• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't know much about him other than he worked for Magpul and took a lot of **** for being in the Coast Guard. Most of the videos I see of him are just him having a good time... especially when he firs started posting videos of his modified lever guns.

I never heard of Costagate until this thread and that video is simply a non-issue and more proof that the shooting community as a whole likes to eat itself alive whenever possible.
    I don't know much more than you about him, but from what I understand he's actually pretty well respected in the training community. When he worked for Magpul they hired him to found their training division Magpul dynamics (now Magpul core).

I think my post with the video came off more snarky than intended.
    Never heard of him.

First impression...strikes me as a clown.
    Eh. See above. That video was shot at a large airsoft convention in Japan where he was asked to do a photo shoot. Seems cringy here in the States, but it's Japan... Here is what he says about it.
    You remember correctly. It's still cringe worthy if safe, at least here in the states. According to Costa they ate it up in Japan. Here is what he says about it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Never heard of him.

First impression...strikes me as a clown.
    Not really a fan, but he and Travis Haley revolutionized the training industry through their use of high quality videos and personality. They helped build an(small) empire for Magpul. If you haven't heard of them, you don't know much about modern training. (Now of course you may be being sarcastic in which case disregard)

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    My inbox continues to fill up with messages about this class. The "first ever" seems to be a point of contention. I read the title as it being Mr. Costa's first levergun class, but it is being received as being billed as the actual first ever levergun class.

It's generating social media buzz, and that's the market these days. I don't know Mr. Costa, but more power to him if he can make it work for him.

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    Well, after finally watching one of the full videos, there is a student who appears to reference the class as being the only such class.

Oklahoma CLEET has been running a levergun class for years and had one as recently as 2021. Gunsite has run one the past few years.

Randy Harris responded to a post I made on another platform and referenced Suarez doing one in 2009 or so. Mr. Suarez was kind enough to answer a few questions along that timeline.

Top Bottom