• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I do not want to be forced to speak Spanish. I resent having to press 1 for English when I make a phone call. The liberals and their failed experiements in multi-culturalism have brought many countries in Europe to their knees in many ways for their own misguided and selfish reasons. For some of them, the recognition of results of these failed liberal experiments have come too late and it is only a matter of time before certain countries will lose their identities and be changed forever never to recover. Our elected officials in their quests for power for their particular political party have allowed the very same experiments to be on-going in this country. If someone wants to live here and work here and make a better life for themselves and their families, they really need to quit expecting the citizenry to cater to them by learning their language. They can retain their native cultures, but they also need to learn English and be willing to be assimilated up to a certain point so that they can function without demanding that the citizens accommodate them to the max.

No one seems to want to bring up the lifeboat analogy either. A lifeboat is built with a certain ability to keep a certain number of people out of the water. This capacity can be exceeded a little, but if exceeded by too many trying to get out of the water, it will founder and sink. At that point, everyone drowns, dies of hypothermia or gets eaten by the sharks. There was also a time when if someone had a deadly and highly communicable disease, it was considered to be a health issue and was handled accordingly. Nowadays, the same things seem to be considered as civil rights issues where the sick person is allowed to move about as he pleases no matter how he is spreading the disease to others. Our country has changed dramatically already. Do we really want to keep going down this same road?

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I do not want to be forced to speak Spanish. I resent having to press 1 for English when I make a phone call. The liberals and their failed experiements in multi-culturalism have brought many countries in Europe to their knees in many ways for their own misguided and selfish reasons.

I agree with the "Press 1 for English" however the world IS multi-cultural. There's no denying that other cultures have different beliefs, ideals, and languages. The US was FOUNDED by people of different nationalities, I know I'm a cultural mutt in terms of where my ancestors came from.

What brought Europe to its' knees is another topic.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What if it said "Press 1 for Spanish" instead? I get his point, and agree with him to a certain extent.

You have a problem with not getting a live person or a business wanting to make sure that its ESL customers can be given the same service as its English-speaking customers?

I don't like the former, but it boggles my mind why someone would be upset at the latter.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    what happened to the AMERICAN CULTURE? why are we forcing ourselves to be "multi-cultural"?

thhis just another way to destroy this country from the inside, divide by language barrier, then culture. How many hispanics in the SW of the USA put ol Mehico first?

Jamaicans and Cubans in Florida? "Militant blacks" that profess to be a "stolen son" of Africa when alot of them cant even find it on the globe? This isnt limited to just these groups as ALL groups do it in one fashion or another so please spare me the "you're a racist bigot" crap.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    what happened to the AMERICAN CULTURE? why are we forcing ourselves to be "multi-cultural"?

thhis just another way to destroy this country from the inside, divide by language barrier, then culture. How many hispanics in the SW of the USA put ol Mehico first?

Jamaicans and Cubans in Florida? "Militant blacks" that profess to be a "stolen son" of Africa when alot of them cant even find it on the globe? This isnt limited to just these groups as ALL groups do it in one fashion or another so please spare me the "you're a racist bigot" crap.

Uh, I think almost by default, American culture IS multi-cultural. Unless you care to elaborate on what you're talking about.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Uh, I think almost by default, American culture IS multi-cultural. Unless you care to elaborate on what you're talking about.

while thi smay be true to a point, we have stopped demanding that immigrants adhere or adopt the mainstream American culture of hot dogs, hamburgers and apple pie. instead, we bend over backwards to make sure we sacrifice our mores to accommodate everyone else.

new world order baby!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    while thi smay be true to a point, we have stopped demanding that immigrants adhere or adopt the mainstream American culture of hot dogs, hamburgers and apple pie. instead, we bend over backwards to make sure we sacrifice our mores to accommodate everyone else.

new world order baby!

Well, considering the fact that a lot of foreign people think eating cows and pigs are sacrilegious how should we convince them to eat one?

I understand your point, but when I was in the Chicago area over Easter we were out at a mall and NOBODY was speaking English. I must have heard 5-6 different languages over the course of an hour. These people ALSO spoke English, but it wasn't their native language.

Face it, our world is smaller.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Well, considering the fact that a lot of foreign people think eating cows and pigs are sacrilegious how should we convince them to eat one?

I understand your point, but when I was in the Chicago area over Easter we were out at a mall and NOBODY was speaking English. I must have heard 5-6 different languages over the course of an hour. These people ALSO spoke English, but it wasn't their native language.

Face it, our world is smaller.

And we only exacerbate the problem by NOT demanding business be conducted in English. Instead we pander to those who will not assimilate to OUR national standard in OUR nation.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    As mentioned, there isn't one. English, while the common tongue, is not legally designated an official language.

Also, as mentioned, it's a requirement for the new recruiting class. It isn't an affront to freedom, it's important for public service personnel to be able to effectively communicate with the public it serves. With native Spanish-speakers being the most rapidly increasing demographic in the United States, this isn't going to get any less important.

A belief that everyone should just speak English is outdated and asinine. Being multilingual is a great skill to have in the modern world, specifically if the second language is Spanish or Mandarin.

My only problem is that I think we need to have an official language(s) in order to make things more efficient. At this point, I think it should be English and Spanish.

In Virginia, they offer the driver's license exam in dozen plus languages. If you speak one that they don't offer, then you can bring an interpreter. Which sounds fair, but all the road signs, warnings and marquees are in English. Plus a person who used a translator is not required to have the translator with them at all times when driving.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    So tired of all this. If you are white (particularly male) and proud of your heritage as an American, you are a racist or xenophobe. From Mexico or the middle east or anything but the USA and you are proud of your heritage and promoting diversity.
    Eva Longoria was in the news last week promoting "Latina Power". If I were to even mention white power, we all know how that would work out. Homosexual, well you are promoting diversity and tolerance. Proud to be straight? You homophobic and there is no place for you in society.
    End rant. Nobody cares about the white males opinion anymore. I am going the direction of leaded gasoline.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    So tired of all this. If you are white (particularly male) and proud of your heritage as an American, you are a racist or xenophobe. From Mexico or the middle east or anything but the USA and you are proud of your heritage and promoting diversity.
    Eva Longoria was in the news last week promoting "Latina Power". If I were to even mention white power, we all know how that would work out. Homosexual, well you are promoting diversity and tolerance. Proud to be straight? You homophobic and there is no place for you in society.
    End rant. Nobody cares about the white males opinion anymore. I am going the direction of leaded gasoline.

spot on!

wish i could give you rep but it says i have spread my glory to others.....

as a white male, you cant even begin to hold a conversation on race unless you are kow-towing and saying how evil whites are/have been. same thing for hetero. it doesnt matter that my mom is from Mexico and CAME HERE LEGALLY or that my wife is from S. Korea and CAME HERE LEGALLY, if i say anything towards any other race, i am a bigot, racist and white power, red neck (proud to be a red neck btw) hick with a gap tooth drool laden grin....

Top Bottom