• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm not re-reading 37 pages to find a personal attack against you, but if there was, it was probably after you had already done it to someone else.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    From the OP

Yes. That's exactly what I think when the corporate policy has been publicly stated numerous times. Regardless, you're still missing the point. Maybe you should go back and re-read the first post. If it helps, ignore the whole "open carry" part of it.
    IBTL

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Amazingly, for every red I get from the frothing OC people, I get a green or two from others thanking me for standing up to your bully tactics and expressing my opinion. Many people don't want to be targeted publicly with your kookery, and I don't blame them. Wading through the barrage of your nonsense is hard work.
    I'll admit I'm just rep-whoring now, but I've gotten 7 positive reps on this thread alone for my responses to you.
    Who on earth would rep you for attacking OCers for carrying guns in compliance with state and federal law and corporate policy of the place where they're carrying?

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    WOW Nakatomi you were the first post after the warning from Scutter01 who was the OP and is a MOD.
    He requested that this thread stay within his first post yet you continue to badger other members and jack this post. If you can not see why others (myself included)view you as a troll I am truly sorry for commenting on any and all of your post i did not realize you are "Mentally Deficient".

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll admit I'm just rep-whoring now, but I've gotten 7 positive reps on this thread alone for my responses to you.
    Who on earth would rep you for attacking OCers for carrying guns in compliance with state and federal law and corporate policy of the place where they're carrying?

I think the rep system is pretty awesome. If there are more kooks than intelligent people, the kooks will always have great rep, and the intelligent people will be red. That will encourage intelligent people not to speak, and further encourage the mob's kookery.

A red dot is a badge of honor here, methinks!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Because you keep addressing me directly, perhaps? Do you not want a response?

Fear not. The vocal mob will prevail, and my dissenting opinion will be swept away as others before mine have, I am sure. This forum is not interested in opposing viewpoints; just to exist as a mutual support group for a few who want to bask in the glow of their right-wing self righteousness.

How many of you have icons or slogans insulting our President? Painting him as a Nazi, for example? I love this country, and he is our Commander in Chief. If you can't show our own president any respect, I certainly don't expect any from you either.

I for one feel privileged to have been part of this conversation. I have learned in very short order those people I would want to associate with in events, and those I would go to great lengths to avoid.

Having been on the opposite side of the majority on this forum about another issue, I was inclined to come to your aid. First I went back and read your first post, and then I followed the replies and your replies until it degenerated. I haven't read every single post, because there are too many.

I think you made two major mistakes. One you used insulting language in your posts in general, not just to those who had taken a tougher tone with you. Two, you don't concede points that have been obviously made.

I don't think you're a troll, and I think dissenting voices are good here. I also think you should argue respectfully. There are some here who will jump on you when you try to turn this forum into something more than a mutual support group. I won't address myself to them because it's a useless topic. You have put yourself in their category because of the insulting language you use that negatively splashes everyone who legitimately disagrees with you.

I think you should start by saying whether or not you understand that Scutter's point was simply that he was treated in a humiliating fashion for simply taking advantage of a stated corporate policy, and not arguing some other point that had nothing to do with that.

Finally, as to your comments about people here not respecting Obama, did you call out the left for their insults to Bush?

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Having been on the opposite side of the majority on this forum about another issue, I was inclined to come to your aid. First I went back and read your first post, and then I followed the replies and your replies until it degenerated. I haven't read every single post, because there are too many.

I think you made two major mistakes. One you used insulting language in your posts in general, not just to those who had taken a tougher tone with you. Two, you don't concede points that have been obviously made.

I don't think you're a troll, and I think dissenting voices are good here. I also think you should argue respectfully. There are some here who will jump on you when you try to turn this forum into something more than a mutual support group. I won't address myself to them because it's a useless topic. You have put yourself in their category because of the insulting language you use that negatively splashes everyone who legitimately disagrees with you.

I think you should start by saying whether or not you understand that Scutter's point was simply that he was treated in a humiliating fashion for simply taking advantage of a stated corporate policy, and not arguing some other point that had nothing to do with that.

Finally, as to your comments about people here not respecting Obama, did you call out the left for their insults to Bush?

You are right, once it became apparent there wasn't going to be any real discussion, I jumped down to their level to tease them back. I shouldn't have taken the bait, but sometimes it's just too tempting :)

There are many things Bush did I don't agree with, but I always respected him as our president. Even Clinton, and that was a real challenge sometimes.

I appreciate your posting that, it is refreshing to respond to someone calm and thoughtful, who presents ideas calmly and in clear voice, rather than playing the conversational equivalent of Whack-A-Mole. ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Alright, I've had just about enough of this. This thread is no longer productive.

I don't appreciate having to close this thread as I had a genuine complaint against Cabela's that I wanted to discuss, but it's clear that it will continue to be yet another OC vs CC thread, which is, frankly, a tired argument. Neither side is going to convince the other.

If you spent half as much energy arguing with your lawmakers as you do with each other, we wouldn't have the crappy gun laws we have in this country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom