• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Do the words "zero tolerance" and "policy" ring any bells? I'd wager the teacher HAD to report it up the chain of command or risk being fired. :twocents:

Does the word common sense ring any bells. A few pieces of metal is not a gun. I am 36 and when I was in school this would have been no big deal. Zero tolerance and policy? I would love to see the policy the policy that says you cannot bring scrap metal to school.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Who throws a gun in the trash?

my thoughts exactly, maybe it was broken beyond reasonable repair.

I understand it was a real gun, but then i think that it was a kindergartener who likely saw his parents with it, thought it was cool, wasnt taught on the subject that guns are dangerous and wanted to be like them.

A 5 year old child bringing a busted disassembled unloaded firearm that was instantly taken by the teacher seems like a valid reason TO CALL 911. I can remember when I was in grade school, I thought I was so cool because i had a small little swiss army pocket knife. They simply called my parents, and suspended me for a week.

Yeah yeah, guns are more dangerous than a pocket knife, but it makes me think about all the dumb rules about kids with squirt guns or kids making guns with their fingers. Kids will be kids, and unfortunately it is up to the parent at that young age to ensure no accidents happen. And in my eyes, this mother did a damn good job of making sure there was no danger.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Good little brainwashed student taught that guns are bad told on the other student...indoctrination successful...not really saying its bad in this example but kids are being taught that guns are for bad guys from a very young age...easier to have people volunteer to be disarmed than to do it house to house

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Good little brainwashed student taught that guns are bad told on the other student...indoctrination successful...not really saying its bad in this example but kids are being taught that guns are for bad guys from a very young age...easier to have people volunteer to be disarmed than to do it house to house

What ever happened to being in the scouts, and going to the archery range...

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    When I was in school we brought our pocket knives to school for show and tell. When I was in high school we could keep our hunting rifles in our cars. I have no problem with the little one telling the teacher. I don't see the point in the police and Cps getting involved. I have never had a junk gun but I am wondering how you guys dispose of your gun in that situation? I would probably break it down and throw it out too.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    When did you graduate? I graduated in 09, and a friend of mine in highschool ended up getting expelled. If i remember correctly, during fall break which was monday-wednesday he went out in the woods hunting, thursday he had forgetten his rifle in the truck and a leo at the school saw it while driving past.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I graduated in 1995. Been a while but not that long to have changed so much. I did go to grade school in Texas and middle and high school in tn.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    When did you graduate? I graduated in 09, and a friend of mine in highschool ended up getting expelled. If i remember correctly, during fall break which was monday-wednesday he went out in the woods hunting, thursday he had forgetten his rifle in the truck and a leo at the school saw it while driving past.

I graduated in '06. Little town. I sometimes had a pocket knife on me all day, never thought twice about it. Sometimes you need to open something and it's just easier with a knife. Other students who drove had gunracks in their trucks with their shotgun or whatever. Was never an issue then, I don't believe.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I brought my pet turtle to show-and-tell once.
    By the time it was my turn, Squirtle was sleeping in my coat pocket. He never woke-up.

I don't want to talk about this anymore.........:(

Top Bottom