• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just so we're clear, you guys are fine with warrantless searches as long as they're popular with the general public, right? I guess we don't even need a Constitution since we have instant opinion polls nowadays. I'm going to assume that you agree with Feinstein, Obama, and Biden when it comes to background checks and other "popular" gun control issues.

Deal me in, you know what they say about assuming!

There is such a thing as a legal warrentless search (incident to arrest, plain view heres another one driver or homeowner gave permission)

No one involved in Boston said anything was illegal on their searches. That has came far away from a lap top in Indiana by folks that weren't there. If all the "POLICE STATE" searches you and some here are advocating happened where is the ACLU? They would have been all over that which I guess that means folks making that critisim here on the searches have more in common with the ACLU than Moderngunner myself and others have with Fienstien, Obama and Biden you mention.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

There is such a thing as a legal warrentless search (incident to arrest, plain view heres another one driver or homeowner gave permission)

No one involved in Boston said anything was illegal on their searches. That has came far away from a lap top in Indiana by folks that weren't there. If all the "POLICE STATE" searches you and some here are advocating happened where is the ACLU? They would have been all over that which I guess that means folks making that critisim here on the searches have more in common with the ACLU than Moderngunner myself and others have with Fienstien, Obama and Biden you mention.
    Actually the ACLU is starting to get on it. I saw it on fox news today. Only time will tell. We all know that even if the governor or mayor or whoever is found to have ordered rights violations and found guilty in court, they will still remain in power and the overwhelming majority of the citizens won't care and will still call them Hero's.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    The Fourth Amendment doesn't go away just because it's inconvenient. If it doesn't apply to everyone, all the time, then it applies to no one, ever. You can also easily make your point without the superiority complex.

Gotta go with this one. OP has no idea what this country is founded on. Not a police state.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I sit here reading these posts alot of you are putting up and i am just beside myself. most of you from what i have gathered have never even faced a terrorist down in any form other than on call of duty. Boston was not in a police state. there is no conspiracy. and as far as the warantless searches go you would rather we just let these guys walk off after committing a terrosrist action? do you even love this country or are you so enamoured with your tin foil theroys that you are unable to see past your hate for the political party that isnt yours? the national gaurd was used as an outer cordon. the humvees were used by police, and why not use the national gaurd in operations as this? isnt this what they are for? the police have this guy in a nieghbor hood and need to go house to house to clear each one and try and capture this piece of **** that attacked all of us. but in your world we wouldnt do that because they might what see your sink fullof dirty dishes or that your sitting in your moms basement in three week old underwear? they werent searching the homes for anything other than this guy. and i havent heard one resident of boston say they were arrested from any of these searches. this isnt cold war russia we are fighting. we are in a dynamic fight that unfortunately has come to our doorsteps. so all you internet rambos its time to put on your big boy pants and come to the real world.

As far his miranda rights go, they invoked the public safety clause, wich is only good for 48 hours, so by now it has expired. they can declare him an enemy combatant, wich they should, and then question him after he is of able body. if he doesnt talk or confess we still have an overwhelming amount of evidence, including a marathon runner who looked this punk in the face as he was setting a bomb at his feet.

i can appriciate a cuatiousness but sometimes you guys take things way too far. unless your planning on setting off bombs in the us i dont think you will ever be subject this treatment.

DBAP
    I met a eville 5oh named bruce bellwood many years ago. After remebering what a class act he was it even reinforces my opinon about the 4th and jack boots.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Ok, "does not equal" is "!=" but I will also notate in my memory that "=/=" is supposed to be "!=" as well :).

Edit: Aha, I see where it derived: ≠.

I see how one would try and type that as "=/=" meaning that the slash is 'over' the equals... I'm far too literal for that to make sense. That said, I understand "!=" where as most that have no programming experience would have no clue what it was!

Dont let Que see this :popcorn: Meeknes =/= Weakmess

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    The overwhelming majority of those who are members of this online forum surely agree with you. Unfortunately, there are a handful of those who tend to post....well.....oddball stuff that likely do not agree with you.

Most of their rants stem from an amazing misunderstanding of our Constitution, to whom it applies, and, much more importantly, to whom it does not apply. As for the searches that took place in Boston, the streets lined with the local citizens applauding their police says it all; everyone agreed with the need. When the citizens don't line the streets to show their support, then there might be a need to take a closer look.

