Westfield, IN
    tumblr_lpy1y0aALP1qii6tmo1_250.gif

jmills

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2015
    Marshall co
    I posted this earlier, but I'll drop it here as well. Food for thought. So asume you are this guy (please assume he didnt forget his gun for this exercise). You start the encounter with a knife to your throat. You reach for your pistol with your strong hand as your weak hand neutralizes the threat by pinning the assailant's knife hand against the roof of your car. I just counted two hands there... where is that third hand to cycle your slide to put a round in the pipe so you can fire the gun? Congrats you dont have a gun, you have a bludgeon in this situation. Good luck beating him to death while you try to keep him from stabbing you!

Knife at my throat, I'm not so sure I would reach for my gun. I would fight to remove knife from my throat gain space and draw.

jmills

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2015
    Marshall co
    Finally read this entire post. Does anyone have a video of how to chamber a gun with one hand? Or can it really be done? Oh please be nice. I don't want to be run off.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You can rack the slide off your belt or holster provided you have a decent gun belt and rear sight.

[video=youtube_share;mHEZrbv3fvs]http://youtu.be/mHEZrbv3fvs[/video]

catalyst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Fishers
    You can rack the slide off your belt or holster provided you have a decent gun belt and rear sight.

[video=youtube_share;mHEZrbv3fvs]http://youtu.be/mHEZrbv3fvs[/video]

Doesn't look like something you'd want to do in a high-pressure situation. But then, I'm not the most graceful person that ever lived.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Doesn't look like something you'd want to do in a high-pressure situation. But then, I'm not the most graceful person that ever lived.

That's why learning how to draw, present, and operate your gun with just your right hand and just your left hand is a good idea before you actually need to do it for real. There might even exist a 4 hour class wherein you spend your time learning these skills.

Top Bottom