• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is the 19 USDS had. Just sold it yesterday. More coming in.
    20150822_181105-1_zpsymv8zemz.jpg
    [/IMG]

I believe I had my grubby mitts on that particular piece last night. (owner mentioned it followed him home earlier in the day)

Nice looking, but they strike me at first as looking like toys. You know... the toy guns back in the day when they tried to color plastic toys to look like metal.

I'm indifferent overall to the new color. Though both the owner and I found it odd that Glock doesnt color match the backstraps. They are still in black. Bizarre.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I believe I had my grubby mitts on that particular piece last night. (owner mentioned it followed him home earlier in the day)

Nice looking, but they strike me at first as looking like toys. You know... the toy guns back in the day when they tried to color plastic toys to look like metal.

I'm indifferent overall to the new color. Though both the owner and I found it odd that Glock doesnt color match the backstraps. They are still in black. Bizarre.

Something is different. The Lipsey's guns come with grey matching backstraps. This gun in the pic must have a cerakoted slide. Lipsey's hasn't introduced the full grey model yet. It tells me that maybe this dealer is cerakoting the whole gun and didn't do the back straps. I'll leave it to them to fill us in on that. If it was a Lipsey's gun molded in grey, the backstraps would be grey. Look at the pic of mine. It has the medium backstrap with beaver-tail on it in the pic. Who knows, maybe there's another story with it. I'm just speculating.

This one looks like they nailed the shade of grey, though, and I still think it looks fantastic.

Lipsey's eventually will come out with a grey model with cerakoted slide, if they go the way they did with the FDE guns, but they haven't yet. (I spoke to Lipsey's sales manager via email a little over a week ago when inquiring about my G20.)

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Those full colored ones are not done by glock, but are a distributor exclusive from AcuSport. They are originally black guns, cerakoted the solid color. Frame and slide are cerakoted. That's why the back straps are still black in the box. Not the same as the Lipsey's gun, which are molded in the grey. Both guns are very sharp looking though!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I'm picking up a Grey G17 Gen 4 tomorrow and since I'm installing a Ghost Rocket trigger kit I'm going to name it the Grey Ghost! A cerakoted slide may be in it's future but I'll hold out on that one till I own it for a while. Although I wish I lived closer to AllenM so I could take advantage of his expert service. I have two other Glocks but something different than black might be nice.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Although primarily a HK fan, picked up a G19 a few weeks ago. I really like it, if LGS gets a grey G19 in, I'll buy one.

PS: like my VP9 better. (Both of them)

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I went into Highsmith Guns this weekend to see if they had any of these and they had a 19. But it was all grey. Frame and slide was grey. It was beautiful. Back straps were black though. Does this in fact mean that it is all cerakoted then? Am I correct in that it comes from a distributor so the dealer may not know the different "options" of grey? Unfortunately they had them marked up a bit to $629. He told me they would do $600 but I'm in the camp of I am not going to pay more for it than the black. I'll wait til the demand goes down if necessary.

Top Bottom