and revise the future.
    Just musing a bit about SCOTUS (or USSC): I personally won't be really confident about any RKBA cases put before them unless/until their roster looks more like:

Halbrook, S.
    Hardy, D.
    Kopel, D.
    Snyder, J.<--(read this review, if you don't read anything else)
    Freeman, K.
    Relford, G.
    CarmelHP -- Chief Justice

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just musing a bit about SCOTUS (or USSC): I personally won't be really confident about any RKBA cases put before them unless/until their roster looks more like:

Halbrook, S.
    Hardy, D.
    Kopel, D.
    Snyder, J.<--(read this review, if you don't read anything else)
    Freeman, K.
    Relford, G.
    CarmelHP -- Chief Justice

I'm not too sure about that Freeman guy, he's such a safety nanny. :):

But seriously, in MILLER, the court focused on 'Military' weapons, stating that the SBS was not generally in line with the use by the militia. (Keep in mind, only the govt side of this case was represented. Miller's Atty filed to be released because he wasn't paid)
    It could be argued that AR/AK/UZI et al semi auto variants are. The Obama machine has painted them as such, even. So, how would the administration back out of that characterization when arguing before the Court, if not by admission that they not, which really defeats their arguement.

HELLAR, McDONALD both saw SCOTUS ruling that blanket bans on owning handguns were unconstitutional, that 2A is a restriction upon the States as well, and that RTKBA is an Individual Right, not the right of a collective.

The 7th Circuit just struck down Illinois' carry ban. (Granted Madigan has appealed to have the court review en banc, so that technically is pending)

The courts have continually taken up and ruled in favor of 2A in specific, narrow cases, but each one closes a door for the Anti's.

Don't think that I'm just going to sit back in confidence that this Administration will follow the legal precedent set down by the Courts, I am not, I will continue letter writing, calling. I'll keep educating the anti's whenever I can, and knowing what SCOTUS has done only helps our argument.

Top Bottom