• wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Huh? It's in his avatar.

View attachment 212913
    Sorry I was kind of responding to the wrong post. What I meant was that it is surprising that the it was said that Indy’s Murder rate had surpassed Chicago? Not sure if this was in jest or a factual statement. Since we left Indiana I do not keep up on statistics for the Midwest any longer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry I was kind of responding to the wrong post. What I meant was that it is surprising that the it was said that Indy’s Murder rate had surpassed Chicago? Not sure if this was in jest or a factual statement. Since we left Indiana I do not keep up on statistics for the Midwest any longer.
    On a per capita basis? I wouldn't be surprised.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Figures don't lie, but liars can figure. If you go by the FBI Metro Area stats, Chiraq Metro has a lower per capita murder rate (8.0/100k) than Napghanistan Metro (9.3/100k). Reason? All the collar county cities in the greater Chriaq area that water down Chiraq statistics, which includes areas extending into Indiana and Wisconsin. Napghanistan surrounding cities all water down its stats, but not nearly to the same extent.

Latest data for both cities per FBI is 2018. None yet for 2019.
    Chiraq (the city):
    • Population: 2,719,151
    • Murders and negligent homicides: 563
    • Rate Per 100,000: 20.7
    Napghanistan (the city):
    • Population: 877,584
    • Murders and negligent homicides: 162
    • Rate per 100,000: 18.46
    If you go by this site's data which allegedly considers the cities, not the metro areas, for 2020:
    They don't explain the source of their data and how it was compiled. I reverse calculated their populations from the numbers of murders and murder rate. Passes a "sanity test" that they used the city and not the metro area.
    • Chiraq: 28.6 per 100k (771 murders; reverse calculated population: 2,695,804)
    • Napghanistan: 24.3 per 100k (216 murders; reverse calculated population: 888,889)
    Saint Louis ranks #1 as the murder capitol of the U.S. on every list I've found.

John

Last edited:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I wonder how long it will take the good guy to get his firearm back...
    If we're talking about the young hero from the Greenwood Mall incident, we could start a go-fund-me and get him whatever he wants! Second thought, I'll buy him a new Glock [like the one he used], if you all supply him some ammo!
    I wonder how long it will take the good guy to get his firearm back...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First thought in my mind: civil liability.

John
    Bingo. We have a winner.
    Ingo is a 2A support forum. We discuss all things Gun related. We have perks that allow like minded members to sell/trade all manner of items Gun related and more. To step outside that in this climate of ambulance chasing shysters and scammers is inviting trouble we do not need. And will not accept.
    Bad idea peoples. Bad idea.
    If you wish to help the man (I personally do) there are all manner of ways to contact him. Leave Ingo be Ingo.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If we're talking about the young hero from the Greenwood Mall incident, we could start a go-fund-me and get him whatever he wants! Second thought, I'll buy him a new Glock [like the one he used], if you all supply him some ammo!
    If someone gets it started I'll be happy to donate. I bet go fund me will shut it down.
    They be against good guys with guns you know.

Top Bottom