Feds Fight the Flow of Chinese Auto Sears Into the U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Would China like the weaken the US? Sure. Do they want to destroy it? I doubt they care enough for that.
    Huh, I guess I don't know that much about politics in China, but it still really surprises me to hear people with this take on it. I could see the argument that they want the US to stay around because we're a big cash cow for them. But that they just hold apathy towards our fate as a nation seems unlikely.

Compare that to our petty politicians here in the US who will attack, destabilize, bomb, go to war with, etc, so many small countries that half our citizens probably couldn't even find on a map. Then to think that Chinese leaders are just over there thinking, "Oh, America, one of the top five most powerful countries on earth right now? Meh, couldn't care less if it's destroyed or not..." That just doesn't strike me as believable.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Huh, I guess I don't know that much about politics in China, but it still really surprises me to hear people with this take on it. I could see the argument that they want the US to stay around because we're a big cash cow for them. But that they just hold apathy towards our fate as a nation seems unlikely.

Compare that to our petty politicians here in the US who will attack, destabilize, bomb, go to war with, etc, so many small countries that half our citizens probably couldn't even find on a map. Then to think that Chinese leaders are just over there thinking, "Oh, America, one of the top five most powerful countries on earth right now? Meh, couldn't care less if it's destroyed or not..." That just doesn't strike me as believable.
    How many large powerful countries are we going to war with? It's the same thing. Do want to destroy China? Russia? Weaken, sure. Destabilize, I can see it. Destruction I can't see, especially as the economies become more and more intertwined.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    How many large powerful countries are we going to war with? It's the same thing. Do want to destroy China? Russia? Weaken, sure. Destabilize, I can see it. Destruction I can't see, especially as the economies become more and more intertwined.
    I think I may have misunderstood your point originally. If you're saying that China doesn't care enough to invade/start a full scale war with us, plus they have an economic motivation to not see us completely destroyed, then, yes, I definitely agree with you.

Reactions: KLB

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    It still seems to me that based on the current state of affairs in the global arena, China's current regime likely views the US as an adversary, so I still have a hard time believing that they view us with apathy rather than malice, but I guess I'm just splitting hairs at this point...
    And I agree with you that China undoubtedly sees the US as an adversary. I believe they also see us as an animal to be bled for their benefit whenever they have the opportunity.

The important thing we agree on is that we have plenty of troubles here at home that need addressed.

It is all good brother.:yesway:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Does China need to sabotage the US? They don't NEED to. We are destroying ourselves without malicious plots.
    You really are overlooking all that China is involved with in this country that requires no conspiracy theories. If one does that then this topic seems overwrought but in the context of what they are known to be doing it is not that far to travel…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    China wants to destroy freedom, so by that measure they want to destroy the US, a beacon of freedom…
    I just don't see that. They don't want it there, but I do not see them as wanting to destroy it elsewhere. What I see them wanting is power and influence.

In fact, they probably view our freedoms as a weakness.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just don't see that. They don't want it there, but I do not see them as wanting to destroy it elsewhere. What I see them wanting is power and influence.

In fact, they probably view our freedoms as a weakness.
    How can you not see it here? They fund an organization that tells Hollywood what patches are allowed on jackets in the remake of Top Gun, to tell, what we think is our media, that they cannot call it wuhan flu. They are infesting everything here but they do not want to destroy our freedom?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    How can you not see it here? They fund an organization that tells Hollywood what patches are allowed on jackets in the remake of Top Gun, to tell, what we think is our media, that they cannot call it wuhan flu. They are infesting everything here but they do not want to destroy our freedom?

Symptoms of the real problems. How were they let in, in the first place? Why do Americans pay attention to their influence?

How is China a threat to our freedoms unless we allow them to be? Does China control our government? Does China rule our Supreme Court? Does China have influence over our Legislators?

If they do, that is the problem that needs to be dealt with first.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Symptoms of the real problems. How were they let in, in the first place? Why do Americans pay attention to their influence?

How is China a threat to our freedoms unless we allow them to be? Does China control our government? Does China rule our Supreme Court? Does China have influence over our Legislators?

If they do, that is the problem that needs to be dealt with first.
    I did not share “symptoms“, I shared about organized efforts to use their money to influence some to sell out the rest of us. I agree we must deal with the traitors that have sold us out and have given control to our enemies. They are using our freedom’s and open markets to buy our soul.

I bet you would be surprised to know the amount of money enimies of our country have influenced or contributed to anti freedom organizations like antifa…

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    You don’t think that enemies of this country and its freedoms spent money and treasure to perpetuate the things that brought this about? They have admitted using our freedom’s to weaken us…
    Did enemies spend money to influence our society? Yes.
    Have we spent money doing the exact same thing to others? Yes.
    Do I blame them for having their own aspirations that do not align with US/American ideals? No.
    Do I hold them responsible for our cultural shortfalls and degradation? No, we failed ourselves.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    They are using our freedom’s and open markets to buy our soul.

I bet you would be surprised to know the amount of money enimies of our country have influenced or contributed to anti freedom organizations like antifa…
    They are not buying our soul, we sold it to them. Subtle difference. No one can force you to sell something you aren't willing to part with.

I am not surprised by the amount of money the WEF or various Sovereign Wealth Funds have used to buy and gain influence around the world. We are in the age of the oligarchs. Kind of like it has always been, but with a new global aspect. There has always been new places to go and kingdoms to conquer. There are no "new" places or people anymore. The table is set and all the pieces are now in play. The final game has begun.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They are not buying our soul, we sold it to them. Subtle difference. No one can force you to sell something you aren't willing to part with.

I am not surprised by the amount of money the WEF or various Sovereign Wealth Funds have used to buy and gain influence around the world. We are in the age of the oligarchs. Kind of like it has always been, but with a new global aspect. There has always been new places to go and kingdoms to conquer. There are no "new" places or people anymore. The table is set and all the pieces are now in play. The final game has begun.
    Trying to make me cry? LOL. Sad state of affairs…

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    So, sounds like U.S. Customs need to open every package coming in from China. The Government could transfer about 80% of their employees there to do it. ATF included.

Top Bottom