Glock 43 - Personal Reviews from Indiana folks!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R33D0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    I recently purchased a glock 43 and think its a pretty sweet shooting gun. I have ran about 300 rds of various ammo through it without any failures. I have also owned a ruger lc9 and kahr cm9 and i much prefer the 43. At 30 feet i can shoot about a 3 inch group which i feel is more than enough for the type of gun it is.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Have about 350 rounds through my G43 now, with only a single malfunction, possibly due to limp-wristing (failure to extract; I was shooting support-hand-only at the time). I just put night sights on it, so my next range trip will focus on accuracy rather than just function and ringing steel. The trigger owie, while still present, is much less pronounced now. Maybe I'm just building up a callus. :)

I have sold both my 9mm Kahr pistols, and have an IWB holster on the way for the G43; it will be my summer carry gun. At some point, I'll probably end up with a second 43, as I like to duplicate guns that see heavy use.

It's a disease, I tell ya!

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Trigger pull on mine was actually 8lbs after polishing it up and throwing it on a pull gauge. Groups at the 500rd mark settled down to 1.5-2 inches at 15yards. A shield, XDS and Gen 2 19 printed a oblong bullet hole when shot in the same fashion. While no roughness was seen in the bore it acted like it needed broke in regardless of 4 different kinds of ammunition. The Trijicon night sights are incorectly regulated for height also. Either I got a bad set or the thought that 42 sights work are not totally correct. I doubt anyone can argue with the stack of free guns, prizes and trophies I've won that I know how to shoot even tupperware so it isn't the shooter. As anyone can tell you if I order a factory built gun, I will get the lemon and as usual it happened. I shot two others that showed up that day and they grouped much tighter and with the plastic sights shot to the point of aim. Incidentally when those sights were put on a 42 they too printed high thru multiple shooters. If I have a carry gun, regardless of make, model etc... If I can't cover the group with a silver dollar at 15yrds that gun is trading material. Not a indictment of the Glock system. I've wacked Smiths, Colts and many others for not being up to the standard. That was my experience.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    Picked mine up yesterday. Put trijicon night sights on it and it fits perfectly in my iwb Blackhawk holster. Great feel the the gun. I like it better than my xds as it is lighter and a bit more comfortable in my hand. It feels about the same as my shield, but the wife has that one now. Great little carry gun with the reliability of the glock name. I will hopefully have time to fire it this weekend and then begin carrying it with full confidence upon running 300-400 rounds through it.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I ordered some Taran Tactical extended base plates for mine. Hopefully they'll be here in a couple of weeks.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Saw oneThursday at a local indoor range, held it and it had no appeal to me, it did not fit my hand at all, and could never replace my Glock - 27.
    However, my wife was with me and she said I want one. It was already spoken for, so I lucked out the next day, by a contact with another LGS who happened to have a G-43 Blue label coming in. I pick it up Monday, but have to go to Evansville all next week, so will be a couple weeks before she shoots it.
    So we shall have to wait and see.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Got one today, Blue label, not bad, have to wait a couple weeks to shoot though.
    Have a trip to Evansville to make, but mags fit fine and will wring it out soon.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I got mine last week and wow I love it. Perfect function so far through first couple hundred rounds holsters have been ordered. Need night sights for it and it will probably become my EDC.

maver1ck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    107   0   0
    Nov 17, 2013
    NW indiana
    I need to find a local shop with range that has one of these for rental to try out. I have tried the 42 and really liked it, so I am thinking I will like the 43 too. Just would like to give her a test drive before I pull the trigger on one.

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    Applied Ballistics in Lafayette has a 43 for rental. Going to check it out next Monday before their Remmington event. I think it's 10 bucks plus a box of ammo.

maver1ck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    107   0   0
    Nov 17, 2013
    NW indiana
    a little far of a drive for me to do a test fire. :):. I've been to that place when I was down there visiting some family. We all went there to rent some guns. In case you never been there before, they make you watch a safety video before that will let you on their range. Keep that range card they give you unless you want to watch the video again. I found out Blythes over in Valpo which isn't too far from me has a 43 for rental. Going to make a trip up there later this week

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    I live 15 minutes from AB. The card is in my range bag :)
    Let us know how you like the 43, and I'll report after Monday. AB is having a free Remmington demo day with their new defensive ammo, and I plan on getting there early to rent the 43.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No range time with one yet but I did get to handle one. Sits in my hand like a Glock. Trigger press/reset like a Glock. Operates like a Glock. Field strips like a Glock. If you carry a Glock normally, buying this is a no brainer. I think it will be a VERY successful model.

maver1ck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    107   0   0
    Nov 17, 2013
    NW indiana
    I live 15 minutes from AB. The card is in my range bag :)
    Let us know how you like the 43, and I'll report after Monday. AB is having a free Remmington demo day with their new defensive ammo, and I plan on getting there early to rent the 43.
    Will do. Planning on going there this weekend to rent one and see how I like it.

Top Bottom