• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't normally shop at Kroger, but I am considering doing so for their refusal to cave to stupidity. Mostly a distance thing. But one of the two area Kroger stores is just trailer trash heaven. No, thanks. I'll drive to Mooresville.
    Try the Kroger at Southport Road and Bluff. It's farily recently remodeled, very wide lanes. That's my go-to Kroger.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I was just at the speedway at the corner of 135 & Perry School Road (or whatever it is called) and there was a guy checking out OCing a G17. We started a conversation. I was not terrified, nor did the Mom and Daughter that was behind him seem to even care he had a pistol on his side. I carry mine every day I leave my house. I have for 22 years. I've never really OCed because I am of the mindset that if a bad guy walks into a store to rob it he will most likely take out the biggest threat first. If he sees my gun before I see him, I have lost my edge of him not knowing I'm armed. Having said all that I don't care if anyone carries a pistol on their side. Cops do it all the time. It is just personal preference. I'm not a big Kroger shopper but I love the fact that they have stood fast in their policy to uphold the"law of the land" in each state they operate. Thank you Kroger for standing up for my rights as well as yours. -Jason

sleepey7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    indianapolis
    I think that we all should start making thank you cards on poster board and having buncha people that are on here or support the second amendment sign it and then take it to your local krogers give it to him and see if l put it up somewhere in the stores don't like what Nick did but on a bigger scale to wear everybody that goes to Krogers can see that been supported

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've shopped at Krogers or Jay C's most of my adult life while stateside. I've yet to see anyone wearing a long gun while grocery shopping. The whole OC long gun thing continues to be a manufactured controversy. The few who do it are doing it to prove a point, not because they routinely carry a long gun while going about their daily lives. The idiots at MDA pretend like its a daily occurrence and we should all be terrified.

screen_shot_2014-09-03_at_7.59.12_pm.png

I'm going to fight over my right to have a dragon farm inside city limits. Your stupid zoning ordinances against farm animals shouldn't apply to my dragons, because they are too majestic to be livestock. I am seeking volunteers to form a counter group who will point out that dragons will horde all of the gold and incinerate villagers if allowed inside city limits. I'll point out that a healthy dragon population keeps the titans at bay, and a few singed villagers and pilfered gold coins is nothing compared to a group of rampaging titans. We can then weep, gnash teeth, and prognosticate doom over another mythical issue.

Well personally I agree with the sentiment in the poster.

If it were my Kroger store I wouldn't want some inconsiderate person walking around openly carrying an ice cream cone either!!! Think of the mess she's making as the damn thing melts and drips all over the store. Never mind the sticky spots that will be left behind or the ants and other vermin the ice cream attracts, now you have to dedicate one or two members of your meager staff to walk around and clean up after the little urchin. And lets not forget all the merchandise her sticky little hands have pawed over while in the place!!!!:xmad::xmad::ar15:

sleepey7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    indianapolis

If it were my Kroger store I wouldn't want some inconsiderate person walking around openly carrying an ice cream cone either!!! Think of the mess she's making as the damn thing melts and drips all over the store. Never mind the sticky spots that will be left behind or the ants and other vermin the ice cream attracts, now you have to dedicate one or two members of your meager staff to walk around and clean up after the little urchin. And lets not forget all the merchandise her sticky little hands have pawed over while in the place!!!!:xmad::xmad::ar15:

How do we know she walked in with the ice cream cone im thinking she stole it and is standing next to the upright citizen with the gun so they complain about Iit and not thinking shes a thef

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I do this all the time when I take my son to the store to get the months groceries... its not uncommon for me to have two or on the rare occasion three open items.... I always pay, and my default position when I see others is that they will probably pay as well.

That is my default position also. However, my uncle owned a small neighborhood butcher shop that also sold essentials. He would tell me of the many times that food items would be consumed during a customers shopping trip and not get paid for. He just chalked it up to the cost of doing business.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

If it were my Kroger store I wouldn't want some inconsiderate person walking around openly carrying an ice cream cone either!!!

Plus think of how many horror movies have creepy little girls with soulless eyes. Creepy Little White Girls In Movies

That's way scarier than some 120 lb hipster with his exposed belt buckle and "I don't own a comb, but do have lots of gel at my disposal" hair cut, regardless of weaponry.

Side note: The little girl isn't scared of the guy with a gun standing right next to her, despite his exposed belt buckle and appearance of wearing an undershirt but having forgotten to put on his outer shirt. If a little girl in a pink dress eating ice cream isn't afraid to stand next to the guy*, should you be MDA?

*Unless she is, of course, a soulless killing machine who has nothing to fear from bullets because horror movie rules are in affect.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Plus think of how many horror movies have creepy little girls with soulless eyes. Creepy Little White Girls In Movies

That's way scarier than some 120 lb hipster with his exposed belt buckle and "I don't own a comb, but do have lots of gel at my disposal" hair cut, regardless of weaponry.

Side note: The little girl isn't scared of the guy with a gun standing right next to her, despite his exposed belt buckle and appearance of wearing an undershirt but having forgotten to put on his outer shirt. If a little girl in a pink dress eating ice cream isn't afraid to stand next to the guy*, should you be MDA?

*Unless she is, of course, a soulless killing machine who has nothing to fear from bullets because horror movie rules are in affect.

I'm wiling to bet she is five years old. They aren't scared of nothin.

On a side note, I have a nephew in law that just became manager of a Kroger. So I get to debate this with him now. :)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I spotted an open carrier just today at a Jay C (Kroger affiliate) grocery store while I was shopping with my 7 year old daughter and was carrying my G19 concealed as usual. It just so happened it was our local Sherriff. :)

Top Bottom