• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    As far as past service to this country goes, im not going to touch that out of respect, but i ask that you show me the same respect in mine.

The 4th Amendment Stands for ALL Americans BUT lest I forget,
    in their Own minds, them Evansville Kops be some Bad Ass Mother's, Toughest Dudes in E'ville LOL :rolleyes:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think some people have never held a minority position or status on a single thing their entire lives. If you asked 1 million people 100 different questions, there are those who would be of the majority position on all 100 of those questions. It is these people who see no problem with the suspension of rights because they never think they'll personally be affected by it.

Guns - I have nothing to worry about because I only have granddad's shotgun and a 22.

Religion - I have nothing to worry about because I'm a mainstream Christian, not a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc.

Privacy rights - I have nothing to worry about because I don't say or believe the things that aren't mainstream.

If only these people would ever envision themselves or believe in something strongly enough to realize that they someday may be in the minority on something and become the target.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    hmm if my Condescension offends you, im not sorry.

i havent heard one person in this nieghborhood say they didnt give consent or complain

about how this was handled, so why are you here in indiana lambasting the LEO's over

how they handled this?

i'm not saying we need to give up our rights under the constitution i almost died

defending. im saying that this isnt your cold war you still think we are fighting. we are

in a fight that involves an enemy that has no problem attcking our women and children

in a public place in order to accomplish their mission.

and what i have gathered is intstead of doing things they way they did, they should have

went to a judge got a warrant for every house in this two square mile area then

performed the cordon and search operation?

I'm sure the hundreds of special ops personnel that died during the "cold war" fighting terrorist would be proud to listen to your condescending attitude. I especially remember pulling a nice overripe body of one out of the water. But maybe that was my imagination. But, news flash, they're still dead.
    The "war on terror" has been around since Roman Times.
    It even spiked in the 70's. Maybe you didn't study history back, but planes were brought down, buildings bombed, people assasinated.

So once again.
    If these problems could be fought in the past, why not now?
    Are you trying to tell me the younger generation is more incompetent?
    Get a search warrant? Why not?
    Were the +1,000 men they had there not enough to contain the area while waiting?
    They were chasing 1 guy for God's sake.

I don't think they are.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, and thanks for your service.

Plenty on here have some also.

But that doesn't give us the right to dictate where rights start and stop.

The Constitution, and law in general, is a contract we give the government to have some power over our lives. If we allow the party that we're trying to limit, to break the contract at their whim, then it is no longer a Constitution, but just a piece of paper.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I sit here reading these posts alot of you are putting up and i am just beside myself. most of you from what i have gathered have never even faced a terrorist down in any form other than on call of duty. Boston was not in a police state. there is no conspiracy. and as far as the warantless searches go you would rather we just let these guys walk off after committing a terrosrist action? do you even love this country or are you so enamoured with your tin foil theroys that you are unable to see past your hate for the political party that isnt yours? the national gaurd was used as an outer cordon. the humvees were used by police, and why not use the national gaurd in operations as this? isnt this what they are for? the police have this guy in a nieghbor hood and need to go house to house to clear each one and try and capture this piece of **** that attacked all of us. but in your world we wouldnt do that because they might what see your sink fullof dirty dishes or that your sitting in your moms basement in three week old underwear? they werent searching the homes for anything other than this guy. and i havent heard one resident of boston say they were arrested from any of these searches. this isnt cold war russia we are fighting. we are in a dynamic fight that unfortunately has come to our doorsteps. so all you internet rambos its time to put on your big boy pants and come to the real world.

I'm happy that one of them is dead and the other is caught. Conspiracy theories are rampant because of the history of this Federal Government lying. Google Operation Northwoods, the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, Ruby Ridge, Waco, and Oklahoma City just to name a few. And now look at the lies of the Obama Administration regarding Fast and Furious and Benghazi. I don't think there are any conspiracies in Boston, just a couple of nuts. However, this the cover-ups and false flags of this Government are well-documented.

Internet Rambos? There are a lot of vets who post here. I've got three trips to the sandbox myself. Not everyone who disagrees with you is some manchild wearing crusty underwear in his mom's basement, who is ignorant of the real-world how you see it. I could make gross characterization of those on your side of this issue as well. All those who disagree with me are a bunch of limp-wrists who watch TV tough guy cops that are too badass to be bothered by the 4th Amendment, they just get the job done.

As far his miranda rights go, they invoked the public safety clause, wich is only good for 48 hours, so by now it has expired. they can declare him an enemy combatant, wich they should, and then question him after he is of able body. if he doesnt talk or confess we still have an overwhelming amount of evidence, including a marathon runner who looked this punk in the face as he was setting a bomb at his feet.

i can appriciate a cuatiousness but sometimes you guys take things way too far. unless your planning on setting off bombs in the us i dont think you will ever be subject this treatment.

