• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm guessing this guy's leg was lost to an IED in Iraq. He'll get some free beer and maybe pickup a girl or two with that story.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    How could this have happened? He had his Timmy Tactical vest on while wielding the black weapon of death so he should have been immune!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    IIRC it is 100 yards/meters per half-pound portion...that guy apparently packed three pounds into the disabled yard tractor. The recommended stand-off distance would be six hundred yards...or just over a third of a mile.
    y'aint one of them fellers that reads directions are ya? I hate that sort of thing. Sort of like letting the man hold you down.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The Government needs to mandate a broken down lawnmower buy back program.

BTW, I've never messed with Tannerite. But doesn't it say 100 yards min distance?
    Didn't somebody on this forum take down a tree and get a bunch of crap blown back to their homeside shooting position?
    (no injuries there but illustrated to me the risk, a chunk o something coulda still nailed somebody at whatever distance that shot was taken).

Lawnmower............chunks of metal. A rivetted friggin' anti personnel device when packed with tannerite.
    Freakin' genuises.

Hopefully some testicles were lost in that display of intellect.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Didn't somebody on this forum take down a tree and get a bunch of crap blown back to their homeside shooting position?
    (no injuries there but illustrated to me the risk, a chunk o something coulda still nailed somebody at whatever distance that shot was taken).
    I recall that as well. Some broken windows, too.

Mythbusters was serious when they said "don't try this at home!"

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    We put a half pound in a plastic coffee can and packed chalk around it to reveal our neighbors baby's gender. We didn't know what to use initially as we hadn't thought of plastic coffe can. Wife suggested a metal one laying in recycling. I said 'no. That creates shrapnel. It was common sense. That half pound btw. Holy crap!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We put a half pound in a plastic coffee can and packed chalk around it to reveal our neighbors baby's gender. We didn't know what to use initially as we hadn't thought of plastic coffe can. Wife suggested a metal one laying in recycling. I said 'no. That creates shrapnel. It was common sense. That half pound btw. Holy crap!

Wait, what?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Smart man. Tannerite can be great fun, but there are too many Youtube videos of guys (yes guys) using it to blow things up made of metal. I've seen a video or two where the shooter is at least 100 yards back, but shrapnel is flying very close. The only times I ever threw live grenades was over a thick concrete wall that I then dropped behind....there was a reason for that.

"What are the chances?" Not great, but once is enough. The fact this guy was 15 yards out was double dumb, but don't think you're OK if you're a hundred yards out. Packing the washing machine, Kia or mower full of Tannerite with the whole reason of seeing all that metal being blown apart and then not considering that the metal you are blowing apart has to land somewhere.......c'mon.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Smart man. Tannerite can be great fun, but there are too many Youtube videos of guys (yes guys) using it to blow things up made of metal. I've seen a video or two where the shooter is at least 100 yards back, but shrapnel is flying very close. The only times I ever threw live grenades was over a thick concrete wall that I then dropped behind....there was a reason for that.

"What are the chances?" No great, but once is enough. The fact this guy was 15 yards out was double dumb, but don't think you're OK if you're a hundred yards out. Packing the washing machine, Kia or mower full of Tannerite with the whole reason of seeing all that metal being blown apart and then not considering that the metal you are blowing apart has to land somewhere.......c'mon.

Well shoot, I guess I better take the nails out of my next demonstration bucket...

Top Bottom