• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    To each his own. I think its a HIT and will compete with the LCP, Kahr, etc. I love my glocks...I just wish I could hit something with them.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    41 - no opinion
    42 - hit for some, but not out of the park. Here's why: most people in the subcompact 380 market want deep conceal. If you don't care about that - odds are you go up to at least a 9mm. So small size / deep conceal is an issue. And the 42 is definitely bigger than the Kahr or Sig micro 380 offerings. Both of which are solid, reliable, well liked , etc. And then you have LCP's, etc. which are solid to be sure - and have a big following - and a trigger that makes them not too fun to shoot. Then further down the list are the KelTec's, Taurus, etc. in the same class.

Hit for some because they are willing to trade the size for the Glock trigger. For most? not sure.

For me, I only use the p380 when I need to DEEP conceal. Normally it would be my CM9. So I'm not really tempted by a SA 380. Even a Glock. If it was a 9mm, I might be tempted to give it a try and see where it fit in with the CM9. Especially since the size would be similar. For me - only if it was a 9, and it would be hard pressed to beat the CM9 / p380 combo. Same operation either way - completely familiar - just a change of size. And deadly reliable. Hard to beat that combination.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    41 - no opinion
    42 - hit for some, but not out of the park. Here's why: most people in the subcompact 380 market want deep conceal. If you don't care about that - odds are you go up to at least a 9mm. So small size / deep conceal is an issue. And the 42 is definitely bigger than the Kahr or Sig micro 380 offerings. Both of which are solid, reliable, well liked , etc. And then you have LCP's, etc. which are solid to be sure - and have a big following - and a trigger that makes them not too fun to shoot. Then further down the list are the KelTec's, Taurus, etc. in the same class.

Hit for some because they are willing to trade the size for the Glock trigger. For most? not sure.

For me, I only use the p380 when I need to DEEP conceal. Normally it would be my CM9. So I'm not really tempted by a SA 380. Even a Glock. If it was a 9mm, I might be tempted to give it a try and see where it fit in with the CM9. Especially since the size would be similar. For me - only if it was a 9, and it would be hard pressed to beat the CM9 / p380 combo. Same operation either way - completely familiar - just a change of size. And deadly reliable. Hard to beat that combination.

Same boat as me with my Shield. I personally ditched the .380 completely when the Shield came out, but I don't like carrying pistols in pockets or on ankles, I like having them in the 3:00 - 4:00 position on my hip. Why would I want to ditch my Shield for a comparably sized pistol that isn't a 9mm? If I wanted to go back to .380, I would get a Kahr P380 or a Ruger LCP as they can be carried in pocket very easily.

Tobryan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Lafayette
    Great job Glock...success! It will sell like crazy. The .380 definitely serves a valued purpose. It's not my first choice by any means, but it's on me 75% of the time as my job requires a need for deep concealment.

jdwhitak

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    At first I was interested in the 42, but after seeing it online I have to say it is a no go for me. It's only slightly smaller than a G26 and the G26 offers superior firepower compared to this.

I used to have a P380 (total lemon for me), a P238 and P938. The Sig offerings are excellent. I just don't want a side safety. Guess Ill get a G26 or a HK P2000sk.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    This gun is going to sell like bacon at an ingo gathering! 380's are hotter than almost anything on the market! Glock is late to the party, but it's still a party. It's size will be an advantage, cutting recoil somewhat. Plus, it's a glock so the kewl-aid drinkers will buy it just to complete their collection.

I won't buy it, because it's a glock and glocks suck. But this gun is going to sell faster than they can produce the things!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I don't have any interest.

It's only .5" shorter in slide length compared to a G26. And the length of a handgun slide is the easiest part to conceal. And I would assume that .5" is because it has a .5" shorter barrel than a G26. For me, it does not seem like a beneficial trade off.

It is the same height as a G26. So since the grip is the same height, not much of a difference in ease of concealment there.

It's only benefit is the width. It is 1/4" slimmer. That is such a small change that the thickness of your holster used could make up that difference compared to a G26. Example...thin Kydex holster vs. Thick leather holster.

