• What do you think?

• Total voters

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    This is probably the best argument to refute their claim that I've yet heard.

THAT'S THE THING! How can people cite the bible say when they say that the world is ending on X day because if you decode it upside down after you've poured water on it and then plug in the leftover letters to x algorithm when your drunk, it says so!

When in very plain language it says that "any day you say it will happen, it won't."

I can only answer this question bluntly, and the blunt fact of the matter is that interpretations of the Bible that require going beyond the plain revelation of God's Word are done for either 1) a presupposed goal that makes every text fit that goal regardless of context or any other accepted interpretation method; and/or 2) profit.

Avoiding these errors is incredibly important to me. As a pastor I must endeavor to preach what God has said, not what I want to say or what I want His Word to say. Likewise, every errant move of the church from the days of the Apostles has came precisely because man twisted the Scripture to fit himself, rather than submitting to God in accordance to His Word. God does not take this lightly (Isaiah 8:20).

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I can only answer this question bluntly, and the blunt fact of the matter is that interpretations of the Bible that require going beyond the plain revelation of God's Word are done for either 1) a presupposed goal that makes every text fit that goal regardless of context or any other accepted interpretation method; and/or 2) profit.

Avoiding these errors is incredibly important to me. As a pastor I must endeavor to preach what God has said, not what I want to say or what I want His Word to say. Likewise, every errant move of the church from the days of the Apostles has came precisely because man twisted the Scripture to fit himself, rather than submitting to God in accordance to His Word. God does not take this lightly (Isaiah 8:20).

I want to sit in your congregation! :rockwoot:

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Bring on the end of the world. I may not be prepared, but at least it takes care of most of my other problems!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    BTW...the Bible doesn't actually say that the ned of the world is going to start as of May 21, 2011. It actually says that nobody knows the day or the hour other than God Himself. (Matthew 25:13)
    :yesway::yesway::yesway:

I can assure you that any date any man puts forth for the end of the world is a day you can be assured it won't (Matthew 24:26-27 and 36).

The day is coming, however. Prepare accordingly (Matthew 24:26-31).
    :yesway::yesway::yesway:

^^ THIS. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

THANK YOU! :alright:

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Well, if the world ends tomorrow, I'll already be in hell. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow evening, in a gas station and I'll be surrounded by crackheads, idiots and people wanting to buy lottery tickets. If it's zombies, I'll welcome them before I have to suggestive sell them a soda to go with their brains.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    BTW...the Bible doesn't actually say that the ned of the world is going to start as of May 21, 2011. It actually says that nobody knows the day or the hour other than God Himself. (Matthew 25:13)

Thats what it says.. it might be smart to study John chapter 3 versus 14 thru 18 in the KJV. juuuuuust incase.... just sayin ;)

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Well, if the world ends tomorrow, I'll already be in hell. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow evening, in a gas station and I'll be surrounded by crackheads, idiots and people wanting to buy lottery tickets. If it's zombies, I'll welcome them before I have to suggestive sell them a soda to go with their brains.
    Do you think the zombies will want to "Tag 6?"

Top Bottom