• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I saw a Kahr PM9 not long ago that had a price tag that read "... Kahr PM9 40 cal..." $799!

I have a picture of it somewhere!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've kicked myself a few times for passing up on gun deals at Gander. Several years ago I remember seeing a used Marlin 30-30 for like $219 or something silly. Another time I saw a used Ruger .41 magnum for like $349. New guns are high, but you can sometimes find a deal on used. It's almost like sometimes the person doing the pricing messes it up. It's also a good place to go look at a big selection and handle some items. Plus, if it seems less intimidating to new gun owners than your typical gun store, maybe it'll get more people into gun ownership. I've known folks who were scared to go to a Bradis or PSS or similar because they thought they'd look stupid, but somewhere like Bass Pro or Gander seems more like a department store that they are used to.

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    They sell gen 3 glock 19s for 600 about a hundred dollars higher than anywhere else. But I once saw a glock 26 used in great condition for $349.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes their pricing on used guns misses the mark way LOW, often they don't know what they have.

Got a Windham Maine Bushmaster HBAR 20" A2 for $699 recently in there.

They had a USGI Ithaca 1911 in there for $700 once. Only issue was some pimp had put pearl grips on it.

But then again, they can be IDIOTS. Right next to the Bushmaster, was an Bushmaster A3 carbine for $799 with a bullet button, 10 round mag, and a muzzle break. Gander's used guns are processed thru a central facility. And some moron sent a California gun to Indiana. Another time I saw a NYS Safe act AR in Gander mountain....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got a nice columbia long sleeve shirt at GM for a steal! And a flashlight nearly 50% off. Woot!

I just picked up a pair of nice shirts there for 50% off too. This is a good time of the year to go clothes shopping there as they are chopping prices to make way for spring stock. I did not even get back to look at guns. For whatever reason, I don't like their new setup in the gun department.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I went to starbucks the other day. I HATE how high their prices are but I went anyway. When I got in there I looked at the prices and they were REALLY high! I was disgusted. I wanted to say shame on you for selling this high priced coffee.

Spoiler alert! Ganders ammo prices are high also. So don't be amazed when you walk in there and find out that the prices on the guns and the ammo is really expensive. Just buy your fishing pole or shirt and leave. You will be happy the rest of the day. Seems, kind of like a no-brainer but I am simple minded like that.

tallerthan28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Zionsville
    i went in looking for a bolt action 22lr, they were asking $499 for the cheapest one they had, I went to a 500 guns and they had the same gun for $99. yeah GM is a big rip off. even with sales.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I actually got a decent price on my 590A1 there during the panic of early 2013. Was fairly surprised, considering everything else was at or above MSRP.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I was in the Terre Haute Gander Mountain a couple of weekends ago and purchased a handgun. I had been checking prices on the Internet for the same pistol. GM was a little on the high side on their price but they were offering 10% off. After factoring in shipping and an FFL transfer fee on top of the online price against the GM 10% off, it was pretty close and the Gander purchase satisfied my immediate gratification need. :runaway:
    Like others have stated. Do your homework. Not everything in the store is a deal. Some prices are ridiculous. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. But why keep complaining about it?

Top Bottom