• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In 1776 they would have been tarred and feathered.

In 1776 they would have been wearing red coats.

In some cities the police are trained to act like a military force. So wrong.

Eventually we will see people at their wits end and as groups they will retaliate. I'm not one that really believes in vigilante justice but if the justice system those people rely on is corrupt then I can see how some would resort to their own form of justice.
    I'm not advocating that I'm just saying over the last few years we see everything progressively getting worse and now a majority of people who do not trust the police or govt. before I dot think it was a majority but now it is.

I still think the cops were justified I the shoot and not "putting the dog out of its misery" was right I think because maybe the dog could have been saved? Just like you don't execute an injured human that's laying shot.

Still people need to realize that the police aren't there to be joked with or taunted even if they are wrong. They have the backing of the government and the odds are that even if they are wrong an your right they won't be the ones paying any consequences in the short or long term. If you wanna **** with the police then do it at your own peril, and maybe wear a mask and don't willingly go to them to talk, lol, they're gonna lock your ass up, not talk about baseball.

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I know not every cop is bad. Police as a whole should be respected. But at the core of it, it is a job. And it would be ridiculous to assume that there isn't a bad person in this job because it's a policeman.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

click

So what you're saying is they shouldn't shoot because no officers have been killed?

Injuries that affect your ability to function don't count?

Coltsfan33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenfield
    Not opposed to shooting the dog, video was hard to watch. As soon as dog breached window officers could have used Mace as a first resort shooting should've been last resort. But overall, you gotta do what you gotta do. Just my :twocents:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I've seen people killed and I've seen dead bodies....

If you're a dog lover... spare yourself the peace of mind and don't watch it.

I understand the level of intensity can rise QUICK in a heated situation like this to retaliate...
    But it's truly heartbreaking to see this. The image/video is burnt in my mind.

Literally went and laid on the floor and cuddled/played with my dogs for 15 minutes after watching it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Consider this question: Do the police exist for the benefit of the citizens or the citizens for the benefit of the police? Had this question be answered correctly, this situation most likely would not have ended up as it did.

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Consider this question: Do the police exist for the benefit of the citizens or the citizens for the benefit of the police? Had this question be answered correctly, this situation most likely would not have ended up as it did.

can you elaborate? I thought the whole thing started because he was interfering with an armed robbery investigation?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    can you elaborate? I thought the whole thing started because he was interfering with an armed robbery investigation?

Elaborate? Certainly. After watching the video I am left to conclude that the man may have been an annoyance by virtue of his presence, but my understanding that the First Amendment is not cancelled by virtue of the police not wanting to hear someone. They could have ignored him and suffered no loss for having done so. Without a deliberate decision to escalate an arguably mouthy videotaping bystander situation into a detention and death of dog incident, there would have been no significant problem.

Back to my question. If the police exist for the benefit of the citizens, then they can reasonably be expected to tolerate as much annoyance as any of the rest of us. If the citizens exist for the benefit of the police, then we can shut up, obey orders, genuflect before them, and pay our taxes to provide their sustenance or else take advice from Thomas Jefferson, discussion of which is prohibited on INGO, with either response fitting the de facto or de jure existence of a police state. In no case can it be said that we are a free people with police existing for our benefit when they serve as public masters who cannot/will not tolerate so much as the verbal expression of dissent. Even if we grant without argument that the dog owner was an ass, if the reaction were justified, at least half the population should be in custody. Why are so-called professionals held to a lower standard than the rest of us?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    \. After watching the video I am left to conclude that the man may have been an annoyance by virtue of his presence, but my understanding that the First Amendment is not cancelled by virtue of the police not wanting to hear someone.

Hmm, after reading several accounts of the events, I am left with a completely opposite conclusion.

The subject attracted police attention by virtue of his loud music causing a disruption while police were investigating a crime.

According to witnesses, when he was asked to turn his music down (the suspect himself admitting his music might have been "a little loud"), he shouted profanity, and failed to comply.

There were others videotaping and they were completely ignored.

I don't think the freedom to intentionally disrupt a legitimate criminal investigation with music would pass muster

Top Bottom