Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    Personally I feel like I'd just start building them. Same as building your own firearm. They're rudimentary in design, and while a nielsen tool might be require to get my semi-autos to run right. Suppressing my bolt action .22 should be simple enough. Also the quicker it passes, the quicker large manufacturers like Remington, Glock, Smith and Wesson, and Ruger can start cranking out mid range product en masse. Granted the initial surge will be great, but long game will be better overall.

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    Also as a side bar. I work with a gentleman who used to work for a reputable and popular suppressor manufacturer (I won't mention which one). But according to him, their top of the line suppressor cost the company roughly $120 to make, the rest of the $1000+ end cost went to the extreme amount of paperwork and wait time on their end to manufacture them. I think the initial surge would be large, but within 6ish months prices would plummet as more and more manufacturers made them and demand died down.
    Plus I have a moral opposition to being fingerprinted, photographed, and paying $200 to purchase what is essentially a muffler.
    just my . 02

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    What you just posted is the majority of the problem with a lot of NFA stuff.

I want it to pass so I can build a 300 blackout sbr upper with a pinned and welded can on it. No stamps, no 'brace', real stock options

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    What you just posted is the majority of the problem with a lot of NFA stuff.

I want it to pass so I can build a 300 blackout sbr upper with a pinned and welded can on it. No stamps, no 'brace', real stock options

Right? Can't Wait. SBR tax is dumb, SBS tax is dumb, Suppressors tax, dumb. I can get behindhigher background stuff on full auto, but not to the point that it is currently. (maybe a slightly more stringent check idk.)

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    this would result in oversupply and falling prices so what's the big deal? Prices will fall because the materials to build them are plentiful

The Problem with Waiting on the Hearing Protection Act… |
    The Problem with Waiting on the Hearing Protection Act…

Let’s assume they pass the Act tomorrow with flying colors.

The demand for suppressors will be tremendous. People excitedly buying anything they can get their hands on – like first time mothers at Walmart the day after Thanksgiving.
    With so much demand – what will that do to supply?

It means the same suppressor you didn’t want to wait a year for your stamp on…now you’ll now wait a year just to have in your hand.
    With so much demand, what will that do to prices?

Manufacturers will raise prices to meet what the public are asking for.
    So the same suppressor you didn’t want to wait a year for your stamp on…now you’ll now wait a year just to have in your hand…

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    Since they changed the trust rules I have been waiting to purchase any more. Several new models have been introduced, or modfications made to older designs. So waiting has had some benifit. I have suppresers for every cal I shoot so waiting is easier for me. But when this passes I see most everything but revolvers having their own dedicated can. But im also dreading all the negitizave press from the inevitable dumb@$$ that shoot their new suppresed gunns in town with out a good back stop.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    this would result in oversupply and falling prices so what's the big deal? Prices will fall because the materials to build them are plentiful

But there's a bottle neck.
    construction.

At first, a wave of people that have been holding off, will then try to buy, let's say in the first 6 months.
    After that, yes, the demand will balance out. Production lines will be adjusted. Etc.
    Then the price will drop.
    If you're waiting for the "long run".

But at first, they'll go up.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'll buy more suppressors with or without this. Even if it takes me a couple years to get another can if it passes, I'm good with that.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I still hope that it passes so I can do more R&D on Form 1 cans. It is fun to build and pretty easy with all the 80% stuff out there. But now that they changed the trust rules I don't want to go thru the extra hassle of prints and pics for the people on my trust.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

just-do-it-hed-2013.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Seriously this act is basically in the Congress/Senate in 3 different bills. If this does not get passed I will officially give up on politics. As a side note I do believe the SHUSH Act is my personal favorite version of the bill.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Seriously this act is basically in the Congress/Senate in 3 different bills. If this does not get passed I will officially give up on politics. As a side note I do believe the SHUSH Act is my personal favorite version of the bill.

while its my favorite also, i consider myself a realist and i think it has the least chance of passing! i see every damocrat and even a few republicans standing up to this version!, i doubt it'll get any traction let alone a hearing or anything but bad press!

yes i know that they are over the counter in a few countries, and yes i agree suppressors are an accessory, and no good without the gun to attach it too, but like i said i'm a realist! and lots of people (even quite a few gun owners) think we need the current process to keep them "out of the bad guys hands"

the best chance this bill has is the share act, then the hpa, and in a very distant third is the shush act!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Everytown (a.k.a. mommies who need some action) fails to take into consideration that a suppressor without a weapon is nothing more than a paperweight or maybe something to throw at someone. A prohibited possessor it is still a prohibited possessor whether or not their weapon has a suppressor mounted on it. Start enforcing the damn gun laws we have on the books lock these bastards up for a while. Build hundred story tall prisons if we have to. These scum are cowards and when the word gets out they won't want to go to the big house and they will have to find something else to do. Like maybe get an honest job. But I digress...

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    Everytown (a.k.a. mommies who need some action) fails to take into consideration that a suppressor without a weapon is nothing more than a paperweight or maybe something to throw at someone. A prohibited possessor it is still a prohibited possessor whether or not their weapon has a suppressor mounted on it. Start enforcing the damn gun laws we have on the books lock these bastards up for a while. Build hundred story tall prisons if we have to. These scum are cowards and when the word gets out they won't want to go to the big house and they will have to find something else to do. Like maybe get an honest job. But I digress...

You cant use reason or logic with left leaning liberals you know that. Fyi But you can put them on your ignore list if you run into them on a gun form.

Top Bottom