• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falconpuch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    NW Laf
    Beretta 92fs. BUT depending on what you're doing with it, it's kinda big to carry. I really like mine, super accurate, low recoil, and easy to shoot...but I never carry it.

I carry mine,its not that big. I don't really notice it there.

But my Beretta 92fs I love, Hate poly guns.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I was over 1/2 way thru before anyone even mentioned a revolver. Revolvers were only mentioned 3 times. I can't believe that few people shoot revolvers. My answer to the poll would depend on the use.

- Target shooting: S&W revolvers. Caliber and frame is dependent on the specific purpose/sport.
    - Hunting or large predator protection: Ruger Redhawk or Super Redhawk in 44 mag.
    - Carry: S&W J-frame 38 or .357.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In the OP it states no revolvers.

seems like Sig 220 series, Browning HiPower, Beretta 92, 3rd gen Smiths top the list so far.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I was over 1/2 way thru before anyone even mentioned a revolver. Revolvers were only mentioned 3 times. I can't believe that few people shoot revolvers. My answer to the poll would depend on the use.

- Target shooting: S&W revolvers. Caliber and frame is dependent on the specific purpose/sport.
    - Hunting or large predator protection: Ruger Redhawk or Super Redhawk in 44 mag.
    - Carry: S&W J-frame 38 or .357.

In the OP it states no revolvers.

seems like Sig 220 series, Browning HiPower, Beretta 92, 3rd gen Smiths top the list so far.

ding ding ding, extra points for Vert for reading the OP :)

-- on a personal note, I now LOVE revolvers. my latest addition was a 4" GP100 and I love the thing.
    The main idea of this thread was to think of steel/aluminum guns that weren't 1911s or revolvers. But I'll agree with Whip_McCord that revolvers do excel at the tasks in his post.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    4487CZ_Motivator_zps092eeee4.jpg

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I looked a few times, but did not notice the "no revolvers" part. I think in my old age, I am having trouble reading words in parenthesis. :):

I am not a polymer fan, but I have a couple. Most of my non-revolver guns are 1911s. I do have a Sig P226 and an S&W 52-2. Also have some T/C Contenders and a Remington XP-100 in 7mm BR. I assume you don't want single shots, but they will out shoot any pistol mentioned above. Those are all very nice pistols, but I still shoot my revolvers much more often. Over half of my CF handguns are revolvers.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    That I've shot (and that I can remember) S&W 3913LS, Sig 239 9mm.

Was just at the range over lunch shooting my S&W 3913 and Sig 238.

It had been awhile for the 3913 and I forgot how much I like the first gun I bought.

Really enjoy shooting my EDC Sig, especially after carrying a KelTec P3AT previously.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Radom P64, Kahr makes some all steel/alloy pistols KT, K, and M. Phoenix arms HP22 is all metal. Most derringers are metal, and there was a 357magnum four shot pistol, COP (compact off duty police), it was a square barrel not a revolver at all.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom