• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coonslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    i have seen killed and ate the wild hogs here in indiana there more toward the bedford tunnelton area along the white river i have killed one with a shootgun and seen them killed with a 270 30-06. i have just came across a land lease that a guy has spotted 5 or 6 well over the 200 lb range

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    There was a documentery on last week about feral Hogs,did you catch it.They were saying that the hogs are getting a lot bigger, have been breed with a Europian hog.Never heard of any around where I live,but looked exciting.

If it was the one on the hog's down in Alabama and all they are breading with Russian Boar's..... well they are like 99.9% sure unless they know now.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    OK, is that any rules on what gun you can use to kill hogs in IN? Or whatever you have is fine. I'd use my Remy 700 30-06 with the 165 gr. Hornady ammo.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    OK, is that any rules on what gun you can use to kill hogs in IN? Or whatever you have is fine. I'd use my Remy 700 30-06 with the 165 gr. Hornady ammo.

At the moment there are no stipulations... however, I know for a fact that there will be. So blast em with whatever you have/want at the moment :rockwoot:
    -dcary7

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    my brother killed one with a spear several years back but he is a bit of a freak when it comes to that sort of thing but it would be very nice to let my .357 lever gun have a little fun normally it only gets deer during season and the occational possum/raccoon the rest is paper and tagets

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    But these wild hogs escaped from a property just west of a well known area south and east of Leesville, called the Devils Backbone.

Correct. I was always told that they were released in the "McIntyre Bottoms", which is just at the foot of the Devil's Backbone. The Devil's Backbone is located at 38*46'34.19"; 86*19'09.95"W.

I was born and have lived in Lawrence County my entire life. I work with two guys who are cousins. Both have killed around 20 each from that area. I also know of a confirmed kill in NW Washington County, as the deer hunter who took it sent me a photo of it:

Edited_Boar_Photo.jpg

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Correct. I was always told that they were released in the "McIntyre Bottoms", which is just at the foot of the Devil's Backbone. The Devil's Backbone is located at 38*46'34.19"; 86*19'09.95"W.

I was born and have lived in Lawrence County my entire life. I work with two guys who are cousins. Both have killed around 20 each from that area. I also know of a confirmed kill in NW Washington County, as the deer hunter who took it sent me a photo of it:

Edited_Boar_Photo.jpg
    That dont look like any thing we raised on the farm. Animals like this can do a lot of damage to farm land and you if they get a hold of you. I dont hunt or fish in this area of the state. If I did I think I would carry something with a lot of punch.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Man after reading this thread I really wanna go hog huntin! Im gunna have to do some research online, seems like a blast

The problem is that no one is really going to tell you where they are, in Indiana, for fear of spoiling their own fun. You'll have to go someplace where they consider the hogs a scourge, and would be happy to let you in on killing them.

I've talked to several guys who have zeroed in on them in Indiana, only to have them suddenly clam up when they realized I was serious about hunting them.

For now, I'll be going to Texas a couple times a year, where people will roll out the welcome matt for hog hunters.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    The problem is that no one is really going to tell you where they are, in Indiana, for fear of spoiling their own fun. You'll have to go someplace where they consider the hogs a scourge, and would be happy to let you in on killing them.

I've talked to several guys who have zeroed in on them in Indiana, only to have them suddenly clam up when they realized I was serious about hunting them.

For now, I'll be going to Texas a couple times a year, where people will roll out the welcome matt for hog hunters.

There is no big secret as to where they are, HELL, here is a map with GPS coordinates at the bottom of the picture.
    The real trouble is, finding a farmer, that is willing to let you hunt on his land!

wildpigs2i.png

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    There is no big secret as to where they are, HELL, here is a map with GPS coordinates at the bottom of the picture.
    The real trouble is, finding a farmer, that is willing to let you hunt on his land!

wildpigs2i.png

One note: I don't see any hogs or GPS coordinates in that picture.

My bet is that when they start doing enough damage, the farmers will open up. That might be awhile, though, unless a bunch of nuts start releasing them. That's what has happened elsewhere, and it turned into Pandora's Box.

Top Bottom