• shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    100 co sponsors in the house!
    8 in the senate!

only 4 from Indiana tho
    I guess its time to light a fire under Donnelly an Young's butts cause they're my rep's and haven't cosponsored it yet
    neither has Buschon !

I guess the emails didn't work, might be time to call!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    8 in the senate!

only 4 from Indiana tho
    I guess its time to light a fire under Donnelly an Young's butts cause they're my rep's and haven't cosponsored it yet
    neither has Buschon !

Maybe the sheriffs wrote a letter against this as well.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Maybe the sheriffs wrote a letter against this as well.

our sheriff is very pro gun, even a sponsor of our friends of the nra banquet, and he signs all class 3 stuff that go through him.

I know one person who wrote a letter to buschon against the hpa, and im shocked that he did, nut hopefully my letter canceled out his

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    8 in the senate!

only 4 from Indiana tho
    neither has Buschon !

Donnelly will follow the party line. Just like my idiot rep Visclosky

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    Yea... I am trying to wait until the $200 tax and wait is removed.
    I would encourage you to purchase whatever silencer you want now, as there is no guarantee this HPA will become law and even if/when it does unfortunately it won't happen until months from now. The continued purchasing of NFA related items, specifically silencers, lets the ATF and our gov representatives know that these basic items are very mainstream. I am currently waiting for my paperwork to clear for a pistol silencer I purchased late last year.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Yea... I am trying to wait until the $200 tax and wait is removed.

I would encourage you to purchase whatever silencer you want now, as there is no guarantee this HPA will become law and even if/when it does unfortunately it won't happen until months from now. The continued purchasing of NFA related items, specifically silencers, lets the ATF and our gov representatives know that these basic items are very mainstream. I am currently waiting for my paperwork to clear for a pistol silencer I purchased late last year.

^ yes what tm45 said!.....silencerco just laid off employees(100 according to tfb) due to a drop in sales, that will cause a delay in production, that means a longer wait to make cans, and I'm sure its due to people waiting for the bill to pass! last year, over 90k suppressors were purchased! we need to let our congressmen and representatives know that there is a demand from everyone in the sport, not just a few dedicated suppressor owners, if demand drops, why would congress/senate waste their time on a bill like this?

remember, the hpa passing looks better now than it ever has, but is still a longshot! (as of right now there's only 1 democrat cosponsor, and not all republicans are pro gun!)

as silencerco said keep buying suppressors!, IF the law passes, any taxes paid between October of 2015 and now, will be returned in the form of a tax credit!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    IF the law passes, any taxes paid between October of 2015 and now, will be returned in the form of a tax credit!

I do not want a tax credit. I would be happy for a separate check if that's what they want, but a credit means my accountant will know about my NFA items and that is none of his business. I would rather donate the funds to the NFA branch and I don't even want them to exist.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I do not want a tax credit. I would be happy for a separate check if that's what they want, but a credit means my accountant will know about my NFA items and that is none of his business. I would rather donate the funds to the NFA branch and I don't even want them to exist.

you trust your accountant with
    your social security number
    your address
    your date of birth
    your tax info
    and all the same info for your family
    plus if you get a refund, you most likely trust him with your checking account info

everything you need to steal your identity

but you don't trust them with a tax credit from the atf......sounds like you need a new accountant!

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    your address
    your date of birth
    your tax info
    plus if you get a refund, you most likely trust him with your checking account info

but you don't trust them with a tax credit from the atf......sounds like you need a new accountant!

Or his wife does the taxes...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I could certainly use the $400, as things have gotten difficult since I filed my form 1 and form 4. But I would be happy with no refund. I would be happy with more Liberty and chalk the loss up to bad timing. Wouldn't be the first time in my life.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Plus if the act passes, good luck getting ahold of a suppressor for months while the industry catches up to the demand. Better to get what you want on order now and get the credit if/when it passes.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    your address
    your date of birth
    your tax info

My thoughts exactly

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    your address
    your date of birth
    your tax info

I trust my accountant, but certain things are not his business. I trust the local police as well, but I do not tell them that I have NFA items. For me the fewer people that know the better. I do it all on the up and up, but loose lips and all that.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I trust my accountant, but certain things are not his business. I trust the local police as well, but I do not tell them that I have NFA items. For me the fewer people that know the better. I do it all on the up and up, but loose lips and all that.

the-accountant-correct.jpg

This must be your accountant. You don't want him to know because then he'll come over and take all your good stuff!

Top Bottom