• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I prefer the XD, because it feels better in my hands, and I like the grip safety.

Both guns are very good guns, work very well, and have devoted followings. You kinda asked "Ford or Chevy" :)

MEN, however, realize that Tupperware is for women's kitchen accessories, and carry metal guns. I recommend a Beretta 92 :rockwoot:

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Wouldn't the XDm and the Glock 17 be a closer comparison?? Both being full-size handguns and all??

The 19, being a compact, would be closer to the standard XD.. right?

Yes, the XDm is roughly equal to the sixe of the G17.

The 4" XD Service Model is larger than the G19... enough to make a difference.

I looked at both (and the M&P) and chose the XD based on grip angle and trigger preference...

I'm waiting for an XDm compact... which would probably go head to head with the G19... if the design decision were left up to me.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    glockers are the democrats of the gun world. getting by on half truths and refusing to acknowledge the facts.;)

I am a glock guy...just my personal choice. I have no problem with the XD...especially after reading this review I just don't like erogant, ignorant, one poly pistol will solve all of the worlds shooting problems, XD owners. The XD is the messiah of the handguns, and of course I say that in the same terms that EL Rushbo says that BO is the messiah! (minus ATM for his is just a weakness of the soul)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I just don't like erogant, ignorant, one poly pistol will solve all of the worlds shooting problems, glock owners.

ftfy,and your quote described a large percentile of glock owners,if you look through the forum that fact will present itself.
    and XD guys don't think they are the end all be all of pistols. just that were better than glocks:D

I as you don't have any ill feelings towards said enemy pistols just the retarded owners.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    ftfy,and your quote described a large percentile of glock owners,if you look through the forum that fact will present itself.
    and XD guys don't think they are the end all be all of pistols. just that were better than glocks:D

I as you don't have any ill feelings towards said enemy pistols just the retarded owners.

I rest my case

hunter7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    The Dead has been done!

Okay, so after handling both guns, I made my decision!
    IMAG0015.jpg

So I am know officially a Glock fan.:rockwoot: I decided to go with the G23 and I could not be happier. I liked the xdm but I liked the way the glock felt better. Sorry for the bad pic, had to use my cell, the batteries on my digital are dead.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Okay, so after handling both guns, I made my decision!
    IMAG0015.jpg

So I am know officially a Glock fan.:rockwoot: I decided to go with the G23 and I could not be happier. I liked the xdm but I liked the way the glock felt better. Sorry for the bad pic, had to use my cell, the batteries on my digital are dead.

It's okay, hunter 7.3. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. What counts is that you eventually learn from those mistakes :D

All kidding aside, congrats. You have to get what feels best for you, especially if carrying. Don't get me wrong, I love my Glock 19, but the XD is my preferred choice for carry.

But you still got a good one!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    according to glock guys it goes bang every time so it shouldn't matter what ammo is used. MYTH BUSTED!

uh, that doesn't hold true for reloads.... so nice try.

Maybe in a 100 years you guys will have as many XD's on the market as Glock does today... but there will be more Glocks then too.

Top Bottom