• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That was 5 hours of my life I can't get back. After watching it the first time I thought to myself, what's wrong with me? Why did I hate what is considered to be one of the greatest films of all time? So I watched it again. I still hated hated it.:dunno:

Is the redux any better?

I think it was critically acclaimed for two reasons: firstly, because it artfully and ironically portrayed anti-war sentiment. Secondly, because Coppola had developed a cult following. But that doesn't make it any good. The characters were ridiculous, poorly developed and unbelievable. The story was not big enough for the time they took to portray it. The epic journey style used to tell the story didn't lend itself to the subject. It really wasn't well done at all.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Is the redux any better?

I think it was critically acclaimed for two reasons: firstly, because it artfully and ironically portrayed anti-war sentiment. Secondly, because Coppola had developed a cult following. But that doesn't make it any good. The characters were ridiculous, poorly developed and unbelievable. The story was not big enough for the time they took to portray it. The epic journey style used to tell the story didn't lend itself to the subject. It really wasn't well done at all.

I think the redux is what they watched....John Milius told Coppola "Why did you do that redux version? It's too long and made a great movie not so great..."

You could tell Coppola got his feelings hurt when he said that lol...

[video=youtube;i4nY2J1gRzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4nY2J1gRzg[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Is the redux any better?

You would have liked the original script as John Milius..Patriot, Libertarian, NRA Board member wrote it...If you want to watch a good movie woobie you should check out this documentary...Milius got blackballed after he wrote, directed and produced the original Red Dawn...He committed the ultimate sin in Hollywood...He made commies bad and guns good...Not cool...:)

[video=youtube;oLuPXfsCkWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLuPXfsCkWg[/video]

Top Bottom