• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The problem I see at youth events….. and giveaways and such geared towards getting youth involved. It NORMALLY (not always) is youth that are already involved and have parent involved in __________. (Shooting sports, hunting, gun safety etc) Not saying it is a bad thing at all but the goal being spreading out the firearm knowledge is kind of lost.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    The problem I see at youth events….. and giveaways and such geared towards getting youth involved. It NORMALLY (not always) is youth that are already involved and have parent involved in __________. (Shooting sports, hunting, gun safety etc) Not saying it is a bad thing at all but the goal being spreading out the firearm knowledge is kind of lost.
    Well the thought I had was something like, I'm sure there are several firearms instructors on INGO that would be willing to donate their time to teaching a class. and have it some place in central Indiana. A place we could rent for the day. Maybe reach out to the public thru social media to get some kids not really related to someone on INGO. Was the thought that popped in my head when I made the post.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Congrats to Raelynn and Daddy as well.
    Thanks Mgderf for doing this, and I think Dadsmith has a great idea.
    We could make this a yearly tradition, and I would be happy to volunteer my time to help work out the details.
    Damn fine idea. I'm in for chipping in towards a firearm.
    In fact this has inspired me. As a VFW Commander.
    I think we're (VFW Post 1279 in Rensselaer) gonna buy an inexpensive .22 then donate it to a kid in our area for Christmas.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well the thought I had was something like, I'm sure there are several firearms instructors on INGO that would be willing to donate their time to teaching a class. and have it some place in central Indiana. A place we could rent for the day. Maybe reach out to the public thru social media to get some kids not really related to someone on INGO. Was the thought that popped in my head when I made the post.
    I agree. Without getting political, firearms have a bit of a stigma. And I think it makes it difficult to reach outside the normal groups. I’m not an expert this is just purely anecdotal. And I do my best to promote through the various groups I am involved in.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I agree. Without getting political, firearms have a bit of a stigma. And I think it makes it difficult to reach outside the normal groups. I’m not an expert this is just purely anecdotal. And I do my best to promote through the various groups I am involved in.
    True... and the most difficult part of spreading awareness/fondness for firearms or the support of the 2A in general.

Too many (almost all) social media outlets would not want to to have anything to do with promoting the increase of firearms enthusiasts... when they have been working so hard to vilify them. It's pretty much an interest that has to be handed down within the family / community.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    True... and the most difficult part of spreading awareness/fondness for firearms or the support of the 2A in general.

Too many (almost all) social media outlets would not want to to have anything to do with promoting the increase of firearms enthusiasts... when they have been working so hard to vilify them. It's pretty much an interest that has to be handed down within the family / community.
    I do agree it would be difficult and also something handed down. But this is something I have had thoughts about before when it comes to gun violence. Education is a great start to fight against something. It was a just a random thought I had when I made my post. But if anyone wants to brainstorm about getting something like this started. I am game.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I do agree it would be difficult and also something handed down. But this is something I have had thoughts about before when it comes to gun violence. Education is a great start to fight against something. It was a just a random thought I had when I made my post. But if anyone wants to brainstorm about getting something like this started. I am game.
    FIFY
    It's just "violence".
    The tool used by the evil person is of no consequence to anyone but the liberal media.
    Let's not help them.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is it forum kosher, and legal to do something like this? Maybe take donations at a donation site, and buy a rifle for children, or several if there is enough donated.

Or have a give away every time there is enough donations to buy a rifle. Doesn't have to be a specific time that way.

Just tossing ideas out.
    Maybe we could ask Guy Relford, or one of the other Ingo legal eagles for some pointers.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Revere's Riders does exactly what you are all talking about. They provide basic rifle and pistol instruction for anybody who is safe on the firing line ... age is not the deciding factor, just safety. At least once a year, they conduct a 2-day basic rifle class for Scouts. More youth events could be offered if there were more Instructors.

You want to start teaching our youth how to be safe around firearms, then just volunteer to help RR.

Speaking from personal experience, you will learn as much, if not more than those you instruct.

As far as give aways, that is also a posibility with the RR program. Bring in the goodies, and they'll give them away.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just met up with Daddyusmaximus and passed on the Ted Williams rifle.
    Raelynn also got a 500 round brick of Winchester white box, and a brand new case generously donated by @nipprdog.
    20231129_122025.jpg
    He actually donated this case for the last Cricket giveaway, but we held it back.
    Last time I gave away 2 Crickets and someone donated 2 Cricket rifle cases to go with them.
    Nipprdog was o.k. with me holding onto this until now.
    Daddyusmaximus has agreed to post a picture of Raelynn with the first squirrel she takes with it, but it may be a while.
    Looking forward to the Pic

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Just met up with Daddyusmaximus and passed on the Ted Williams rifle.
    Raelynn also got a 500 round brick of Winchester white box, and a brand new case generously donated by @nipperdog.
    View attachment 315244
    He actually donated this case for the last Cricket giveaway, but we held it back.
    Last time I gave away 2 Crickets and someone donated 2 Cricket rifle cases to go with them.
    Nipperdog was o.k. with me holding onto this until now.
    Daddyusmaximus has agreed to post a picture of Raelynn with the first squirrel she takes with it, but it may be a while.
    Looking forward to the Pic
    This is a really great thing you are doing.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    FINALLY got the family all together for "Christmas" today.
    Even though it wasn't one of her Christmas presents, we thought the tree would make a good backdrop.

Raelyn, and I with the free bullet launcher.
    Thankful doesn't begin to cover it.

View attachment 322767
    That grin makes it worth it.

Thanks for posting

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks, but look at HER grin... lol.

She didn't know this was coming.
    When I was telling her about some internet Santa who liked to make sure kids learn how to shoot, then that she had won...
    Her face lit up so bright it made the Christmas tree look like a black hole.
    That's the grin I was talking about.
    Outstanding, and exactly the response I'd hoped for.

Top Bottom