• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    My first hand scientific experience shows that a Glock is more reliable than M&P.

Everything else I got is what I read on INGO and heard from others that are more knowledgable than I am.

I would agree with that, but with a huge caveat. Most examples of both of those guns I see that have problems are not stock. At that point it is hard to blame it on the design or manufacturer. As an example, at a class last weekend, the only pistol that had any problems was a Glock a guy had just put a non stock barrel in and had not shot before class.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I would agree with that, but with a huge caveat. Most examples of both of those guns I see that have problems are not stock. At that point it is hard to blame it on the design or manufacturer. As an example, at a class last weekend, the only pistol that had any problems was a Glock a guy had just put a non stock barrel in and had not shot before class.

True, but going to my first hand scientific experience, all my guns are bone stock, except the aftermarket sights.
    So when I say Glock > M&P, that is truly from my own first hand scientific experience and testing.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have a G19 and a P320 compact that i've had for awhile now. I like both but the edge for me goes to the P320. I can personally shoot it better and I thinks it's inherently more accurate than my G19. I think it's a well thought out pistol, it's ambi, has a magwell cutout and bevelled base plates for easy withdrawal of a stuck mag, i like FCS and the 320 has them etc. I really like the grip modularity between small, medium, and large grips, with glock you get one size and can only make it larger. It's not related to function but if you want different colored frames for whatever reason you can order them for 40.00 and not have to buy a new gun or have your frame cerakoted like glock. Want your frame stippled? You can ship off your frame shell and not have to worry about the next day air nonsense. I've shot it with junk ball to good HP's and so far it's worked great. With one trigger pack you can go from a full-size kit to a sub-compact if you desire.

When I decided to downsize from 10mm in the G20, I assumed I was going to go with G19. I've got several hundred rounds through that platform, it's a known quantity, and it's one of the most popular pistols in the world for lots of good reasons. It is never a poor choice. Ever.

But my G19-owning friend was impressed with the P320 and recommended I try one. I found one for a good price, the feel was amazing, so I bought it.

I love my P320, and I prefer it to a G19. As a standalone pistol, it's an excellent platform, with ergonomics I find better than G19. (not just backstraps, but entire FRAMES of different sizes, and no finger grooves).

If you tend to customize/accessorize, I'd still get the G19. If you tend to leave a gun stock, I'd heartily recommend the P320.

I doubt any pistol can ever have the aftermarket of a G19, but the P320 situation is improving.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Love machine, did you see his new video throwing the sig through the same tests as the Legion? It'll be interesting to see when he runs the Glock and M&P through it too.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    [video=youtube;iB-aZYy2v2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB-aZYy2v2k[/video]

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I tried so hard to be a Glock guy. I bought a 19. Great pistol. No problems whatsoever. I just could not like the way it felt in my hand. I sold it. I shot 2 different P320 pistols yesterday. They felt great! Accuracy was fantastic. And the guy that owned them said he has not had a single malfunction out of either one. I started pricing them, and drooling on my keypad while looking on gunbroker.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    After seeing MAC's video on a Sig, I would choose anything over that manufacturer.

And as always, it's Glock>M&P>1911>everything else.

I love SIGs, but that torture test really gave me pause. Sad to think I'm dropping $1000+ on a handgun that is supposedly one of the best and it's out done by a $600 no name.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I love SIGs, but that torture test really gave me pause. Sad to think I'm dropping $1000+ on a handgun that is supposedly one of the best and it's out done by a $600 no name.
    You would have thought the NSW command would have known better than use such crap for so many years.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not sure if serious or trolling.

I'm not saying they're garbage by any means. I'm just saying a $600 no-name handgun out performed one of the "top of the line" consumer handguns.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    You would have thought the NSW command would have known better than use such crap for so many years.

I'm going to go ahead a say that NSW's testing and continued use is a stronger "pro" than is the "con" of a YT test.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not sure if serious or trolling.

I'm not saying they're garbage by any means. I'm just saying a $600 no-name handgun out performed one of the "top of the line" consumer handguns.

A Corvette out performs a dump truck, unless you want to haul rocks. While fun for YouTube and the like, I'm not sure the relevance to most who carry a gun.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I may get yelled at by someone for this opinion, but.......

i have carried a gun a gun for over 26 years as a police officer and I have gotten rained on, snowed on, gotten dirty and I even once ended up in a creek, but never then had to immediately fire that gun. That being said, I would rather my chosen weapon would pass any test it was given. I commend MAC on his test protocol, but that was a tough test. Has he done this to a Glock yet?

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    Both great guns. Owned both and it seems like many have said that the slight advantage is to the Sig as far as ergonomics as long as you can cope with the difference in bore axis from barrel to sights. that's was the only thing for me to get past. but cant go wrong with either. you can find both used all over the place. you should have one for a period of time then trade for the other or sell and then buy the other. that's the only way to really tell.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I may get yelled at by someone for this opinion, but.......

i have carried a gun a gun for over 26 years as a police officer and I have gotten rained on, snowed on, gotten dirty and I even once ended up in a creek, but never then had to immediately fire that gun. That being said, I would rather my chosen weapon would pass any test it was given. I commend MAC on his test protocol, but that was a tough test. Has he done this to a Glock yet?

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYUz5jahjFs

Top Bottom