• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I found this review of the Sionix Opsin today by InRange. I thought it interesting, and the first non-tube NV equipment that could gain my interest on a durability / capability basis. I am cheap, and traditional tube systems are just out of the question.

Reactions: Hop

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've had a lot of fun night walking / hiking with my Sionyx Pro & it's not as good as this new one.
    Maybe I should sell my Pro & mount and step on up to this thing.

Devilpig

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2018
    Northeast Indy
    I've had a lot of fun night walking / hiking with my Sionyx Pro & it's not as good as this new one.
    Maybe I should sell my Pro & mount and step on up to this thing.
    I wouldn't. Keep an eye for sales by places like Licentia and Steele industries, last year I got a 2200 FOM Elbit XLSH from Licentia for $2700. The opsin is quite neat, but at the end of the day, it's still just a camera, and when used green phosphor PVS 14s are cheaper and new white phosphor are just a little more, it's not worth settling for digital.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2016
    Boffa
    After switching to a set of tube cummerbunds, I can say it is well worth the upgrade.

Allowing for easy mounting of hanger bags without disturbing them everytime you take your vest off is nice. Also the tube cummerbunds fit very well to the body.

I encourage anyone to look into the first spear attachment points. If your vest isn't configured for them, Shaw Concepts makes an easy to use attachment panel that fastens to hook and loop

Top Bottom