• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I had breakfast with Freedom Group president Scott Blackwell the other day (me and 300 of his closest friends, LOL). I'd share what he had to say about recent changes they have made and how they are positioned to move forward in the current market, but I'd hate to get in the way of a good conspiracy theory...

do these changes include using better specs without the upcharging? better CS? More consistent QC?:laugh:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    ***but I'd hate to get in the way of a good conspiracy theory...

I'd love to hear what you have to pass on, Mark. It don't think it would hurt the theories one bit.

Consipiracy Tin Foil is astoundingly durable. It can withstand many factual attacks and protect the wearers brain cavity of all but the most superficial amounts of absobtion.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Wait a minute guys. This is one of the effects the left is hoping to instill on gun owners and manufacturers.

Everything as far as these companies are concerned is in a state of flux right now. They need to make business decisions that they feel are in the best interest of their companies.

The left knows they can't make hay with legislation, so they are trying to make hay by putting companies out of business due to "impending legislation".

Let these things get worked out in congress, and when things go back to normal, get your upper.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    If we've learned anything from the "Great Depression of 2007-2013 and beyond" we would know that every company is trying to count their pennies, from the well off (like SDI) to the small and well loved (ERi... plug!). Scrutinizing every move so that we can stay afloat if it get's any worse.

That being said, we also have "Mr. President" stating that he'd make it difficult for coal companies to do what they're doing. Openly! Then he did! He's already stated to the press that he'd make it difficult for those firearms Manufacturers to continue putting out "death machines."

It's a recipe for overthrow. We see it in war around the world, and we see it at home. We're just setting here front row, watching the entire thing go down!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just after Christmas I ordered a DPMS .308 upper from their website. I was told that the wait could be as much as a year which sucks but none of my locals had this product. I just called because my order now shows as "cancel" on their website. They cancelled the order for the upper without telling me. I asked why, the guy said "We will not be manufacturing this product or most products like it for the foreseeable future." Huh. Imagine that. He also told me that the two magazines I ordered *may* be cancelled as well because my order date was right on top of the cutoff for large-capacity magazine orders. Color me shocked. They'll never see another penny from me.

-Dobber

So if you hate DPMS now, do you have any DPMS products for sale?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I agree you are not seeing the big picture and dont know what they are currently set up for or selling. I do know the .308 is not their bread and butter. I had a great experiance with them and love my rifle a lot. I waited about eight months several years ago for my custom order. I would love to have a short LR308!
    Doubt very seriously DPMS is stopping or even slowing any manufacturing of all AR's. I built an LR-308 last summer, Bought a DPMS stripped lower and lower kit at a GS. When I contacted DPMS about the Upper I was told there was a 6 month (or more, can't remember). I did a lot of searching on the web and found that Red's Trading Post.com listed them as in stock. Called them and they said there were XX # in the warehouse, I kind of had my doubts, but ordered one. It was delivered in about 3 days. Flattop with Heavy 24" stainless steel full floating barrel, works perfect, still in the break-in process.

Top Bottom