• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwwilkew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    I’ve had a few different Gen 3 and 4 Glocks and have put thousands of rounds through a couple of them without issue. Guess I’m lucky?

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I’ve had a few different Gen 3 and 4 Glocks and have put thousands of rounds through a couple of them without issue. Guess I’m lucky?

I regularly shoot many 9mm and 45 acp Glocks without a problem. Somehow I am never lucky enough to win any money:):

In the early 2000's I worked as RSO 40 hours / week. I did have one customer with a new G23 that the rear frame rails separated from the frame. I called a cease fire and retrieved pieces in front of the firing line. IIRC, the serial number began with 'E'.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    This is something to consider for all 22 semi automatic pistols.
    The Keltec pmr30 recommends 22WMR so the 22 will have enough power to cycle the slide.
    But from the video, that round sounded like it was fired off the primer.

Staged video?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I take back what I said. I think it stovepiped because of ammo choice, knowing how important it is for 22 semi autos.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    On a side note, I love my glocks. Cheap, dependable, doesn’t bother me to scratch it or ding it in day to day life. I always hear glocks always go boom, I hope that video isn’t what they meant

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    After shooting Glocks on over a dozen occasions and one in particular was a highly customized and as I found out very accurate, I simply do not like the grip geometry don't hate it could live with it but there are others I like and shoot better, all else about the gun is great but it just doesn't fit my hand as well as my P320 does. If I ever came across a can't pass up deal on a Glock I would likely buy it. To be honest the biggest reason besides the grip which I could learn to live with, I never wormed up to Glock was I never liked to be among the band wagon crowd with my purchases and EVERYBODY owns Glocks and I just like to be different then the crowd.

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I had a Glock 43. Couldn't hit **** with it because of the grip angle. It also double fed 3 times in the first 100 rounds, so I ousted it from my cabinet.

Replaced it with a Shield, haven't had a problem yet.

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I had a Glock 43. Couldn't hit **** with it because of the grip angle. It also double fed 3 times in the first 100 rounds, so I ousted it from my cabinet.

Replaced it with a Shield, haven't had a problem yet.

I did prefer my shield over my 43 when it came to shooting it at the range. But the 43 was easier to conceal and carry on a daily basis. (Not that the shield was hard to conceal)

once I tried the 43x I liked it just as much as my shield. But the 43 was still my favorite carry.

all I’m getting at is maybe it’s the length of grip that gave you trouble?

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I did prefer my shield over my 43 when it came to shooting it at the range. But the 43 was easier to conceal and carry on a daily basis. (Not that the shield was hard to conceal)

once I tried the 43x I liked it just as much as my shield. But the 43 was still my favorite carry.

all I’m getting at is maybe it’s the length of grip that gave you trouble?

It's entirely possible. I took it out with a Glock lover and he had an issue with it cycling too. Which, is fun to watch the face of a fanboy melt in that type of situation.

No, I didn't limp-wrist. I think I just got one that needed a little more break in, and since i couldn't hit anything i dumped it. I can't hit anything with a 19 though either. There is just something about Glocks that don't click with me. I can hardly tell the difference between what little carry I did do with the 43 and the Shield.

I don't put much stock or training into pistols anyway. More of a fan of rifles.

TacOpsGuy320

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Greenfield
    It's entirely possible. I took it out with a Glock lover and he had an issue with it cycling too. Which, is fun to watch the face of a fanboy melt in that type of situation.

No, I didn't limp-wrist. I think I just got one that needed a little more break in, and since i couldn't hit anything i dumped it. I can't hit anything with a 19 though either. There is just something about Glocks that don't click with me. I can hardly tell the difference between what little carry I did do with the 43 and the Shield.

I don't put much stock or training into pistols anyway. More of a fan of rifles.

Did you ever send it back or have it looked at. I’m sure there was some issue (no real reason to make things up) but all of the Glocks I’ve owned for duty or otherwise have worked well without any issues.

volksjager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    They work unless you got it on a trade. Pretty sure I asked if it’s been modded. After Putting 400 rounds through it trigger starts feeling squishy and it has a delay on the firing pin after trigger pull. Find out the trigger bar had been polished and connector was aftermarket.

https://youtu.be/SUfXqJ9e27A

Last edited:

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    They work unless you got it on a trade. Pretty sure I asked if it’s been modded. After Putting 400 rounds through it trigger starts feeling squishy and it has a delay on the firing pin after trigger pull. Find out the trigger bar had been polished and connector was aftermarket.

https://youtu.be/SUfXqJ9e27A

no problem
    Glock recoil springs have life of about 5K rounds.
    Replace the spring and it will come with new firing pin spring.
    Go to gunsprings.com for excellent guide rods & recoil springs.

then watch youtube vid by Bruce Huang on disassembly of G17 gen 4.
    best 25mins. you will ever spend.

you can now maintain that glock & mags. like a PRO........

and stop raggin on Glocks, just learn how to maintain em.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    no problem

Wait.....what......G****s need maintenance.

:stickpoke:

volksjager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    no problem

I’m not sure how many rounds the previous owner put through it. Not sure why you would think it was the guide rod. firing pin spring was already replaced. Also picked up a zev skeletonized striker at the same time. After disassembly I compared the trigger bar that was in it to a new factory trigger bar I picked up. The one in my 34 looked polished compared to the new factory one. Also someone had replaced the connector with aftermarket one. I replaced it with a Glock 4.5lb connector and got a new trigger housing just to be safe. It’s running perfectly now.
    54a415d85bdd723b7dee477c5222921a.jpg

Top Bottom