Monroe County
    itsok-only-9mm-KristenBell-shot-13189816109.jpg

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    You listed xd9, the knock off of glocks design, but wouldn't consider the Glock 19?

Glock 19
    Used in 400's
    Large, but concealable
    Everything you need and nothing you don't.

shotgun0311

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Camby
    Smith and wesson m&p is a great gun I'm an armor for them. When I took the course I traded my glock and bought a demo gun from bradis works great and the wife love them also.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    yeah i agree with springer cz 75 is really for the price. and on the list go with the xd or m&p

any man who cant afford a real gun buys a glock

I LOVE this one :popcorn:!

The cz 75 is a good choice. What issue I have with the Glock is the location of the safety. Too many opportunities for a mistake! It is something you have to learn to use. However, it performs flawlessly and for the price is a good choice. The weight is also a good reason to consider the Glock. If you find the piece to heavy to carry you will not have it with you when you really need it. Hopefully, you NEVER need to use one!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I LOVE this one :popcorn:!

The cz 75 is a good choice. What issue I have with the Glock is the location of the safety. Too many opportunities for a mistake! It is something you have to learn to use. However, it performs flawlessly and for the price is a good choice. The weight is also a good reason to consider the Glock. If you find the piece to heavy to carry you will not have it with you when you really need it. Hopefully, you NEVER need to use one!

The only safety you need is your finger. There should never be any "mistakes"

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The only safety you need is your finger. There should never be any "mistakes"

If only we could simply decide to not have accidents. The auto insurance industry would disappear in a moment. We don't live in a perfect world. We do live in a world where people make mistakes and accidents happen.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    My vote would be for a 1911 9mm, people have used them for cc for a long time. They are the ar 15 of handguns. Very good guns, you can pick up a Rock Island for 400.00 brand new. Good luck be sure to let us know what you get.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Of possible interest.... The M&P is one of 2 pistols that I have found that my small frame wife is able to rack the slide with ease, the other being a Beretta 92 FS.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    You listed xd9, the knock off of glocks design, but wouldn't consider the Glock 19?

Yeah, except XD's won't blow up in your hand. :rolleyes: XD's also have a grip safety.

I love my XD9sc. Nary a problem after quite a few hundred rounds through it. I put a Pearce extension on the mag and it's good to go. Extremely accurate, grip safety, grip angle is right on.

I was in Plainfield Shooting Supplies yesterday and they had a used one in very nice condition with the Pearce extension already installed. I want to say it was priced just over $400 and I think they are offering 10% off all used guns.

Get a new XD and they currently have an offer were you can get 3 free mags too.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm looking to buy my first 9mm, which one is the question?

Guidelines:
    Home and personal protection
    Sometime carry (concealed)
    4" barrel range
    Blued or blacked finish
    Full size no compacts
    Under $500
    Ok with used

Questions:
    Factory demo?
    Does clip / magazine size matter?
    New or used?
    Does used / demo gun round count matter?
    Gun show, store or private seller?
    ???

I'm considering:
    PX4 Storm
    FNP
    XD9
    M&P

Not interested in a Glock

What I'd like comments from current or past owners from my list.

Currently own a 38 & a 357

I purchased an MP Pro back in June...went with the 5" barrel because that is what they had in stock, and it is my carry weapon. The adjustable backstraps (3 sizes to fit different sized hands) and the 4-5 lb trigger pull are both very nice features. I also really like the fiber optic front site on mine.

And being left handed, the MP is fully ambidextrous.

Great shooting gun, I have 3200 rounds through mine so far.

Try several out first. If you are in Lafayette area or not too far, give me a shout...you can try shooting my MP.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My vote would be for a 1911 9mm, people have used them for cc for a long time. They are the ar 15 of handguns. Very good guns, you can pick up a Rock Island for 400.00 brand new. Good luck be sure to let us know what you get.

I recently shot a RI 45 acp 1911.....lets just say I won't ever being buying a RI.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I have an XDM compact (3.8" barrel). Great for EDC and for CC, doesn't print at all when I'm CC'ing. A couple of people at my LGS have M&P's and they like them. The XDM folk at the shop also swear by them.
    All the guns you listed are great for a variety of reasons and they all have higher cap mags. Even the XDMc has a high cap extended mag that comes with it (19 rds, 13 in the flush fit mag).

+1 to whomever suggested renting all of them. That and seeing how they feel in your hand will help you decide.

Buy used if you can, but only if you know what is good condition and only if you can test fire them. Otherwise, I'd go for new. Wait for a gun show if you can. But go there knowing what you want or you may get talked into something you don't want (for this purpose any way! :D)

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think you would not be doing yourself any favors for not considering the Ruger SR9C. I picked it over the Glock 19 because of the way it fit in the hand, Glock is a great gun and so are the others in your list. I have a few hundred shot out of my SR9c and it is working better and better. The SR9c is everthing I wanted my G26 to be and more. I am not sure why the Rugers are not considered in the same catagory as some of the guns listed, They are really sweet guns!!!! Jim

Top Bottom