• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Sounded like someone was having a shooting party by me. Lots and lots shots all the way up until about 1am. Sounded like a couple ak's or ar's with drum mags

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yea me to. I could have put some tannerite in my neighbors mailbox and gave him a little Happy New Year cheer. I got to thinking about the whole federal crime deal for tampering with a mailbox. Then I switch to thinking about life in jail and how dropping the soap is bad. Then I started thing that I tend to drop the soap a lot until my Darling wife got that body wash with a pump handle and a poof to wash with. I no longer drop the soap anymore but Federal prison is a no go for me.

soap-on-a-rope-the-prison-small-52399.jpg

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I had to lol, went outside to see if any one would fire a gun and the cops were sitting everywhere with their lights off waiting. They didn't have long to wait.lol

Must have been the rookies,
    all the police officers I know hunker down under overpasses at midnight.:):

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Several years ago a buddy of mine walks out at midnight to let one go out of his 12g. He lives in the middle of no where so he thinks no big deal. Well he shoots into the air and walks back inside and the power is off in the house. He figures that there was an accident or something and that the power company would have it fixed by morning so he goes to sleep. He calls me the next morning wait for it. Yes he shot through the power line that went to his house. Had to call the power company to repair it cost him big money to get fixed.

Working for AT&T, we usually get a bunch of trouble reports caused by shot up drop wires and cables this time of year.....

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last night was the first night in years that I've been awake at midnight. I couldn't believe all the gunfire I heard. I was afraid of being shot because you know there are people shooting them into the air. I distinctly heard the crack of bullets breaking the sound barrier, so who knows where they landed.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You would think people could grasp Newtonian physics to such an extent that if they must do this, they could at least aim down rather than into the air.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I do not live in Indy thank God, but my neighbor just walked in my house and said no mag dumps last night? I was laying in bed waiting… He is a new neighbor and I told him I didn't want to wake his little girls, as this is the first year I haven't shot… He was a Marine and loves all of my guns but jokes "yeah I was shocked when the crazy neighbors didn't have the guns out, thought I'd come over and see if you are ok." :):

*Edit* an ingo guy asked me if I realized what I sounded like on here… My back yard is my range and any new years fire has always been done safely. Carry on :)

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yea me to. I could have put some tannerite in my neighbors mailbox and gave him a little Happy New Year cheer. I got to thinking about the whole federal crime deal for tampering with a mailbox. Then I switch to thinking about life in jail and how dropping the soap is bad. Then I started thing that I tend to drop the soap a lot until my Darling wife got that body wash with a pump handle and a poof to wash with. I no longer drop the soap anymore but Federal prison is a no go for me.

I didn't give up that easy though. I put some snap and pops that you can throw down and the will go off and sound like a Firecacker. I laid them by the road and when he runs over them I will yell hey you have a flat tire. :lmfao:

actually, unless there is mail in the box, it's just private property. We used to have bad vandalism problems back in the early 90s with our mailbox. We were told if we wanted to be able to claim that federal charge we needed to leave some junk mail in the box at all time.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I did not hear or see any reports of any actual damage. It seem like if someone got a dent in their car, or window broken, it wold be all over the news.
    I wonder if pilots avoid flying over the city because of this.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I did not hear or see any reports of any actual damage. It seem like if someone got a dent in their car, or window broken, it wold be all over the news.
    I wonder if pilots avoid flying over the city because of this.

The problem is that unless a bullet lands on someone's head, it is entirely possible that it will not be noticed immediately and when/if it is noticed, a person may well not make the connection between the appearance of a ding on the car and New Year's Eve revelry.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Pleasantly uneventful. Some big fireworks down the street, but....................no gunfire.
    On the edge of rural, I was more concerned this year with the chance of low angled stuff.
    When I lived in the city it was pretty safe, as long as nobody right next to you was shooting. Anything beyond that had to have a super steep vertical component to enter over all the 2 and 2.5 story houses so close together.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Saw some fireworks go off, a couple of gun discharges, then dead calm in the wake of the snow storm here. Came home at 0500, watched "March Of The Wooden Soldiers", went to sleep. In between gave Wifey a hug, Jr a wedgie, and then to dream land.

Use to dig bullets out of my Mom's roof, like at least 3-5 per year. 45acp was really easy to ID. others were small. Tarred up, good to go.

Top Bottom