• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If so many people hate the UAW and the way they operate..DONT BUY THERE VEHICLES.

Trust me, I don't. I haven't bought a brand new car or truck since 1999. I won't ever buy another new vehicle unless it's in the $10k range with a nice warranty and paid with cash. I don't see anyone producing that vehicle any time soon.

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Trust me, I don't. I haven't bought a brand new car or truck since 1999. I won't ever buy another new vehicle unless it's in the $10k range with a nice warranty and paid with cash. I don't see anyone producing that vehicle any time soon.
    My wife and I can to the same conclusion..A big waste of money to purchase a new car/truck and take a major loss pulling it off the lot.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My wife and I can to the same conclusion..A big waste of money to purchase a new car/truck and take a major loss pulling it off the lot.

At one time, I could have paid cash for any production vehicle produced in this country. And I mean any. I still drive a 00 Buick and a 01 Dodge truck I bought within the last 3 years. I put my money in land and a house.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If so many people hate the UAW and the way they operate..DONT BUY THERE VEHICLES.

Great Advice But I Decided that years Ago. Ford would be the Only US Auto Maker that I'd Even Consider Buying from Because They Didn't Ask for the Taxpayer Funded Hand Out

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    That's because only union rats are jealous of other people and what they make, and because most people on here are capable of basic math.

So let's take Rick Wagoner. Round his pay to $10 million per year. at $100K per employee, if he got paid nothing you could here 100 employees. Wow, that's a huge deal. So you would trade one of 50 guys in the world capable of running a company the size of GM for another $7800 in monthly union dues? I'd say he was a bargain.

Do you think any of the guys you mentioned go out and hit the cronic and down some 40s during lunch, then go back to work and just sit in their office and have sex with their secretary?

The myth about unions is that they care about workers. They care about union dues. They don't want to make workers more skilled. They don't want to make them more valuable. They want a lot of stupid workers who pay insane dues and don't question union leadership. If the union cared about workers they would push for technologies that make workers more efficient and the creation of new industries and companies so that more smarter and more valuable workers could get higher paying jobs. Instead they hire scabs to picket job sites and Walmart while displaying contempt for capitalism and its successful participants. Screw unions.
    You're missing the point, as usual. Companies want/need to save money but are only willing to cut the pay of the people making the products that they sell. Foreign executives get paid much less than US executives and the foreign companies are profitable. At the same time those same US executives cry about how we're in a global economy and wages need to reflect that. That also applies to the pay of upper management. We're in a global economy and their pay should reflect that. We're all in this together.

Having been a marine you of all people should be aware of the concept of team work.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    id keep my job if it went to half the pay. id keep it long enough to find one that would pay more.. but lets not forget the wifes/husbands prob work somewhere else 2. there is no reason these people cant support a family on that income. sure it wont be a fancy life and they prob have to sell their caddy escalade. but having a little money untill you can find better is better.

i would by no means be a happy camper to get half pay at either of my jobs, but its better then nothing.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You're missing the point, as usual.

13 posts and you're an expert on my reading comprehension.

Companies want/need to save money but are only willing to cut the pay of the people making the products that they sell.

BS. I can't even address this oh woe is me attitude.

Foreign executives get paid much less than US executives and the foreign companies are profitable.

So is that causal or corallery or are there like 1000 other variables involved and it's neither?

At the same time those same US executives cry about how we're in a global economy and wages need to reflect that. That also applies to the pay of upper management. We're in a global economy and their pay should reflect that. We're all in this together.

Spoken like a true globalist and Marxist. Welcome comrade.

Having been a marine you of all people should be aware of the concept of team work.

Being a Marine I understand staying within my own firing stakes. I don't spend my time fretting about issues outside my pay grade or worrying about what someone else had for dinner. I'm not jealous. I decide what I want and how bad I want it. Then I set a plan and execute it.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    You're transparent. Very transparent.

13 posts doesn't reflect how much reading I've done. Come on. You're supposed to be smarter than that.

Of course you can't address something. You don't have a leg to stand on.

On the executive pay, you're all for higher pay for them but can't bring anything to the table about why they deserve such outrageous pay for heading up failing companies.