DBAP

I don't like the Government suspending the 4th Amendment anytime they please. If this is the case, then there is no 4th Amendment. We are supposed to be governed by the rule of law, not the rule of man. This means that the rule of law applies at all times, not just when it's convenient.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh, and thanks for your service.

Plenty on here have some also.

But that doesn't give us the right to dictate where rights start and stop.

The Constitution, and law in general, is a contract we give the government to have some power over our lives. If we allow the party that we're trying to limit, to break the contract at their whim, then it is no longer a Constitution, but just a piece of paper.

Exactly! And our rights that are stated in the constitution are non negotiable natural rights that are never up for bargaining for any government.

People like the OP are the problem in this country and the reason the govt keeps stepping over the line. As long as its for personal or national safety then it must be ok they think.
    Please move to Canada. Why even live in the United States if our rights mean that little to you? Yeah you served. Thanks and congratulations for holding a job that you got paid to do. So did I. That doesn't mean we love out country anymore than some people who didn't serve nor does it give us any more rights or say so than other citizens when it comes to rights. We knew what we signed up for so dont cry now soldier. They are non negotiable! In the military there are also a lot of retards who are "serving" because they needed someone to thump them on the head to show up to work everyday and couldn't find that as a civilian. So when I find fellow veterans who are morons it never surprises me.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Some of us were in the "war on terror" when you were probably ****ting in your diapers.
    In case you didn't know this, TERRORISM DIDN'T START ON 9/11.

So, let me see.
    Before 9/11 we handled terrorism, not always well, but handled.
    Why different rules????

A violation of someone's rights, is a violation of EVERYONE'S rights.
    If they can do it to someone else, they can do it to you.

And the bad guy, suspect, whatever you call him..... he was found because of good old fashioned police work. Not because they stormed someone's house.

How about this. We have a murderer in your town. We don't know where. But we're gonna search each and every home till we find him.
    WHY NOT?
    We're just sitting in our Mom and Dad's basement.

I thought some lady called the police and said someone was in her boat?????

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ok, "does not equal" is "!=" but I will also notate in my memory that "=/=" is supposed to be "!=" as well :).

Edit: Aha, I see where it derived: ≠.

I see how one would try and type that as "=/=" meaning that the slash is 'over' the equals... I'm far too literal for that to make sense. That said, I understand "!=" where as most that have no programming experience would have no clue what it was!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

He was found soon after the city lock down was released. Thousands of police couldn't find him, but once hundreds of thousands of people were allowed their freedom he was quickly found by the public. Take from it what you will.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Following up on tips is old fashioned police work.

And if we haven't found it necessarynto give up rights in the last 2 hundred years, but now we do???
    I mean come on. These guys (2 brothers) were like the Keystone cops of terror.
    They missed main bodies of people through placement and timing.
    There was no secondaries to take out first responders.
    There were no threats to area hospitals to slow down emergency aid.
    There were no tertiary explosions to distract.
    There was no exit. They shoulda been on the way outta the area.

Don't get me wrong. To those involved it is a tragedy, and my condolances to them and their families.
    But on a national level, this is a blip.

Guy in Texas with a bolt action did worse than this.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso

:yesway: but it was a male, David Henneberry. He went out to smoke a cigarette after they said his area was able to leave to house now. Once he went out he noticed the door flap strap was loose and climbed up and seen suspect 2 lying there in a pool of blood.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The 4A is a good example of slow erosion being tolerated to the point where outright suspending it isn't even given a thought.

Warrantless wiretaps. Chip. Email monitoring. Chip. Data mining. Chip. Patriot act. Chip. No knock warrants. Chip...

Chipped away to this point where we have arrived today.

"I'm looking for a dangerous bad guy. Put your hands up. Leave your home. I'm going to search it."

Meh, nothing to see here.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "I'm looking for a dangerous bad guy. Put your hands up. Leave your home. I'm going to search it."

Meh, nothing to see here.

No, not simply "Meh, nothing to see here". Outright anger and hostility that anyone would even consider that someone might have a problem with it, and then have the unmitigated gall to claim "I'm not saying we need to give up our rights under the constitution I almost died defending", when that is EXACTLY what you're saying.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    No, not simply "Meh, nothing to see here". Outright anger and hostility that anyone would even consider that someone might have a problem with it, and then have the unmitigated gall to claim "I'm not saying we need to give up our rights under the constitution I almost died defending", when that is EXACTLY what you're saying.

Well said, Scutter.:yesway:

Also, if the homeowners give permission, that's OK with me. Stupid choice, yes, but OK with me.

Top Bottom