• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    These 'moms' need a new hobby... I'm actually surprised they're getting any publications to run their ads. Kroger, in general, is a high-dollar advertiser. As a general rule, most media outlets aren't going to do anything to **** off their cash cow.

Watts and company are acting like spoiled children. They can't get their way so now they want to throw a tantrum!

MDA is gearing up to run ads in newspapers nation-wide.

Kroger under fire in anti-gun ads

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netd...4/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-04-at-7.08.54-AM.png

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netd...4/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-04-at-7.14.41-AM.png

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netd...4/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-04-at-6.57.51-AM.png

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

I enjoy reading people's stupidity sometimes. Those comments can make me laugh. Especially the idea that owning a car is more restrictive than owning a firearm.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    As you know, Watts and MDA has been going around to different businesses and trying to get them to ban gun carriers. She has had some moderate success getting businesses to at least issue statements asking gun owners not to carry at their stores. Kroger has outright refused. So, MDA is doubling down on attacking Kroger.

I love how the ad shows gun owners carrying long guns and the poll asks about hand gun carry. I can tell you, I've not seen a long gun being carried in a Kroger and I've been shopping in them since '95.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Of course.
    I love the, I'd never shop where anyone has a gun, not knowing they've been doing it their whole life.
    Then there's the, I'm a gun owner but....
    That's what cracks me up, in the bang-your-head-on-the-brick-wall kind of crack up. When I'm not OCing (because, some days I just don't feel like being the attention whore), I still have a firearm. How many of those scared ninnies would crap their pink lace panties if they knew that the woman picking out fresh produce was packin'?

I don't normally shop at Kroger, but I am considering doing so for their refusal to cave to stupidity. Mostly a distance thing. But one of the two area Kroger stores is just trailer trash heaven. No, thanks. I'll drive to Mooresville.

I voted! These women are doing a disservice to real moms. My wife is a great mother an a pistol packin momma who's ready to defend her cubs and able. Idiots like Shannon watts wish to take that natural right and ability away from law abiding citizens using scare tactics, bullying, coorporate Sabotage. They and Bloomberg are domestic terrorists in my opinion. Move to canada!
    It's definitely irritating that the women in this group behave like they speak for all mothers.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Remember the days when people had to spend all day long doing things like providing for their family's needs? Now we have all this leisure time and the search for relevance to fill one's empty, meaningless day results in Shannon Watts and her ilk.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Watts is a paid mouthpiece - just doing her job. Bloomberg is where the money comes from. If she wasn't being paid, she'd move on most likely.

Meanwhile I'll keep shopping at Kroger. Never seen anyone oc'ing a long gun, never seen anyone without a shirt, never seen any skateboarders, I have seen kids eating but only because it was mom keeping them quiet.

When the money runs out, so will she.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    And most of the time what the kids are eating is something that the Mom has picked up off the shelf in the snack aisle and given to the kid. By the time they get to check out, you hope they pay for the empty package.

I do this all the time when I take my son to the store to get the months groceries... its not uncommon for me to have two or on the rare occasion three open items.... I always pay, and my default position when I see others is that they will probably pay as well.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I wonder if it would do any good if they stopped saying, "MDA is doing this or doing that"? MDA is the puppet, Bloomingidiotberg is the puppet master! By citing mda constantly it reinforces the fallacy that this is a grassroots effort instead of what it really is.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've shopped at Krogers or Jay C's most of my adult life while stateside. I've yet to see anyone wearing a long gun while grocery shopping. The whole OC long gun thing continues to be a manufactured controversy. The few who do it are doing it to prove a point, not because they routinely carry a long gun while going about their daily lives. The idiots at MDA pretend like its a daily occurrence and we should all be terrified.

screen_shot_2014-09-03_at_7.59.12_pm.png

I'm going to fight over my right to have a dragon farm inside city limits. Your stupid zoning ordinances against farm animals shouldn't apply to my dragons, because they are too majestic to be livestock. I am seeking volunteers to form a counter group who will point out that dragons will horde all of the gold and incinerate villagers if allowed inside city limits. I'll point out that a healthy dragon population keeps the titans at bay, and a few singed villagers and pilfered gold coins is nothing compared to a group of rampaging titans. We can then weep, gnash teeth, and prognosticate doom over another mythical issue.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've shopped at Krogers or Jay C's most of my adult life while stateside. I've yet to see anyone wearing a long gun while grocery shopping. The whole OC long gun thing continues to be a manufactured controversy. The few who do it are doing it to prove a point, not because they routinely carry a long gun while going about their daily lives. The idiots at MDA pretend like its a daily occurrence and we should all be terrified.

screen_shot_2014-09-03_at_7.59.12_pm.png

I'm going to fight over my right to have a dragon farm inside city limits. Your stupid zoning ordinances against farm animals shouldn't apply to my dragons, because they are too majestic to be livestock. I am seeking volunteers to form a counter group who will point out that dragons will horde all of the gold and incinerate villagers if allowed inside city limits. I'll point out that a healthy dragon population keeps the titans at bay, and a few singed villagers and pilfered gold coins is nothing compared to a group of rampaging titans. We can then weep, gnash teeth, and prognosticate doom over another mythical issue.

:laugh: BBI why do you keep posting stuff like this? The truth is just too much sometimes.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I just wrote Kroger's customer service showing my support.

To whom it may concern: I'd like to show my support for your company standing up for citizens/shoppers rights in the recent times regarding the carrying of firearms in your stores. I am Pro 2A and carry legally and concealed nearly every time I enter your store on the East side of Indianapolis. Due to the area, I feel as though it is my duty to protect myself, my family, and other shoppers. We have used your store wholly the last 5-6 years for our groceries and will continue to do so AS LONG AS YOUR POSITION ON THE MATTER DOES NOT CHANGE. Again, thank you for not giving in to emotional attacks and standing up for the rights of the American People.

Regards,
    Nick F.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I can't say that I'm thrilled that they only included handguns as a part of the Constitutional right to bear arms, but people seem to relate better to those

Jeeze. I wonder if some of these people ate paint chips as children?
    My IQ just dropped from being exposed to that level of stupidity on display :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did my part of my grocery shopping at Kroger tonight at a Payless in Lafayette.

Saw no long guns, not even in the hard liquor aisle. Just me with a 1911 and J frame.

No one was terrified . . . this is how I know I am getting older.

Top Bottom