• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    I have shot them both and preferred the sig. I have a sig on order and should arrive Monday. I beleive Parabellum in avon has the sig available for rent. I would call and make sure but I thought i saw it there. The sig fit me better and gives me the ability to change. I plan on getting the compact and sub compact grips. I can go small with 12 rounds or bigger with 15. I say the most important thing is which you shoot better. Both are good guns. Both are short reset. Trigger edge goes to sig not as spongy. Modularity goes to sig. Both are reliable. Cheaper mags and more aftermarket parts goes to glock.

TheHUTMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2016
    Valparaiso
    I got the full size Sig P320 in 9mm. I really love this pistol, the trigger is very nice. Compared to my prior experience with a 1911, I find this to be a lot easier and just a nice "feel" to it. I've got big hands, and find the Sig to be a good fit. I held a few Glocks when looking into what I wanted to buy, but found the grip not as nice a fit for me.

A lot of people complain about the higher bore axis, but honestly I really don't notice it.

I've put about 500 rounds through mine and its taken just about any ammo I can find (cheap steel included) without any problems. It's quite accurate, with nice tight groups (for me at least). Not sure if things would be different with the smaller sizes. I may at some point get a compact frame for it, or just a different gun -- I don't know. The modularity is nice, but expensive.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    FWIW, I left the Glock platform for the P320 and never looked back. For me, the Sig wins out in what matters most: I simply shoot better with it than with Glock. Tru-Glo TFX sights and now it's perfect.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Oh, I also left Glock for the P320 when I left 10mm for 9mm.

In my mind the P320 is better in every way. I just don't consider the trigger to be the ne plus ultra of triggers that some P320 folks seem to.

That said, the more I dry fire and shoot, the more I like the trigger.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh, I also left Glock for the P320 when I left 10mm for 9mm.

In my mind the P320 is better in every way. I just don't consider the trigger to be the ne plus ultra of triggers that some P320 folks seem to.

That said, the more I dry fire and shoot, the more I like the trigger.

I haven't fired a P320, but I have dry fired several. I'm also not that impressed with the trigger. It's better than a stock Glock trigger, but it's not anything I would call "good." It's definitely not in the same league as the Walther PPQ or even the PPX (which is hammer fired, DOA).

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I haven't fired a P320, but I have dry fired several. I'm also not that impressed with the trigger. It's better than a stock Glock trigger, but it's not anything I would call "good." It's definitely not in the same league as the Walther PPQ or even the PPX (which is hammer fired, DOA).

Yes on PPQ beating both of them. IMO, still the best striker trigger in production.

I still prefer my P320 overall to the PPQ. I prefer the ergonomics and lack of finger humps.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

There is, unfortunately, quite a bit of variance from one example to the next. I'm not sure if it's tolerance stacking or variation in individual parts, but some are notably better than others. Any of them clean up quite nicely via the Sig custom shop, and while I've got no first hand experience I'm sure GG does them right.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    and while I've got no first hand experience I'm sure GG does them right.

I don't either, but for what bruce gray charges...it better be perfect!

oh....and I'm still waiting for the p320 trigger kit that was supposed to be released in june!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Sig is dropping the ball on shipping P320 product, and has basically since launch. Grip frames with integrated lasers, all sizes/colors, flat trigger kit, optic-cut slides, etc. Almost all are vaporware or very backlogged and essentially not shipping.

I'd like to have a P320 flat trigger from the factory, but that still doesn't exist AFAIK.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There is, unfortunately, quite a bit of variance from one example to the next. I'm not sure if it's tolerance stacking or variation in individual parts, but some are notably better than others. Any of them clean up quite nicely via the Sig custom shop, and while I've got no first hand experience I'm sure GG does them right.

I don't have a problem believing they all have potential to be pretty good for a striker-fired trigger. The thing is, pretty much all of the Walther PPQs I've handled and shot have all had the same excellent triggers without any additional work. The same is true for both of my Walther PPXs.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I don't have a problem believing they all have potential to be pretty good for a striker-fired trigger. The thing is, pretty much all of the Walther PPQs I've handled and shot have all had the same excellent triggers without any additional work. The same is true for both of my Walther PPXs.

The VP9 is the same way from my understanding. You either get a good trigger or you don't. But neither I nor anyone I know has had anything less than an excellent trigger from a PPQ, and there are quite a few.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'd like to have a P320 flat trigger from the factory, but that still doesn't exist AFAIK.

I have the apex flat trigger in mine, its not hard to install, if I can do it, anybody can install it, I picked it up at a lgs for about 45.00

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    FWIW, I left the Glock platform for the P320 and never looked back. For me, the Sig wins out in what matters most: I simply shoot better with it than with Glock. Tru-Glo TFX sights and now it's perfect.

So I will ask you. You shoot it better how? Better groups at 25 yards? Faster Bill drill? You passed Dot Torture at 5 yards with the Sig but not the Glock? All of the above? What kind of measurable difference are you getting? Not trying to be argumentative, I am genuinely curious.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    I bought the P320 and love it. I carry a 19 on duty. The 320 has a better stock trigger than the Glock (duh) and points more naturally. Extra mags are easier to come by and cheaper for the glock, as are holsters and almost any other accessory related. Glock triggers can be improved. I have an Agency Arms trigger and a zev spring kit in my 19 and have 0 issues.

Signess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Evansville
    I've probably had 15 Glocks over the years including 3 G19s. I purchased a 320 compact and after shooting it I sold my remaining Glocks. I have since put an APEX trigger on my Sig and Trijicon HD sights. I've also bought a full size caliber conversion kit. My Sig is SUPER accurate and the trigger reset is awesome. Have yet to have a single malfunction.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So I will ask you. You shoot it better how? Better groups at 25 yards? Faster Bill drill? You passed Dot Torture at 5 yards with the Sig but not the Glock? All of the above? What kind of measurable difference are you getting? Not trying to be argumentative, I am genuinely curious.

My observation here is subjective but real. The Sig points better for me, I feel like I have to push the muzzle down on Glocks to align the sights. Plus the grip feels way better.

Some of this might simply be because I had a G19 and my P320 is a full size variant (longer sight radius, less felt recoil, etc).

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Glock 19 for me. I'm to invested with Glock to change to any platform let alone Sig. I've never been much of a fan of them anyway. I have three g19s and several other Glock 9mm pistols in the stable along with probably 50 mags floating around between vehicles and in my home.

I personally am satisfied with my accuracy and reliability of the Glock for defensive purposes. With reliability I'm going with Glock anyway because it's proven itself to me time and time again with 500 round range days to months between hard cleanings and I'm not paying 40 bucks for there factory magazines either. I have shot a p320 a couple times but I'm not convinced it's worth the switch for me because I still shoot a Glock better.

Top Bottom