• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We just rolled the big grill out of the barn a few minutes ago. We don't have anywhere to keep it out of the weather so it gets put away for the winter and a smaller one gets rolled out for the occasional brat or burger. One of my neighbors was burning bbq sauce on his grill while we were working outside. Even though that's not REAL bbq it still smelled GREAT!!!!!!

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Is anyone else loading up on the post St. Patrick's day corned beef sale? I plan to buy at least four tonight and soak them until Sunday and smoking them into pastrami for rubens.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Turkey season is closing in and I had one more to clear out for this year's birds (hopefully). I decided to smoke the breasts again, they turned out fantastic last year. I brined them in water, salt, brown sugar, molasses and granulated sugar then cleaned up all of the yucky business.

IMG_2015_zps5wjbyn2x.jpg

Gave them a light dusting of Ragin Blaze seasoning then rolled them up.

IMG_2016_zps0i7yehz5.jpg

Weaved some bacon for a protective covering, rolled them up in the blanket and tied them with butchers twine to hold everything together.

IMG_2017_zps5dpise3e.jpg

IMG_2018_zps7k4mgiwy.jpg

Onto the BGE with some apple wood chunks at 230* until they hit 165* internal.

IMG_2019_zpsyfpoob9o.jpg

Once they're done I'll wrap them in foil and put them in the fridge to cool. Once they're chilled I'll shave them thin for the best sammiches ever!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Word on the street is that lovemywoods just purchased a 2nd BGE specifically for feeding lots of people at INGO events.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I love this thread. I had the smoker out a couple weekends ago but didn't think to take any pics. Smoked some baby backs, and they turned out great.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Once they're done I'll wrap them in foil and put them in the fridge to cool. Once they're chilled I'll shave them thin for the best sammiches ever!

Looks fantastic, phylodog!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I smoked a 6lbs pork loin the other weekend, brined it 24hrs (brown sugar, salt, spices) then rubbed it down with Stubb's pork spice rub. Grilled over charcoal and mesquite wood. It was good, had a 3lb slab left over, sliced it as thin as possible, added green pepper, tomato, onion, taco seasoning, and just a little butter to keep it from sticking. Best tacos I ever ate, just something to think about when you have a lot of Chicken or pork left over...

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Turkey season is closing in and I had one more to clear out for this year's birds (hopefully). I decided to smoke the breasts again, they turned out fantastic last year. I brined them in water, salt, brown sugar, molasses and granulated sugar then cleaned up all of the yucky business.

IMG_2015_zps5wjbyn2x.jpg

Gave them a light dusting of Ragin Blaze seasoning then rolled them up.

IMG_2016_zps0i7yehz5.jpg

Weaved some bacon for a protective covering, rolled them up in the blanket and tied them with butchers twine to hold everything together.

IMG_2017_zps5dpise3e.jpg

IMG_2018_zps7k4mgiwy.jpg

Onto the BGE with some apple wood chunks at 230* until they hit 165* internal.

IMG_2019_zpsyfpoob9o.jpg

Where's the finished pics? You do great work!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Tonight I am cooking up some fillets covered over wood coals to smoother in a mushroom sauce! Should be good!

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Making a pastrami is on my list of things to do, just need to get off my butt and try it. How long did you brine?
    From what I have read and the couple times I have made pastrami you don't really brine but you soak a corned beef in water to remove the salt and then smoke it with your seasoning. Of course it's like everything else, everyone does theirs differently but I have done a few and soaked them for 24-48 hours, changing the water a couple times during the soaking process.

Top Bottom