• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAPII

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I recently purchased a new Glock 19 and installed the Crimson Trace laser grip, very pleased with the results! Good luck.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    G19.

There are armorers everywhere, tons of accessories, sights, lasers, holsters etc and millions in service.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5AyXzxb4o]YouTube - Glock 19[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZxQfIBXDc]YouTube - 1000 Round Glock Torture Test Part Two[/ame]

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I own a Gen 1 Glock 19. Many, many thousands of rounds later, it still shoots very well, has never jammed, no parts breakage. These I expect from any gun that I will shoot alot. But, what makes it a good gun for me is I can draw it quickly, and bring the sights up and they are dead on. It fits my hand near perfectly. To me, that is most important, being dishwasher safe is a close second, though

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I own a Gen 1 Glock 19. Many, many thousands of rounds later, it still shoots very well, has never jammed, no parts breakage. These I expect from any gun that I will shoot alot. But, what makes it a good gun for me is I can draw it quickly, and bring the sights up and they are dead on. It fits my hand near perfectly. To me, that is most important, being dishwasher safe is a close second, though

You most likely own a gen 2 Glock 19. There are very, very few gen 1 Glock 19s in the world.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Glock 19... wont go into the xd vs. glock thing since you are new and want to take your post seriously... both are fine guns.... my reccomendation is the g19

that said... shoot them both... or at least hold them both, and get the one that fits YOU and YOU ONLY the best.... thats the gun you should get... neither one will really outperform the other.

^^^This is the best advise pick what YOU want. We will give you helpful advise but in the end its your money and your choice. You have obviously done your homework and narrowed down to 2 very good pistols.

(Hickman has corrected me there is no manual safety on the XDm either)I will add this though, I have a G19 and I like not having a safety. If SHTF I don't have to worry about disengaging the safety, just point then shoot.

Last edited:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    It's all about how the grip feels in your hand. The Springfield has a few extra features: grip safety, aftermarket options, longer barrel, higher mag capacity; just to name a few:). I have a XDm 40 that I carry in a Crossbreed Super Tuck with no issues at all. I've only shot a Glock once, so I can't accurately compare the two in terms of function. Either one would be a fine choice for self defense and plinking. Find which one is more of a natural pointer, fits your budget, and just feels right all around.

hunter7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Hey, I really appreciate the advice. I think I will have to go with which ever I feel is more comfortable. Seeing how everyone has said both will function well, my decision will have to be based on comfort. I will post up pictures as soon as I can. Again Thanks for the opinions.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Wouldn't the XDm and the Glock 17 be a closer comparison?? Both being full-size handguns and all??

The 19, being a compact, would be closer to the standard XD.. right?

Hunter, where are you?? Maybe you could get a couple guys, one with a Glock and one with an XD, to shoot them both and see what shoots better for you. I like how 1911s look and feel in my hand, but I don't shoot them well..

hunter7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    I'm in Franklin, just south of greenwood. That would probably be the best thing to do, is shoot both of them.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    If you're buying something to collect that you won't often (if ever) shoot, then it's not as much of a concern, IMO. But if you're going to shoot it, or even more importantly carry it as a defensive arm, then shoot before you buy!

I mean, don't get me wrong - 1911s are great. They look nice, they feel nice, they shoot nice. I've got one, and I'm proficient enough that my Father-In-Law sent his to me to clean up, and the next time I see him we'll be going to the range to shoot. That being said, I'm one of the youngins that grew up around the plastic pistols and they shoot better for me. Part of it's probably mental, part of it is the difference in grip and feel, but I'm more accurate and feel better with a Glock.

There are tons of members down near you.. I'd start a new thread to see if you can meet up with some. Find members with the firearms you are considering, meet them at the range and do some learning. Again, I think the Glock 19 is a totally different animal than an XDm, but if those are the two you're leaning towards, find folks with those and shoot 'em!

As a sidenote, which some folks don't think about - shoot them both with the same ammo! When I got my Glock 23, my wife shot it with a much heavier round than my dad. She thought it was okay, dad thought it was too snappy. Swapping the rounds changed their ideas. So (using hypothetical numbers here) don't shoot the Glock with a 150 grain bullet and the XDm with a 100 grain bullet - they'll feel even more different.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Glock 19... wont go into the xd vs. glock thing since you are new and want to take your post seriously... both are fine guns.... my reccomendation is the g19

that said... shoot them both... or at least hold them both, and get the one that fits YOU and YOU ONLY the best.... thats the gun you should get... neither one will really outperform the other.

What the hell kinda 5th demention world is this, Glockers and XD'r getting along, damn, I am so so confused!!!!!!

I carry an XD but I wouldn't hesitate to carry a G19. For me, the XD fits my hand better.

Ok, ok, now we are making some progress, finally a little commitment.

we all know that XDers are just making up for lack of glock

Now we are getting some where, the first strike!!!

To both: INCONCEIVABLE!

Back at you!!!:starwars:

Honest opinion, I would not own a Glock if someone gave it to me.

Ok, Yeah Beeeach take that..:horse:

+1 I can conceal a XDM in a MTAC just fine. How ever I got rid of it for a G19 lol

Hows that for ya?:nono:

Weak!!!!

glockers are just jealous the general public has a chub for a plastic pistol other than glock.

:horse:

i have glock and XD, so i like them both, but overall glock...

And some sort of peacepipe --- glockers and xd'rs intermingling again:dunno:

Dear God deliver me from this maddness!

P.S. Go GLOCK, X'Ds SUCK BALLS.......j/k had to bring balance back to this crazy crazy world

Top Bottom