• gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    Keep it open.
    Your getting REALLY far with the "price drop of ammo"

:rockwoot: You guys rock. I still love :ingo: and ill still shop/work at gander.

If anyone happens to come in, and you tell me your a ingo member, ill give ted nugent a personal phone call and have him come assist you.

:popcorn:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    my comment
    I think you as a company should be ashamed at what you are charging for ammo.... we all know that its in short supply at the moment but other stores are still charging normal retail for it WHEN they have it... however your stores are taking advantage of the shortage so you can make a buck... i will refrain from purchasing anything from your store because of this and i will urge all of my friends and family to do the same.

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    my comment
    I think you as a company should be ashamed at what you are charging for ammo.... we all know that its in short supply at the moment but other stores are still charging normal retail for it WHEN they have it... however your stores are taking advantage of the shortage so you can make a buck... i will refrain from purchasing anything from your store because of this and i will urge all of my friends and family to do the same.
    That is fine man and I can respect that.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Here's some prices on Cabella's 9mm ammo. Now, Cabellas isn't exactly known for having the lowest prices around, so if Gander Mountain HAS to raise their prices, I reckon Cabellas has to. Let's see:

Federal American Eagle 147 gr FMJ, per 50 --> $12.99, ship in 2-3 weeks
    Fiochi Extrema w/115 gr XTP hollowpoints, per 50 --> $22.99, ship in 1-2 weeks
    Federal 124 & 147 gr Hydrashok JHPs, per 20 --> $19.99 ship in 1-2 weeks
    Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ per 50 --> $14.99
    Magtech 115 gr FMJ, per 50 --> $13.99 in stock, ship immediately
    Remington 124 & 147 gr Golden Saber, per 25 --> $25.99, ship in 1-2 weeks
    Speer Gold Dot 115 gr JHP, per 20 --> $20.99 ship in 1-2 weeks
    Speer Gold Dot 147 gr JHP, per 20 --> $19.99 ship in 1-2 weeks
    Winchester PDX1 124 gr +P & 147 gr JHP, per 20 --> $18.99 ship in 1-2 weeks

That's a pretty good selection of ammo, better than what I saw at Gander Mountain, available anywhere from now to no more than two weeks, and somehow not costing anywhere near what Gander Mountain has "had" to raise their prices too. Sure, prices have gone up, but not that much. Something to keep in mind about what stores think about their customers, I think.

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Here's some prices on Cabella's 9mm ammo. Now, Cabellas isn't exactly known for having the lowest prices around, so if Gander Mountain HAS to raise their prices, I reckon Cabellas has to. Let's see:

Federal American Eagle 147 gr FMJ, per 50 --> $12.99, ship in 2-3 weeks
    Fiochi Extrema w/115 gr XTP hollowpoints, per 50 --> $22.99, ship in 1-2 weeks
    Federal 124 & 147 gr Hydrashok JHPs, per 20 --> $19.99 ship in 1-2 weeks
    Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ per 50 --> $14.99
    Magtech 115 gr FMJ, per 50 --> $13.99 in stock, ship immediately
    Remington 124 & 147 gr Golden Saber, per 25 --> $25.99, ship in 1-2 weeks
    Speer Gold Dot 115 gr JHP, per 20 --> $20.99 ship in 1-2 weeks
    Speer Gold Dot 147 gr JHP, per 20 --> $19.99 ship in 1-2 weeks
    Winchester PDX1 124 gr +P & 147 gr JHP, per 20 --> $18.99 ship in 1-2 weeks

That's a pretty good selection of ammo, better than what I saw at Gander Mountain, available anywhere from now to no more than two weeks, and somehow not costing anywhere near what Gander Mountain has "had" to raise their prices too. Sure, prices have gone up, but not that much. Something to keep in mind about what stores think about their customers, I think.
    THEN GO SHOP AT CABELAS AND SPEND THE GAS MONEY TO DRIVE THERE.

