• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    I feel it’s important to not only own a firearm but also train and be proficient with said firearm and equipment. I try to work on movement, reloads, incorporate stress training with timers or by doing sprints, etc. The one thing I haven’t been able to find is a place to shoot with NVGs and that’s been frustrating. Any place around or any others that enjoy some night time shooting?

Attachments

• 942403A8-F50C-4616-B0FE-62A1DD866D7A.jpeg
      942403A8-F50C-4616-B0FE-62A1DD866D7A.jpeg
      715.9 KB · Views: 49

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Lack of a place to train with NVD's was a large part of why I sold my PVS-14. I could only run around my yard, in the middle of the night, dry firing, for so long before my NODs languished in the closet. :dunno: I wish you luck...

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    I mainly shoot mine in my backyard. Could do so at work, in the Winter for a couple hours a night, if I wanted to.

HazelDell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Carmel
    What is the price point on NV these days. I think it would be awesome just to have and be able to see things at night. Are there any entry level options. Wouldn’t use for shooting purposes

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    What is the price point on NV these days. I think it would be awesome just to have and be able to see things at night. Are there any entry level options. Wouldn’t use for shooting purposes
    $2.5k is probably the cost for a complete monocular setup. This would be a used pvs14, j arm, norotos mount, and bump.

You can easily get into the $10k price range with dual tube night vision, better mounts, etc. especially depending on the tube type….

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Hoosier national forest is a good spot. There are several spots I’ve been meaning to check out just east of Bloomington. My guess is closer to dusk would be the best time out there. I don’t have NVG’s but I’ve been meaning to do some night time shooting.

Aside from there you best bet is making friends with someone will land towards Kokomo or Peru.

If you’re free, you are welcome to join me to trek down there.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2016
    Boffa
    Looking into Ballistic helmets and I'm thinking going the Ops Core route. Just wondering if anyone has any sites they've used that have lower prices than the MSRP and are reliable?

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Have really been considering piking up a set of PVS7s or "maybe" a 14. I am sure there are good deals to be had now that the tech is ancient.
    Get the 14 over the 7s. There’s many more advantages over the monocular that the 7’s don’t have.

You won’t be able to aim with an optic with the 7’s since the view Point would be from the middle of your face. You would have to fire with your IR laser. Additionally the PVS-7 aren’t Binoculars so you will have weird depth perception.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Definitely get a 14 over the 7. The 7 won't save you that much money. The 14 will allow some flexibility in mounting. And down the road a second can be purchased with a bridge giving a dual tube.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Looking into Ballistic helmets and I'm thinking going the Ops Core route. Just wondering if anyone has any sites they've used that have lower prices than the MSRP and are reliable?

If you want the SF and don't mind the wait buy from Gentex discount code CLASKY 20%off.

If your fine with the XP arms unlimited has it for around 1k.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2016
    Boffa
    If you want the SF and don't mind the wait buy from Gentex discount code CLASKY 20%off.

If your fine with the XP arms unlimited has it for around 1k.
    You're a Saint. I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm not particularly leaning any which way, just something high cut enough to fit my Sordins in

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    Get the 14 over the 7s. There’s many more advantages over the monocular that the 7’s don’t have.

You won’t be able to aim with an optic with the 7’s since the view Point would be from the middle of your face. You would have to fire with your IR laser. Additionally the PVS-7 aren’t Binoculars so you will have weird depth perception.
    I didn't think they were that bad. I did better with the 7s than I did with the 14, but then it was a different environment.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    If youre a size medium, gearcentralsupply has the SF discounted pretty good. Gentex website also has the original MT in medium discount to about $900. Other than that, good luck finding any discounts. Keep in mind its very rare that anyone has anything in stock. "clasky" coupon code works for 20% off the opscore website but youll have to deal with the long backorder.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    A quick breakdown of the different types of NVG tech and how average folks get into it. Or some links or videos to watch? I’m thinking about getting into it and haven’t dug into any research yet.

Just thought it’d be cool to get a discussion going on it.
    Look up NITEWALKER on YouTube he has great videos and reviews on nightvision. Also on YouTube is SilentSolutions he works for TNVC and gets into the more technical side of night vision.

Top Bottom