On the globalism issue I'm just using the same argument they give. How is that Marxist? Do you even have any concept of Marxism?

You are VERY worried about what the other guy is having for dinner. You're upset when he has steak because you feel he thinks he is entitled to it. You're a very jealous person. You feel the world took a huge dumper on you and you're angry to the point of hatred for the guy next door who does his job and makes decent pay.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    The feds should have let GM and Chrysler completely go under and restructure. That would have allowed them to get rid of the unions and be a competitive force in worldwide manufacuring again.

The big 3 have good products and have a great market to distribute them. They aren't able to take advantage of it because of their labor costs.

Check your facts.

Detroit Automakers Bring Wages and Benefits in Line With Toyota - KickingTires

For instance, economist Sean McAlinden told the Associated Press that the total cost of wages and benefits now cost GM approximately $58 per hour compared to $56 per hour for Toyota. In fact, in the next few years Detroit’s wages will decline further because it will be hiring fewer skilled-trades workers and hiring more workers at a lower, post-bankruptcy wage.
    This could lead to Toyota paying as much as $10 more per hour than its American rivals by 2013 unless the Japanese automaker follows GM’s lead.

GM has already been hiring these lower wage workers and my guess is we are now actually below Toyota's labor costs.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You're transparent. Very transparent.

13 posts doesn't reflect how much reading I've done. Come on. You're supposed to be smarter than that.

Of course you can't address something. You don't have a leg to stand on.

On the executive pay, you're all for higher pay for them but can't bring anything to the table about why they deserve such outrageous pay for heading up failing companies.

On the globalism issue I'm just using the same argument they give. How is that Marxist? Do you even have any concept of Marxism?

You are VERY worried about what the other guy is having for dinner. You're upset when he has steak because you feel he thinks he is entitled to it. You're a very jealous person. You feel the world took a huge dumper on you and you're angry to the point of hatred for the guy next door who does his job and makes decent pay.

Are you smoking something (357s maybe)?

I'm done feeding the trolls.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Does that factor in the debt that GM owes the Government or the stolen equity in the corporation that the union acquired from the corporation's investors?

Nope.

Just wages and benefits.

You won't get an argument out of me on how the whole TARP thing went down.
    I was against it from day 1.

People just continue to spout out of date data like it is Gospel.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    Whats really messed up is no matter who takes a paycut the workers or upper managment the price of their cars will still continue to rise.

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Another great example of what unions do. IMO they create greed and when they are thrown into situations like this they don't want to budge and this is what happen's. Very sad indeed.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Mid+upper level Management??

The auto workers are told to take 1/2 wage or else-the cost of a new car goes up every year-the Co. is still loosing money??
    How many of the mid to upper level management has been told to double up their work load and also take a cut it pay??:(

rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    The sad thing about it is that they probably negotiated for several years for a decent wage while the management recieved bonuses in the $$$$$ millions the poor working man always loses in the end. The fat cats get fatter and they walk with all the pension money and the taxpayer has to bail them all out....what a farce!

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Nope.

Just wages and benefits.

You won't get an argument out of me on how the whole TARP thing went down.
    I was against it from day 1.

People just continue to spout out of date data like it is Gospel.

None of this can take into account how union employees screw around on the job. They arean't afraid of being fired. Sure they make the same hourly wages, but when a man is doing half the work for the same hourly rate, he isn't earning his keep.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    How do I know if I'm hire-able? If someone with money who wants to purchase my skills hires me.

How do I know if I'm making the right amount of money? If someone else is willing to pay me more, I'm making too little. If someone else is willing to do the same work as I, for less pay, I'm making too much.

Why am I making less money than I made ten years ago? Do you shop for price? If you, in your daily life, look for the lowest price for the same value, you are a part of the system that constantly applies pressure to lower prices for everything, including labor.

Why do CEOs make so much money, and I make so little? Many people are capable of doing your job, very few people are capable of doing your CEO's job. It's as simple as that.

Why is the World so unfair? I'm sorry that your Daddy didn't correct that notion in you at an early age. That's a Daddy's job.

Top Bottom