• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I think a nation has the obligation protect its citizens' rights. It isn't obligated to protect other nations' citizens, but I don't mind if we extend the curtesy to our guests. If they're here legally.

Good point. I think if you accept them as your guest, certain courtesies are appropriate, including most of the protections of the BoR. But if they either do not fit that category, or they turn out to not have entered into our country in good faith, then they have no such rights.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This is some nonsense talk going on here. Nobody has any right to initiate force to extract information from another.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just answer the question. You know what I'm asking. Dare to put yourself out there and give an honest answer.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just answer the question. You know what I'm asking. Dare to put yourself out there and give an honest answer.

My honest answer to your non-question question is this:

The U.S. murders anyone they please, anywhere they please and attempt to justify it with the word "war".

We, the people, allow this - many even delight in it - but none of us could ever authorize it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is some nonsense talk going on here. Nobody has any right to initiate force to extract information from another.

I'm kinda in agreement, with the caveat "if they aren't certain the person has information."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think a nation has the obligation protect its citizens' rights. It isn't obligated to protect other nations' citizens, but I don't mind if we extend the curtesy to our guests. If they're here legally.

Are you speaking of "other nation's citizens" in their home countries (which I agree), or that happen to be on US soil (which runs contrary to the spirit of the Constitution)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My honest answer to your non-question question is this:

The U.S. murders anyone they please, anywhere they please and attempt to justify it with the word "war".

We, the people, allow this - many even delight in it - but none of us could ever authorize it.

That's the black helicopter tin foil obfuscated answer. I'm talking about open dialog like most people have.

So let's talk openly with unobfuscated dialog. Theoretically, if a state goes to war because they were provoked--in other words, they didn't initiate the force, the other party did, and this state was just protecting itself from agression of another, does that state have the right to kill to protect its citizens? And if it has the right to kill to protect itself, does it also have the right to extract information from the enemy using unpleasant means?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Are you speaking of "other nation's citizens" in their home countries (which I agree), or that happen to be on US soil (which runs contrary to the spirit of the Constitution)

The constitution is crap. It enables a class immune to consequences for crimes to rule over the rest of us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Are they citizens or not? If they've participated in evil against us, and they are not citizens, I don't see what difference the border makes. The terrorist that we had in custody that was supposed to have been on one of the planes on 9/11, should we have treated him as we would a citizen, just because he was inside our borders?

Top Bottom