Just stop dragging this out. If you dont like it dont shop there. I dont know what else to tell you. Other people dont complain. Others do. For everyone of you who does someone else will come in and buy it and are just happy to find some. There are plus and negitives. If you want to look at the negitives more than the positives thats fine. If you want to think there are no positives that is also fine. If you never shop at Gander again thats fine. The sad thing is you are probally 10 years older than I am and spend your time ****ing arguing online. Get a life man.

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Gas money? Hell if you place a large enough order you get free shipping!
    Then do it! No one placed a gun to your head and forces you to go to Gander. Why are you such a bunch of babies? Seriously im sure your all adults. If you knew half of what you say you do you wouldnt be on this f***** message board all the god d*** time you would be out shooting your guns instead of typing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Maybe you should all just load your own ammo. Just a thought. Its cheaper by far. Buy bulk primers and powder and supplies and load your own rounds.

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Why do Gander Mountain's employees keep trying to end this thread? Don't they want folks to know the truth about their prices, practices, and the attitudes their employees have toward's their customers?

I think this thread is providing more valuable information with every post you and your buddies make. It really should stay open.

Why is it that one person comes on here and starts trouble then wants to lock the thread? Empire wants us to believe that GM is paying top dollar for ammo from the supplier, but when you can find it any other place it's way less than half of what GM is charging. The survey is being sent to corporate about ammo prices and according to empire he has nothing to do with setting the price, so he has no dog in this fight!!!!!!!

Fire

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My little note:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I write to you today to express my displeasure. I am absolutely SHOCKED to see what you are charging for ammunition. Almost every other "privately owned" gun shop in town is selling the exact same ammunition for roughly HALF of what you are selling it for. Please do not say that your costs have gone up; for if YOUR costs have gone up, then everyone else's prices would be in line with yours. This is not the case.

I am also displeased at the laughable prices you charge for firearms. I've seen USED handguns in your cases that are marked at roughly MSRP. USED Glock pistols for $500? Are you serious? I've even seen a USED pistol marked HIGHER than a NEW one of the same make/model. More than once. It's ridiculous.

I urge you to scour firearms-related internet forums (Like Glocktalk.com, ingunowners.com, TheFiringLine.com, and TheHighRoad.us) Do a search for Gander Mountain threads. See what is being said about your company's pricing policies.

I have spent SEVERAL hundred dollars at your Greenwood, IN and Castleton, IN stores over the last 4 to 5 years.

I have also spent much time DEFENDING Gander Mountain; as I have indeed found several "deals" on firearms at both of the stores that I frequent.

Make that "used to frequent".

Until your prices come back in line with the rest of the real world, I will not shop at Gander Mountain.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Indy_Guy_77
    Indianapolis, IN

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok guys, let's keep this at a CIVIL discussion. Name-calling and attacks on people's character don't belong in civil discussions. Everyone take a step back from the keyboard and breathe.

My personal opinion is that the employees of GM shouldn't take this thread personally. No one is upset with you personally. I understand that you guys are probably tired of it yourselves, and you get it from both sides at work.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My little note:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I write to you today to express my displeasure. I am absolutely SHOCKED to see what you are charging for ammunition. Almost every other "privately owned" gun shop in town is selling the exact same ammunition for roughly HALF of what you are selling it for. Please do not say that your costs have gone up; for if YOUR costs have gone up, then everyone else's prices would be in line with yours. This is not the case.

I am also displeased at the laughable prices you charge for firearms. I've seen USED handguns in your cases that are marked at roughly MSRP. USED Glock pistols for $500? Are you serious? I've even seen a USED pistol marked HIGHER than a NEW one of the same make/model. More than once. It's ridiculous.

I urge you to scour firearms-related internet forums (Like Glocktalk.com, ingunowners.com, TheFiringLine.com, and TheHighRoad.us) Do a search for Gander Mountain threads. See what is being said about your company's pricing policies.

I have spent SEVERAL hundred dollars at your Greenwood, IN and Castleton, IN stores over the last 4 to 5 years.

