• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    some pretty interesting things in the story...

Hawthorne Police Lt Scott Swain said that officers were warning Rosby to turn down the music in his car.

'It's distracting the officers. It's interfering with what they are able to hear,' Lt Swain said. 'It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them.'

A neighbor who witnessed the event said they heard Rosby yell 'It's my (expletive) radio!' to officers.

But Rosby said that didn't happen because as a Christian he doesn't swear.
    'I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply,' Rosby said. 'The music may have been a little loud but I was complying.'

This one makes me think he is an INGO member...
    Apparently this isn't the first time that Rosbyhas had issues with the local police. His prior record includes convictions for resisting arrest, battery and driving under the influence. Rosby, a black man, has filed six complaints alleging mistreatment and racial profiling by the Hawthorn Police.

Read more: Police shoot and kill Rottweiler in the street when the dog runs over to owner being arrested for obstruction of justice | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    some pretty interesting things in the story...

Hawthorne Police Lt Scott Swain said that officers were warning Rosby to turn down the music in his car.

'It's distracting the officers. It's interfering with what they are able to hear,' Lt Swain said. 'It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them.'

A neighbor who witnessed the event said they heard Rosby yell 'It's my (expletive) radio!' to officers.

But Rosby said that didn't happen because as a Christian he doesn't swear.
    'I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply,' Rosby said. 'The music may have been a little loud but I was complying.'

This one makes me think he is an INGO member...
    Apparently this isn't the first time that Rosbyhas had issues with the local police. His prior record includes convictions for resisting arrest, battery and driving under the influence. Rosby, a black man, has filed six complaints alleging mistreatment and racial profiling by the Hawthorn Police.

Read more: Police shoot and kill Rottweiler in the street when the dog runs over to owner being arrested for obstruction of justice | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In pure Destro fashion you swoop in with the guys prior record which now makes anything done to him by the police acceptable.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    :dunno: Maybe I'm nuts for thinking this way but I think there are things that are just " gimmies" in life .

For example , if you stand on the tracks long enough , you will get hit by a train .

If you pull a tiger's tail , chances are you will get mauled , those sorts of things .

If you start effing with the cops , it will end badly for you .

If he parked normally , left the dog in the car , kept his mouth shut and just filmed I'd be on his side .

To me it looks like he wanted a confrontation and got more than he bargained for .

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If we're going to look at someone's priors, why not look at the Hawthorn PD's priors? Are they a good department? Or is there a chance they are riddled with thugs who just may have been after this guy as a retaliatory measure?

Hawthorne pays $1 million settlement in suspect-abuse lawsuit - latimes.com

Hawthorne to vote on $300k settlement for Tasered austistic teenager - The Daily Breeze

Looks like they have some issues in this department.

Good one, aside from Texas why does it seem that the most liberal hippie states have the most JBT police? Doesn't make any sense.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If we're going to look at someone's priors, why not look at the Hawthorn PD's priors? Are they a good department?

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I don't think they were wrong to shoot the dog, if they were right to put the guy in cuffs. We give cops a lot of discretion, especially as it concerns safety. There's nothing wrong with examining their use of discretion - their judgment - with a microscope after something like this.

The dog is a big dangerous dog, and it appears to me he was responding very aggressively. Shooting the dog was justified. If, however, they misused their discretion in cuffing the guy, then THEY caused the situation that led to the dog being shot, and they should be dealt with accordingly if they misused their power.

When you start to use force, you create a scenario where bad things can happen. As routine as it seems to some cops, detaining someone by binding their hands is s serious use of force. If I did it to someone, even on my own property, I'd better prove I had a very good reason, or I'm in serious trouble. We give cops the benefit of the doubt, but these situations that end tragically are the perfect time to look hard at the benefit of doubt we give them.

Also, this use of force over being recorded is happening enough around the country that I think we need to stop extending the benefit of the doubt when the force is initiated after they've been seen recording the police. Over and over someone records the police, has force used against him and then gets charged with resisting and obstructing and whatever else they want to pile on with. Here in Colorado this happened several times in a two year period and each time the cops lied thinking they'd destroyed the evidence by smashing the phone, only to discover they'd been recorded by someone else, proving they were lying.

I'd also believe more cops sincerity about this if I saw more condemnation when they're caught red-handed, instead of the knee-jerk defense we get over and over.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why were the other individuals recording not detained?

In one case they didn't see them, in two others they were recorded by street cameras, and in one of those the guy who got beaten and arrested was also talking to his Dad describing what he was seeing just before he got beaten down. His Dad happens to be a Deputy Sheriff, btw. The cops said he fought them, the video makes it clear the force was all on their side. They attacked him, beat him, then lied about it trying to get him convicted of a crime.

I know, they were just trying to get home safe that night.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    In one case they didn't see them, in two others they were recorded by street cameras, and in one of those the guy who got beaten and arrested was also talking to his Dad describing what he was seeing just before he got beaten down. His Dad happens to be a Deputy Sheriff, btw. The cops said he fought them, the video makes it clear the force was all on their side. They attacked him, beat him, then lied about it trying to get him convicted of a crime.

I know, they were just trying to get home safe that night.
    I meant in this instance. The guys recording the incident involving Rosby and the dog.

I wonder why they weren't detained?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I meant in this instance. The guys recording the incident involving Rosby and the dog.

I wonder why they weren't detained?

I don't know. It's quite possible that it didn't have to do with his recording them. My point was that it's happening so often that I think it should always arouse suspicion that it was to punish the guy recording.

Since you asked me to speculate:

Maybe they didn't see the others, maybe they were hiding that they were recording. Maybe they were going to detain them next. Maybe it had to do with what Rosby claims, that they were harassing him for other matters. And again, maybe the detention was legit. All I'm saying is that if the detention WAS NOT legit, they should be in trouble because their use of discretion has serious consequences.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I don't know. It's quite possible that it didn't have to do with his recording them. My point was that it's happening so often that I think it should always arouse suspicion that it was to punish the guy recording.

Since you asked me to speculate:

Maybe they didn't see the others, maybe they were hiding that they were recording. Maybe they were going to detain them next. Maybe it had to do with what Rosby claims, that they were harassing him for other matters. And again, maybe the detention was legit. All I'm saying is that if the detention WAS NOT legit, they should be in trouble because their use of discretion has serious consequences.
    I saw multiple people openly holding cameras recording. They didn't appear to be attempting to "hide" their activity. And yet none of them were detained or even approached about their activity.

I completely agree with the bolded portion.

Could have been because they didn't have prior complaints out against the department and he did. Retaliation is not unknown in certain circles.
    Or is it possible they weren't blaring loud music as the police were attempting to bring people from a house at gun point?

It appears he sought attention and got it.

IMO, of course.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I just imagine living across the street with kids on your front porch minding your own business and the lead starts to fly.

One of these days the police are going to pull a stunt like this only to find themselves completely surrounded by concerned tax paying citizens, they will be disarmed and dealt with accordingly, er not.

Top Bottom