And for the 1/4" savings...you loose 4 rounds. Again..IMHO...Not a worthwhile trade off.

Not to mention that you now have a proprietary magazine that will not work with any other Glock model.

So even if Glock comes out with a 9mm model...I don't see much of a benefit. At least that is my:twocents:.

1/4" is more significant than you may think in the context of carry guns. Think of it it terms of percentage reduction. Taking .25 inches off of 1.18 is a reduction of over 20%. I think you'd feel that IWB, given that Glocks aren't svelte to begin with.

I don't think this is a game-changer. It's Glock being Johnny-come-lately.

Pistol rounds in general are so weak that I'm on the threshold at .380. It would have to be a flat point FMJ and I'd have to count on emptying the gun since the probability of a 2-3 stop COM is minimal with .380 FMJs.

Then again, the thing might be so accurate that head shots become viable? With such low recoil, I bet a skilled shooter could be VERY fast on the follow-ups with excellent accuracy.

Most .380s are known to be very accurate (though that's likely due to the significant fraction of blowback guns in that caliber).

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    This gun is going to sell like bacon at an ingo gathering! 380's are hotter than almost anything on the market! Glock is late to the party, but it's still a party. It's size will be an advantage, cutting recoil somewhat. Plus, it's a glock so the kewl-aid drinkers will buy it just to complete their collection.

I won't buy it, because it's a glock and glocks suck. But this gun is going to sell faster than they can produce the things!

Why do Glock's suck?

CLOWREYJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think your chances of getting 9mm ammo are a lot better than 380 at the present time. I'd still just stick with the 19 for capacity purposes. A miss for me, they should've went with a single stack 9 to compete with the Shield and the XDS.

SILVERBACK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    MONROVIA
    I already drink the GLOCK [KOOLAID].
    But I will not even pick up the .380. a 9mm short basically.

Carry what you have be it a .380, .22 or a .25. Glock is not getting my money for a FAD.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yeah you right, 380acp IS a fad.. Afterall the 9x19 was introduced in 1902 and it was a whole SIX years later, the 380acp was introduced.

Total FAD

Dont worry guys.... this one will blow over soon..

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like the 380 choice. I hear so many complaints about guns this size being too snappy in 9mm. Smaller 380s are also said to be too snappy and lots of complaints about the small grip. Lets just see what they sell it for. I'm not sure if it'll be that popular if it's the price of a regular Glock. I'm guessing $350?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like the 380 choice. I hear so many complaints about guns this size being too snappy in 9mm. Smaller 380s are also said to be too snappy and lots of complaints about the small grip. Lets just see what they sell it for. I'm not sure if it'll be that popular if it's the price of a regular Glock. I'm guessing $350?

I agree. If the MSRP on some of the sites are correct the $475. I predict street prices about $425 to start and those will creep down to around $400 once supply catches up. So priced head to head with j frames and the LCR.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    If glock came out with a single stack 380 first then everybody else would do the same. Glock did not, there are just keeping up with the firearms market just like everyone else does. I think they should have came out with single stack 9mm first.

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    41 - no opinion

I have to agree. I carry a G27 for concealed and I carry a S&W 642 as a BUG. The G27 is too heavy for an ankle holster. I keep trying it but it gets heavy. Deep cover or a BUG makes the 380 a not bad caliber considering the ammunition available today. Glock refused to sell the G25 in the domestic market so they are a late comer. I have used a Glock for many years and never had a problem. For accuracy a Colt 1911 tuned is my favorite but for duty and every day carry a Glock is definitely a front runner. ((Not sure about the G41 but it will be interesting to take it for a "test drive")).

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Glock didn't refuse to sell the G25-- they weren't ALLOWED to. Big difference. Thanks, BATFE.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Pocket pistol with no safety other than what's between my ears and the trigger? I'd prefer to have a manual safety as well for pocket carry (to keep one chambers and just dumped into my pocket). Ankle or waist carry I don't see the need for the safety depending on the quality of the holster, but what about pocket carry? (I haven't found a pocket holster I like).

Will this scenario scare some of the 380 buyers away?

Top Bottom