• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    I may have skimmed over those posts prescut but I was not really in the market for a revolver. Maybe at some point, but not currently and as for the glocks I shot a couple and did not like them as much as the p250,xdm,cz, and the 1911 that i shot. After all of the guns I have shot, I lean more towards metal frames compared to the polymer. I did not like the feel of them as much. I appreciate your comment and in the future I do plan to get my hands on a revolver.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    you know pat102ko, I almost edited out the word "ignored" and replaced it with something else. It is too harsh, as words go, to convey my feeling. I did not find your comments or choices anything but reasonable and prudent. My true feelings were probably closer to challenging the wheel gunners to speak up and let their choices be known. They have a lot to say. My favorite part of any gun show is getting to talk to so many characters, particularly the old wheel gunners.. Some of them even have character. Some not so much, but they all are interesting. Glocks, M and P, XD... have so dominated the discussion for the last few years as to crowd out much of the art from by gone days.
    That feel you mentioned when you have a great gun in your hand is pretty hard to describe. Everybody sees something different in their hand when they close their eyes and imagine that great feel of a grip that fits all the way into your palm. It has finger grooves for me that are like a fine glove. The balance is just right with a little weight at the end to hold down the barrel for the follow up shot. The trigger is not too far forward and has no slack to take up before engaging the resistance. My finger moves easily from straight forward point to inside the guard easily and begins the double action pull. Smooth and cleanly moving rearward, ever rearward, so gracefully and consistent. The trigger finger seems to move completely separate from the hand. And then it happens, the hammer falls and the boom completes the endless cycle of time.
    Sorry , I got lost there. It happens a lot.

Lost

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Seriously?

I'm curious as to the cause of your surprise. I loved the action and I can actually fit the thing in my overly-long-fingered paws with the right grip panels/backstrap on it. On too many handguns my finger over shoots the trigger to the first joint or beyond. I've discovered that compensating for this has actually given me a few bad habits for gripping a handgun. Thanks to someone walking me through a few basics I can see why my shots were a bit strange.

Top Bottom