guess who started carrying Condition 1 today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I DID.

I also grabbed a box of Hornady Z-MAX ammo for the inevitable zombie apocalypse!

One step closer to being a trigger happy extremist! :rockwoot: :ar15:

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    Hope you read the disclaimer that hornady put out for the zombie max. If you really use these in self defense and the perp doesn't stop, hornady can't be held liable. They are selling these as a novelty.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Blind-Squirrel-Finds-a-Nut-small.jpg

:D

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Hope you read the disclaimer that hornady put out for the zombie max. If you really use these in self defense and the perp doesn't stop, hornady can't be held liable. They are selling these as a novelty.

if you are seriously going to the ammo manufacturer for recourse after a shooting incident where the rounds you used didn't work, you're doing it wrong, the only person liable for me not stopping the perp is me

Isn't the new zombie ammo just critical defense with greenish filling instead of the red that is in the critical defense rounds?

yes it's the same 185 grain Critical Defense rounds, has green colored filling in the bullet and the casing is plain brass as opposed to nickel plated.

they are the same, just being sold as a novelty and they are actually a couple bucks cheaper per box than the critical defense model, or they were at the HiPoint gun shop in Sellersburg, IN the other day, $22 for the box

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I got my first box today. I'm ready! (Seriously doubt I'll ever actually use them--got them for the novelty.)

zombie1.jpg

zombie2.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures. I was really tempted to buy a few boxes and have my brother do a few mag dumps just to make sure I wasn't a zombie. Now that I know this is live ammo, I may rethink this exercise.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Just as long as you were not carrying while you were just hanging around the house.

Then you would be a paranoid hair triggered gun freak just waiting to spray hot lead.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Just as long as you were not carrying while you were just hanging around the house.

Then you would be a paranoid hair triggered gun freak just waiting to spray hot lead.

it sits on the coffee table in front of me within reach, does that count ?:shady:

also i have been pocket carrying for the weekend everywhere, Applebees, Value City Furniture in Louisville (sign says no guns:lala:), local Chase bank twice today, even sitting in banker office to get title notarized and at the indoor teller to get several thousand in cash, Kroger, Hi Point Firearms in Sellersburg.......and lots of other places like convenience stores.

I left it printing pretty well with just a few inches of tshirt covering loosely.....nobody ever said a word.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    it sits on the coffee table in front of me within reach, does that count ?:shady:

also i have been pocket carrying for the weekend everywhere, Applebees, Value City Furniture in Louisville (sign says no guns:lala:), local Chase bank twice today, even sitting in banker office to get title notarized and at the indoor teller to get several thousand in cash, Kroger, Hi Point Firearms in Sellersburg.......and lots of other places like convenience stores.

I left it printing pretty well with just a few inches of tshirt covering loosely.....nobody ever said a word.

Now you are definitely a paranoid fanatic. :rolleyes:

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Jamesg, why the change of heart on your carrying options?

partially because my wife can barely even pull the slide back to cock it, this way if she needs to use it she can much more easily, that and because Zombies are fast

i see someone above wants to nitpick over the make and model and the technicality of the term used (it's a Taurus PT145 Mil Pro btw)

to that i say "the ***** will go off as soon as the safety is dropped and the finger hits the trigger"

it has no de-cocker so unlike a 1911 it cannot be carried Condition 2, but that's not applicable anyways, so meh

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    partially because my wife can barely even pull the slide back to cock it, this way if she needs to use it she can much more easily, that and because Zombies are fast

i see someone above wants to nitpick over the make and model and the technicality of the term used (it's a Taurus PT145 Mil Pro btw)

to that i say "the ***** will go off as soon as the safety is dropped and the finger hits the trigger"

it has no de-cocker so unlike a 1911 it cannot be carried Condition 2, but that's not applicable anyways, so meh

Glad to see you becoming more of a trigger happy mad man like the rest of us:D

Top Bottom