The overwhelming majority I spoke of earlier tend to just ignore these rants, as they come from the same handful over and over again. That's my advice to you.
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I sit here reading these posts alot of you are putting up and i am just beside myself. most of you from what i have gathered have never even faced a terrorist down in any form other than on call of duty. Boston was not in a police state. there is no conspiracy. and as far as the warantless searches go you would rather we just let these guys walk off after committing a terrosrist action? do you even love this country or are you so enamoured with your tin foil theroys that you are unable to see past your hate for the political party that isnt yours? the national gaurd was used as an outer cordon. the humvees were used by police, and why not use the national gaurd in operations as this? isnt this what they are for? the police have this guy in a nieghbor hood and need to go house to house to clear each one and try and capture this piece of **** that attacked all of us. but in your world we wouldnt do that because they might what see your sink fullof dirty dishes or that your sitting in your moms basement in three week old underwear? they werent searching the homes for anything other than this guy. and i havent heard one resident of boston say they were arrested from any of these searches. this isnt cold war russia we are fighting. we are in a dynamic fight that unfortunately has come to our doorsteps. so all you internet rambos its time to put on your big boy pants and come to the real world.

As far his miranda rights go, they invoked the public safety clause, wich is only good for 48 hours, so by now it has expired. they can declare him an enemy combatant, wich they should, and then question him after he is of able body. if he doesnt talk or confess we still have an overwhelming amount of evidence, including a marathon runner who looked this punk in the face as he was setting a bomb at his feet.

i can appriciate a cuatiousness but sometimes you guys take things way too far. unless your planning on setting off bombs in the us i dont think you will ever be subject this treatment.

DBAP

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    hmm if my Condescension offends you, im not sorry.

i havent heard one person in this nieghborhood say they didnt give consent or complain

about how this was handled, so why are you here in indiana lambasting the LEO's over

how they handled this?

i'm not saying we need to give up our rights under the constitution i almost died

defending. im saying that this isnt your cold war you still think we are fighting. we are

in a fight that involves an enemy that has no problem attcking our women and children

in a public place in order to accomplish their mission.

and what i have gathered is intstead of doing things they way they did, they should have

went to a judge got a warrant for every house in this two square mile area then

performed the cordon and search operation?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Spamming the 4th Amendment without including the tens of thousands, or perhaps even hundreds of thousands, of pages of limitations the Supreme Court has applied to the term "unreasonable" doesn't really help.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    INGO is a community of like minded people, and when one of these members decides to just post a rant and trash the people of the community, i think its great that so many people have posed on here to defend themselves and their positions. It seems people like the original thread poster permeate into any community and trash talk and spread this kind of crap. Maybe he is here for the classifieds and political discussions only, who knows. These "internet rambos" destroyed your position, i guess we are the ones wearing the big boy pants you would like us to "put on". The WEAKEST argument is made with name calling and trash talking. It does nothing other than to help invalidate your argument, even if you claim 2+2=4, but trash talk someone right before it, the reader is instantly turned off and you as a person are looked at as an idiot. The question of "loving your country" really hits the hardest, as YOU SIR are the one willing to compromise what this country was built on, WE ARE NOT. SO WHO IS IT THAT LOVES THIS COUNTRY? Now should i call you a hypocrite? liar? biggot? or just plain moron for not understanding what this country was founded on? Would any of that help? They all may be true, but it would do nothing other than to make you upset and not pay attention to anything I or anyone else says against your position. We can just hope that one day you will see the light. This internet rambo has spoken.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    INGO is a community of like minded people, and when one of these members decides to just post a rant and trash the people of the community, i think its great that so many people have posed on here to defend themselves and their positions. It seems people like the original thread poster permeate into any community and trash talk and spread this kind of crap. Maybe he is here for the classifieds and political discussions only, who knows. These "internet rambos" destroyed your position, i guess we are the ones wearing the big boy pants you would like us to "put on". The WEAKEST argument is made with name calling and trash talking. It does nothing other than to help invalidate your argument, even if you claim 2+2=4, but trash talk someone right before it, the reader is instantly turned off and you as a person are looked at as an idiot. The question of "loving your country" really hits the hardest, as YOU SIR are the one willing to compromise what this country was built on, WE ARE NOT. SO WHO IS IT THAT LOVES THIS COUNTRY? Now should i call you a hypocrite? liar? biggot? or just plain moron for not understanding what this country was founded on? Would any of that help? They all may be true, but it would do nothing other than to make you upset and not pay attention to anything I or anyone else says against your position. We can just hope that one day you will see the light. This internet rambo has spoken.

The space bar and enter key are your friends. Why you treat them so bad?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

While what you have posted has some direction let me add. It seems that we as a society and INGO in particular has come to the point where we can't share topics without an argument or he said she said (play the "gotcha game"). Hardly anyone can respectfully disagree. None of us are politicians that I know of so we are just talking here.

I'm just one person and there are thousands here but some of the direction INGO has been going (for a while) You will probably see a time soon where some will quit posting.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    For what it is worth, when our own government ignores the Constitution and our rights, I see them as much of a threat as I do the terrorists.

Just my :twocents:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Top Bottom