I have also spent much time DEFENDING Gander Mountain; as I have indeed found several "deals" on firearms at both of the stores that I frequent.

Make that "used to frequent".

Until your prices come back in line with the rest of the real world, I will not shop at Gander Mountain.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Indy_Guy_77
    Indianapolis, IN
    :+1:

They have used guns in there for more than I can order them from Dick's for. I sent my survey in as well.

I used to like going in there seems to have a whole different vibe now.

GM won't feel the sting of what they've done till after this storm blows over and all the people that ignorantly bought guns and ammo at crazy prices (because this is the first time they've been in the market) will hopefully gain some market knowledge and stop supporting these price gougers. :twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Gander Mountain has always had the highest prices on everything, not just ammo or guns. I still like to shop there, but it's rare that I buy anything costing more than a couple of bucks because I know for a fact that I can get it elsewhere cheaper.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Then do it! No one placed a gun to your head and forces you to go to Gander. Why are you such a bunch of babies? Seriously im sure your all adults. If you knew half of what you say you do you wouldnt be on this f***** message board all the god d*** time you would be out shooting your guns instead of typing.

listen man i dont know what your problem is... you seem to be trying to pick a fight with anyone that has anything bad to say about gander.... its not a bad place, its just that we as a shooting community are used to what they USED to offer and now that they are not offering it we are upset... if someone complains about customer service while there its not a knock on YOU.... times are really busy and you may not have the staffing to provide the best customer service... your fault? no... so i dont see why you are getting so upset in this thread... if the government all of the sudden put a huge tax on AR's making them cost 3000 dollars a piece we would be upset just the same, but if you were a government employee would you be here telling us to just go LIVE in a differant country if we dont like the way things are here?

pokey308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    New Palestine, IN
    Before everyone blows a o-ring. Has anyone thought about the fact its marked up do to the convenience factor. I say this cause I work at a national dollar store and when it comes to some of our products we are outrageously high due to convenience. Not I'm not saying GM prices aren't high, I know they are when it comes to guns Dick's normally gets my sale. But when it comes to the odd ball ammo I need yeah I'll suck it up and go to GM cause I dont feel like waiting till I turn 65 to order it when I need it on the way to the range. But I commend all the employees backing their place on employment.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    He's just saying that you should shop elsewhere. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Nobody has commented on convenience. It's nice to be able to go buy a box of ammo, regardless of the caliber, without having to wait 1 - 3 weeks before it ships. Not everyone is hoarding right now. Some people do actually buy 100 rounds and shoot all 100 rounds.

I will stop shopping at gander when they tell me $1 of each box goes to the presidential fund. Not when raise their prices because of shortages. It shouldn't matter unless you are trying to buy 1000's of rounds, which you should have done a long time ago.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I just find it interesting to contrast Empire's and gdun67's responses, tone and language with those of ANY of the other INGO members who work in ANY of the other gun shops in the area, in ANY of the shop-related threads here. :dunno:

You're not helping your cause, guys.

gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    I just find it interesting to contrast Empire's and gdun67's responses, tone and language with those of ANY of the other INGO members who work in ANY of the other gun shops in the area, in ANY of the shop-related threads here. :dunno:

You're not helping your cause, guys.

Shooter go back and reread all of my posts. I got offensive because somebody was complaining about the service.
    1) off topic
    2) thats a slander towards myself
    3) It was in a totally different store, but still slander me?
    4) By no means can i help the ammo prices, so coming into gander and complaining to ME about ammo prices is pointless.

By no means was i trying to run anybody off, hell i love seeing INGO people at the store. I just thought it was dumb, that some onlooker had to post his :twocents: and had no idea what he was talking about.

gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    Go look up when this noobie was talking **** about 21st centuary firearms. I beleive everyone who works there got offended as well. Im just saying this "arguement" went off topic, and got stupid.
    I would love to be civil, and try to help the lowering of the ammo prices, but dont run your mouth about customer service. If you had a bad experience, im sorry to hear that.

Top Bottom