• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    up to 125 in the senate (and a second democrat too!, if that counts, since both dems are from texas) and 11 in the house!

and we need 218! and 51 yea votes

but as of today (3.17.17) there has been no action i.e. no hearings

Reller39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Stendal
    They also are great when teaching new shooters, or maybe save my kids from using only their left ear when talking on phone. My hearing isn't bad but big difference between left and right. Think how many shoots you take dove hunting.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Is this dead in the water? I admit I have not been following it as closely as I should.

Just haven't heard anything. Hope it goes thru. Keep thinking this is the reason that my other two F1 cans are still waiting to be approved.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    The R's cant get everyone on the same page on O'Care or Tax reform. I'm sure the HPA is not on anyone's priority list. Kim-Fat, Russia, China, lots going on... Hopefully next year.

What really shows that these guys cannot arrange a sock drawer is, we have heard for 7 years about how many versions of repeal-replace was ready to go. Well, where T-F is it?

I think their incompetence is glaringly evident. I don't want to be a debbie downer but if they loose the House is '18, I will not be surprised.

But, TGIF!!!

:ingo:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Too much going on is a cop out. They have plenty of time to vote on other bills while they bicker about those. The fact is that they don't want to. They do nothing more then give us lip service.

Hell, it would probably be a good idea to pass it to get the attention of the media away from those other topics for a bit.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Too much going on is a cop out. They have plenty of time to vote on other bills while they bicker about those. The fact is that they don't want to. They do nothing more then give us lip service.

Hell, it would probably be a good idea to pass it to get the attention of the media away from those other topics for a bit.

Agreed. Total lip service. Term limits.

:ingo:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    And so the inevitable Republican betrayal begins....

Frankly, if the Republicans were truly pro-gun as a party, they'd expend the political capital they have to shove this through (and really, to remove the Hughes amendment while they are at it). But they aren't. They are happy to get all the pro-gun votes and they will occasionally toss us a bone, but they will basically do or say anything to get into power to line their own pockets and push their pet agendas (or their corporate master's agendas).

Though I suppose a few bones and scraps from the Republicans is better than what we'd get from the Democrats, but there has to be a better way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Frankly, if the Republicans were truly pro-gun as a party, they'd expend the political capital they have to shove this through (and really, to remove the Hughes amendment while they are at it). But they aren't. They are happy to get all the pro-gun votes and they will occasionally toss us a bone, but they will basically do or say anything to get into power to line their own pockets and push their pet agendas (or their corporate master's agendas).

Though I suppose a few bones and scraps from the Republicans is better than what we'd get from the Democrats, but there has to be a better way.

Yeah...if only they were as dead-set on rolling stuff back as the dems are about slathering new stuff on, these could be some golden years, right now.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

No kidding. And how about that stupid bloated budget?!?! Don't want to derail this thread, so I guess I'll go start one in General Political.

Top Bottom