Feds Fight the Flow of Chinese Auto Sears Into the U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Fentanyl shipments from China no problem, but firearms parts are Bad?
    Sometimes I think it’s all a bad dream and I will wake up again with cheap Chinese rifles parts and ammo available again.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Fentanyl shipments from China no problem, but firearms parts are Bad?
    Sometimes I think it’s all a bad dream and I will wake up again with cheap Chinese rifles parts and ammo available again.
    Don't forget about some of the air rifles come out of China. Some good shooting products at a reasonable price.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They can't turn mass shootings into a ban of any kind, but you think they will be able to take this and do it?
    If the gangs sufficiently scare the sheeple with auto fire glocks then I would say yes. And just like when Congress was considering gun control and bumpstock bans the feckless repubs will cave…

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Conspiracy theory here - Are the Chinese flooding the US with these auto-sears with the intention of eroding our 2nd Amendment rights? I wouldnt be surprised.

Well, there were rumors that they were smuggling AKs into the west coast through their bonded warehouses.

Maybe they just want to arm the gangs to thin the herd.

It wouldn't surprise me.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    In the meantime, what is being done about securing the southern border?
    Whoa now, we can’t be cutting off the future democrat voters now can we?! And farms may have to pay citizens something more than slave wages to pick the tomatoes but it’s a price I’d be willing to pay to shut down the invasion routes down south. Next question is, how do you deport the 15+ (Probably 20-25 by now) million illegals already here?

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Conspiracy theory here - Are the Chinese flooding the US with these auto-sears with the intention of eroding our 2nd Amendment rights? I wouldnt be surprised.
    I’ve read and would agree, they are sending all sorts of things to the US to destabilize us, and it’s working extremely well. Fentanyl is working wonders for getting people doped up and causing tens of thousands of overdose deaths. Why not throw in some auto sears for the gang bangers to make the government crack down on us more as well? Send some poisoned dog food and baby formula as well. They will do whatever they can. China thinks this is their century. I just hope the world can prove them wrong.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    So it can't be without conspiracy? Not an attack, no subterfuge? Maybe the Chinese make the parts cheaply and easily and Americans will still buy them if they (the Chinese) can get them into the country. No ulterior motives, just a good-old-fashioned love of money.

It probably isn't easy to privately own a Glock in China, so it is little threat to them. And, the state owned manufacturing industry doesn't really give two diddly-squats about what Americans (private citizens or otherwise) do with the parts once they have been sold.

I believe the same goes for the Fentanyl. If someone wants to buy it outside of mainland China they'll sell it as long as the money returns to the State. If Americans are too weak, stupid and out of control to OD on the stuff, the Chinese don't care. If America is ruined by its own actions why shouldn't the Chinese take advantage of the situation?

To claim it is a malicious international plot might be a little over-thought. To believe that America is destroying itself and China is looking to make a profit and doesn't care seems easier for me to believe.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    So it can't be without conspiracy? Not an attack, no subterfuge? Maybe the Chinese make the parts cheaply and easily and Americans will still buy them if they (the Chinese) can get them into the country. No ulterior motives, just a good-old-fashioned love of money.

It probably isn't easy to privately own a Glock in China, so it is little threat to them. And, the state owned manufacturing industry doesn't really give two diddly-squats about what Americans (private citizens or otherwise) do with the parts once they have been sold.

I believe the same goes for the Fentanyl. If someone wants to buy it outside of mainland China they'll sell it as long as the money returns to the State. If Americans are too weak, stupid and out of control to OD on the stuff, the Chinese don't care. If America is ruined by its own actions why shouldn't the Chinese take advantage of the situation?

To claim it is a malicious international plot might be a little over-thought. To believe that America is destroying itself and China is looking to make a profit and doesn't care seems easier for me to believe.
    "America is destroying itself and China is looking to make a profit and doesn't care"

"a malicious international plot"

At the end of the day is there really that big of difference between the two?

On the other hand, given the current state of international affairs, if you had to pick whether you think China wants to see America destroyed, or just doesn't care whether or not America is destroyed, it would seem pretty strange to pick the second option instead of the first, IMO.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    "America is destroying itself and China is looking to make a profit and doesn't care"

"a malicious international plot"

At the end of the day is there really that big of difference between the two?

On the other hand, given the current state of international affairs, if you had to pick whether you think China wants to see America destroyed, or just doesn't care whether or not America is destroyed, it would seem pretty strange to pick the second option instead of the first, IMO.
    Sure, I think there is a HUGE difference between the two involving China's MO The outcome for America isn't all that different, but that isn't what I was commenting upon.

My viewpoint is that China wants money and international power. If America falls in the process, they don't care as long as China is still a leader on the world stage.

My reasoning, China likes American money. China likes everybody's money. China has global aspirations for wealth and influence. China likes what is good for China. China doesn't care about America's internal problems (drugs, violence, etc.) as long as China makes money and gains prestige.

Does China need to sabotage the US? They don't NEED to. We are destroying ourselves without malicious plots.

More of my opinion, America wants to find a bad actor to blame for America's decay. Unfortunately, had it not been for America's decay in the first place there wouldn't have been an opening for bad actors. Chicken or the egg if you want to go that route.

It isn't the first time that I've been called strange, so I'll stick with the second option. Other nations just don't care about America as much as we Americans would like for them too.

Reactions: KLB
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Does China need to sabotage the US? They don't NEED to. We are destroying ourselves without malicious plots.

More of my opinion, America wants to find a bad actor to blame for America's decay. Unfortunately, had it not been for America's decay in the first place there wouldn't have been an opening for bad actors. Chicken or the egg if you want to go that route.
    Well, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point. We need to clean up our act as a society right here at home before we even begin to worry about what other foreign powers may or may not be trying to do to us.

It still seems to me that based on the current state of affairs in the global arena, China's current regime likely views the US as an adversary, so I still have a hard time believing that they view us with apathy rather than malice, but I guess I'm just splitting hairs at this point...

Top Bottom