• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Can we start forcing drug testing for everyone who sends there children to public school or takes government money to pay for college?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Why? Public school isn't free.

I don't have kids in school and I still pay for it. What's your point?

We need to get the kids prepared for later on in life when they will need to pass these tests for jobs :D

and...

Tax money goes towards those kids getting an education, its only fair that we test everyone benefitting from our tax dollars.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    We need to get the kids prepared for later on in life when they will need to pass these tests for jobs :D

and...

Tax money goes towards those kids getting an education, its only fair that we test everyone benefitting from our tax dollars.
    I'm not sure I understand how public eduction is welfare if those choosing to send their kids there are paying taxes to do so. :dunno:

I agree that public education sucks...but I'm not getting the connection. I also think that if you don't have kids in the public education system or once your kids leave the system you shouldn't have to foot the bill for it. I think it should be a user funded program...but that's another thread entirely.

Again though, I don't have kids that use the system.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013

and...

So I suppose you're willing to step up and get drug tested because you use public roads? Big difference between welfare and schools.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    heres an idea, have the welfare people set up a welfare sting. anyone who applies and get accepted, have a welfare employee follow them for a couple of weekends. druggies cant go that long without a mess up. then pull em from welfare when there busted. after a few of them get busted, that should stop others who try to play the system.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    So I suppose you're willing to step up and get drug tested because you use public roads? Big difference between welfare and schools.

Actually there is no difference...a public road is a "public good" and useful to all. A public school is useful to a subset of society (namely parents willing to allow their child to attend a government school) and is not a public good any more than welfare checks are.

Top Bottom