• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    you aren't far from where they confirmed mountain lions, so you just might get that chance.

when did they confirm mountain lions other then the one in bloomfield? and that one they believed was a escaped or released one. i just dont believe there are mountain lions around here, you would see videos or pics like the bear sightings if there were.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Okay...Here's my favorites....

ef4f08da9955f3e9ad9262f6d306d0bb598c5e3d453ba03c804dcf3418f1bff7_1.jpg

Every time I see this one I can't help but bust a gut!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The black bear has been spotted this evening a mile from my house. He was seen on the edge of the Clark County state forestry yesterday by my pastor's house which is 4 miles from me. Hope I get to see him

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw this on Facebook this afternoon.

Attention folks near the Crothersville and the Clark/Scott county line, the bear has moved to your area this morning.

We ask that you:
    * Remove trash cans from outside areas
    * Remove birdfeeders
    * Do not feed the bear – a fed bear is a dead bear
    * Clean and store your grill in a garage or shed
    These steps will keep both you and the bear from any unwanted interactions.
    If you spot the bear:

* Enjoy it from a distance.
    * Advertise your presence by shouting and waving your arms and backing away slowly.
    * Never attempt to feed or attract bears.

Report bear sightings to that DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife at 812-334-1137 or dfw@dnr.IN.gov.

Photo of the actual bear in Indiana from Deam Lake SRA.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    when did they confirm mountain lions other then the one in bloomfield? and that one they believed was a escaped or released one. i just dont believe there are mountain lions around here, you would see videos or pics like the bear sightings if there were.

Mountain Lions are much more secretive than black bears and even in the west where they are common they are rarely seen. Also, the likelihood of randomly getting an individual animal from a small population on a trail camera is not very high.... nor is everyone that gets such a photo likely to make it public.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Attention folks near the Crothersville and the Clark/Scott county line, the bear has moved to your area this morning.

I think someone posted bad information there. Its been around Underwood now for several days which is near the Clark/Scott county line. Crothersville is not even close to Clark county.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think someone posted bad information there. Its been around Underwood now for several days which is near the Clark/Scott county line. Crothersville is not even close to Clark county.

Could be. That was a cut and paste from a DNR Facebook post.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I talked to a park ranger in Red rocks national park in Nevada, he told me there were several mountain lions in the park, and he had been there for 16 years, and never seen one.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I talked to a park ranger in Red rocks national park in Nevada, he told me there were several mountain lions in the park, and he had been there for 16 years, and never seen one.

That's no surprise at all.
    For some reason, mountain lions have lots of names -- cougar, panther, painter, catamount, puma -- but an uncommon one says it all: American ghost.
    They define stealth.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's no surprise at all.
    For some reason, mountain lions have lots of names -- cougar, panther, painter, catamount, puma -- but an uncommon one says it all: American ghost.
    They define stealth.

A buddy of mine grew up in Cour De Lane Idaho....When he was about 16 he had shot a deer and was getting ready to field dress it...He kept getting the feeling that someone was watching him.....He kept looking over his shoulder and seeing nothing....Finally he looked over his shoulder as the lion was twitching his tail...It was on a boulder watching him from about 20 yards away and was seeming to be agitated....He said it blended so good with the rock he would have never seen it if it hadn't moved it's tail...He had his rifle, slowly backed up, looked at the lion and said "It's yours..." He said the walk back to his truck was one scary walk....

He figured he and the cat were both after the same deer and he opted to let the cat have it.....

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    As for cougars, I've seen two in my 32 years at NSWC Crane. The second was two years ago on hwy161 near "Captains Pond" if you're familiar. He crossed the road right in front of me, I was on my motorcycle and within 35 yards of him and got a really good look as he stopped (I also stopped), turned and looked at me, then dove into the forest. I immediately followed and looked for sign. He must have taken to the trees because I looked that area over - I'm no slouch on sign - NOTHING. I knew exactly where he dove into the vegetation and there wasn't a paw print - nothing.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    As for cougars, I've seen two in my 32 years at NSWC Crane. The second was two years ago on hwy161 near "Captains Pond" if you're familiar. He crossed the road right in front of me, I was on my motorcycle and within 35 yards of him and got a really good look as he stopped (I also stopped), turned and looked at me, then dove into the forest. I immediately followed and looked for sign. He must have taken to the trees because I looked that area over - I'm no slouch on sign - NOTHING. I knew exactly where he dove into the vegetation and there wasn't a paw print - nothing.

Lucky bastard!
    Betcha wish you had some footage of him.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Lucky bastard!
    Betcha wish you had some footage of him.

I'd give anything to have had a go pro on my bike!!! People look at you odd, but I know what I saw. I was 35 yards from him. Eye to eye. He was right next to the guard rail on the bridge just south of the pond and I measured it - that cat stood 32" at the shoulder. I also measured the leap he took from a stand still into the forest - 18' in one bound. I'm an engineer by trade and that's all the data I could collect.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd give anything to have had a go pro on my bike!!! People look at you odd, but I know what I saw. I was 35 yards from him. Eye to eye. He was right next to the guard rail on the bridge just south of the pond and I measured it - that cat stood 32" at the shoulder. I also measured the leap he took from a stand still into the forest - 18' in one bound. I'm an engineer by trade and that's all the data I could collect.

I wonder at what speed a guy would have to be traveling on a motorcycle where a cougar would likely miss a pounce that would drag said rider off? :D

Top Bottom