• ...and so much more!
  • Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The Dems investment in the 1/6 narrative is a clear indication to me that they believe this is their best strategy to bring them victory in November. They appear to have all but abandoned any hopes of running on the records of this Administration and the current majority sitting in Congress.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Dems investment in the 1/6 narrative is a clear indication to me that they believe this is their best strategy to bring them victory in November. They appear to have all but abandoned any hopes of running on the records of this Administration and the current majority sitting in Congress.
    Indeed.

It be nice if the Republicans had something other than, "we're not Democrats."

It's been a long since I voted FOR a candidate at for a high level office.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just when you thought Harris was the dumbest person, Biden comes along and says, "watch this"...

January 6th was the worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War...

Is he not aware that four US presidents have been assassinated since 1865? :scratch:

On January 6th a mod of hillbillies tried to break into a building the hang the VP.

That's pretty bad but shooting the sitting president seems more extreme to me. :dunno:

And that's if you even consider that an attack on the president or VP is an attack on democracy itself.

The US is not a banana republic where you can just seize power by attacking a building or by removing a few politicians.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Is he not aware that four US presidents have been assassinated since 1865? :scratch:

On January 6th a mod of hillbillies tried to break into a building the hang the VP.

That's pretty bad but shooting the sitting president seems more extreme to me. :dunno:

And that's if you even consider that an attack on the president or VP is an attack on democracy itself.

The US is not a banana republic where you can just seize power by attacking a building or by removing a few politicians.
    He is fully aware. Politicians rarely believe what they say. Most of their utterances are targeted toward those who already believe or those who are ignorant enough to become new believers.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He is fully aware. Politicians rarely believe what they say. Most of their utterances are targeted toward those who already believe or those who are ignorant enough to become new believers.
    I'm aware that he's aware.

Even though in his case he might not be fully aware of much (being a bit senile and all) ... the people who wrote his speech are fully aware.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Didn't Bumblin Biden say something about if you are ever threatened to take a double barrel shotgun and fire it in the air? Why did no one in the capitol security listen to the senile sage biden? This whole 1/6 thing could have been easily stopped.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    What a minute Sylvain = Frenchman = Bastille Day?

Didn’t your people start a revolution by killing a few bureaucrats?

For the record I am 6% French!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

“We’re worried there are a lot of folks who don’t understand the severity of what happened. Particularly, if it was so severe that it was animated and encouraged by assets of the federal government,” Gaetz said at a Jan. 6 press conference at Capitol Hill.

“That would be a far greater scandal than anything that the Democrats have talked about.”

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Look up the difference between what is a republic and what is a democracy.
    In a constitutional republic, the constitution purportedly protects the rights of ALL, including the minority on any given position, from a mob majority. Constitutionally protected rights may NOT be trampled or constrained no matter what majority of voters, or government may want.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems I've launched another round of democracy vs. constitutional republic with a sarcastic joke. (I still think middle schoolers are a threat)

Top Bottom