• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Lots of fireworks all night here, and then about 12:03 heard someone fire off 10 rounds. Haven't been out to check the house and cars yet today.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    No gunfire here but there is a family on top of a hill in front of our house that fires a canon every year. Last night they started 6 seconds before the ball hit 0.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    i say we should be allowed to return fire on these morans
    Agreed!! There's a whole clan of morons down the street from me--higher population density in that house than at the mexicans across the street!--who had their thug buddies over to celebrate. Could even hear some whoops over the gunfire. No, they've never heard of newton, and are too sociopathic to care.
    I'm planning to figure out the angle I need to fire my shotgun at so the birdshot will fall on their heads next year

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I've had birdshot rain on me several times while hunting. I suppose there is a slim chance you could catch a piece of shot in your eye, but it generally does not have enough mass to cause much harm. It's kind of cool to shoot up in the air and watch the shot fall on a lake (so I've heard). I usually wear a hat while hunting. #4 or heavier shot, or a falling bullet might not feel so good.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    We were watching Twilight Zone re-runs when I had to hit MUTE on the remote to hear the POP POP POP. I was like WTF? oblivious until my wife said 'Happy New year honey'
    A bit disappointed that out here they'd be rattling off rounds :(

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    Agreed!! There's a whole clan of morons down the street from me--higher population density in that house than at the mexicans across the street!--who had their thug buddies over to celebrate. Could even hear some whoops over the gunfire. No, they've never heard of newton, and are too sociopathic to care.
    I'm planning to figure out the angle I need to fire my shotgun at so the birdshot will fall on their heads next year

A couple rounds of bird bombs would get their attention.

crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county
    If I could have, I would have fired off my cannon. Unfortunately I think the city of Indianapolis would have frowned on me bringing it to the firehouse and discharging it while on duty.

Many years ago my father would load a powder charge in his small cannon and fire it on New Year's. There would be a long pause of other sounds as it echoed over our 20 acres on the south side of Fort Wayne while the neighboring additions wondered what that was. Fond memories. :)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Nobody super close except for some normal fireworks, but oh yeah it's same as last year. Waiting for thuds on the roof.

Top Bottom