WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    revolutionary!!

(secretly rolling my eyes)

I like it, but Glock has seriously fallen behind in creativity

My understanding is Lipsey's commissions the run and purchases them from Glock. I get what you are saying to some extent, but if someone (Lipsey's) is willing to commit to a large order for a special color run, why wouldn't Glock do this?

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I've read on several forums around the Internetz that the new grey frame enhances dynamic force multiplying capabilities for those select few who operate operationally in non-permissive environments.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd bet that the price on the gray ones is still probably less expensive than having a standard frame Cerakoated the same color... AND that it'd probably last a thousand times longer.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Saw this on Facebook

SMYRNA, Ga. – GLOCK, Inc. continues to create new products with their release of the new gray frame pistols. The new gray frames will be available for the GLOCK 17, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 models. All models are available solely in Gen4 and will be distributed through Lipsey's

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1435811388m2upt4wvru8

Personally...I like the grey-colored frame...but I will probably just Cerakote it myself!

Heck, great idea just popped into my mind...I'm thinkin' there will be at least one (1) Confederate flagged-wrapped Glock 19 in this world! He He

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Looks good, but not for a premium price. Should simply be a limited run option. Not sure it takes more to mold polymer in gray then black..
    The cost is in downtime and cleaning the mold and injection equipment. For the hassle, you'd want to run only grey guns for weeks on end.

Top Bottom