Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yup the new guy will be with him.

But if the new guy is an anti-gunner that might be kind of fun to see him wet his pants when we all simultaneously reach toward our waists and say "excuse me while I whip this out..."

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I missed this today, had some unavoidable family obligations to tend to. The sad part of teh situation is I'm almost out of Onyx, so I need to find a new cigar that can tickle my fancy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Hey guys: can i get in on this event with you? Where is this place at?

Erick

HI Erick, yes you can come these are open to the public. We typically meet up on Wednesday around lunchtime at the Pine Island Pit Stop Smoke Shop/Cigar Lounge.

People often roll in just before noon and stay until roughly 2pm, sometimes as late as 5pm.

Its located on US30 about 10 minutes west of I-65. Inside Pine Island Plaza (south side of US30) next door to ZUNI's Restaurant.

Picture6.png

Last edited:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Wow I was confused for a second. I seen what you replied and thought you were directing him to the open carry at Cedar Lake. And was going to say I thought he was talking about the wednesday get togethers. So I hit to Quote thing and looked again and it was The Route 30 store:dunno:, then I hit the back button and it was saying Cedar Lake:dunno:. Then I thought I was going crazy and hit the quote button again, and it said Route 30:dunno:. To make a long story short, I reloaded the page and all is good. So in actuality, this is a wasted post, except for the fact that I am proving how slow I am in the mornings. :popcorn:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Andy, just curious, but can you bring a whole bottle of whatever prescription is making you so confused to the next Wednesday lunch. I'm sure if you share it with the group then everyone will have a much better time at the shooting range!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Melensdad: My thread count hasn't reached 15 yet, so couldn't respond to your PM...

Would love to make it...however, don't really have anything I could "open" carry, just my HK USP, and I don't have my permit yet. Haven't had a cigar in several years...for the good ones, its expensive!!! Remember having one they said "tasted" like chocolate...That was a mistake.

What have I done wrong? All the cigars this cigar shop said tasted good, ended up tasting like ****. I remember spending $15 on ONE cigar!

Can I still join you guys? I might be an oddball, though, if I'm the only one in the group that shows up without an open carry...

Erick

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Andy, just curious, but can you bring a whole bottle of whatever prescription is making you so confused to the next Wednesday lunch. I'm sure if you share it with the group then everyone will have a much better time at the shooting range!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It is some real good stuff. I didn't take it Saturday until I got home from the shoot.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Melensdad: My thread count hasn't reached 15 yet, so couldn't respond to your PM...

Would love to make it...however, don't really have anything I could "open" carry, just my HK USP, and I don't have my permit yet. Haven't had a cigar in several years...for the good ones, its expensive!!! Remember having one they said "tasted" like chocolate...That was a mistake.

What have I done wrong? All the cigars this cigar shop said tasted good, ended up tasting like ****. I remember spending $15 on ONE cigar!

Can I still join you guys? I might be an oddball, though, if I'm the only one in the group that shows up without an open carry...

Erick

You wouldn't have to worry about that, not everyone OC's. It's more or less gun owners sitting around talking guns and a little bit of everything else over a good cigar.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    @evilblackrifle
    All of the events at the cigar shop there is no obligation to carry, or smoke.
    Just come on down and shoot the breeze.
    And try not to laugh at my scooter.

@Andy
    Ya' know I do feel obligated to at least help you clean that 500. I did put alot of rounds through that. You could just bring it by and I could have it back to you in a couple days.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Great guys! Thanks. I'll see you Wednesday.

Erick

Looking forward to it. And as has been written by others, no obligation to carry (open or concealed) and no obligation to smoke a cigar. . . I'd say that most of the Wednesday lunch crowd smokes cigars with a couple exceptions. Topics range from reloading to various holsters, to various guns, to shooting IDPA competitions, to making fun of Joe's purple scooter, to whatever!

When it comes to the monthly Cigar Night, those crowds are much larger and probably only 65-75% of the people are cigar smokers.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just got some free cigars from CARLOS TORANO (url = Torano Cigars - Manufactures of Hand-Rolled Cigars )

Too bad this guy didn't stumble in here on Wednesday. He wants to set me up as a direct buying account. I've always liked the brand but it was under the thumb of another importer for the past few years and has been pretty much overlooked by cigar smokers. They have now parted ways with their former importer and now are importing and distributing on their own. Looks like we'll have a few events with them in the future. I didn't check to see if he is gun friendly or not, but we can whip him into shape if he turns out to be a weenie.

In the mean time I'm puffing away on one of their new single region cigars, I'd share but . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom